Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 19, 2013
My husband is the perfect husband. But like any typical man... he can find a million 'better things to do' than sit and read a book about pregnancy, delivery and babies!! Men like to deal with things once they happen... not plan and figure out game plans for life.

But this book is full of information that isn't hard to read or concentrate on. And it directly speaks to dad and his things he needs to do for mom & baby at a specific time (labor & delivery!) it's not a vague "you're wife is pregnant, time to stop being a selfish person" like some other books can come off. It's not as overwhelming and it's very direct to a time. I recommend this book in the 3rd trimester. I bought this for my husband upon us TTC and he read it... hilarious to think he'd remember anything he read that long ago. I'd purchase this in or right before 3rd trimester and have your husband read it in the 8th month or 9th month when you're sitting home within 30minutes of your hospital waiting to have a baby!

I think it's a NEED for every dad. It's not a story from a dad's point of view... but a dad writing key points to general fatherhood when it comes to the KEY part of pregnancy for a DAD... when he meets his little one!!

Great book. Easy read. Good for sensitive dads or non-sensitive dads. 1st time dads, or 18th time dads.
on March 8, 2017
Eh, somewhat informative but more jokey than actual good advice. A lot of the things in the book might have been good for the personal tastes of the author but if I walked my wife through visualization exercises or used the motivational phrases, she would look at me like I was crazy.
on November 28, 2014
This is a great book for the soon to be and already practicing fathers. This isn't your everyday event and the love of your life really needs you to help her through this. The book provides a great foundation on how to be a beneficial birthing partner. Very thankful to help my wife through her 3rd pregnancy and helping other future fathers with this great information.
on February 20, 2013
Ladies, if your husband complains that this information is all obvious, he probably didn't read the book. In fact I'd dare say there's a couple of ideas in there even the ladies might not think of.

That's not to say I thought the book was amazing, but it is a quick and easy read with some useful ideas, and you can't beat the price. I particularly liked some of the relaxation suggestions as well as some of the thoughts on what to pack for the hospital.
on June 23, 2017
Me and my husband loved this book! It helped him know what to expect in the deliver room!
on September 28, 2015
Made for adolescents having their first baby. Maybe it's the perfect gift for the father to be that just doesn't know how anatomy or anything related to birth is.
on June 25, 2008
Every new dad to be needs this book! The title says it all "How to be helpful, clued-in, supportive, engaged, and relevant in the delivery room." I bought this book for my husband because he wouldn't read any of the books that I was reading to get prepared and to know what to expect. He loved reading the book.
on October 27, 2008
I ordered this for my husband. He read it in a very short period of time. It was a great starter for his education on what was happening to me and our unborn son. After reading this book, he was more involved and MUCH more knowledgeable!
on February 3, 2010
This is a very quick read which is nice for most guys out there that don't want to take a lot of time to read about pregnancy. It is like a summary for what you need to do to prepare for the new little one. I thought it was very helpful!
on October 3, 2009
this book really helped to give my husband an idea of what was expected of him and what to expect. this book really helped him come through in the delivery room!