Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 19, 2013
There are a lot of good stories within this book. They show princesses but in a different light. Many are self-rescuing. I enjoy sharing these princess stories with my princess enthralled preschooler. This book has more words than most kids of 3.5 years have the patience for, so I summarize for now. She enjoys the pictures and the shortened stories.
on November 22, 2010
Though the Disney princesses are popular, they all send young girls a similar message. You must be beautiful and passive in order to get Prince Charming. This book presents tales with intelligent, strong princesses that are far from passive. They give girls like my daughter a different message. You can be beautiful AND strong, and sometimes even save Prince Charming instead of waiting to be saved. Princesses can be independent and still attract a handsome suitor.
on January 3, 2014
The illustrations are beautiful, and it's the only reason I didn't give this book 1 star. My niece and I read this together,and neither of us were impressed. 3/4 of the way through the book, my niece jumped off my lap, covered her ears and yelled " It's so dumb I just can't take it anymore!"

Makes you go hmmm....
on September 23, 2013
As a single father, I try to be very careful about the messages my daughter gets from the things she reads and shows she watches. Like many of us, I am no fan of the Disney stories; you know the drill--helpless but beautiful damsel, has to be saved by a dashing prince or fairy godmother or both. Ugh.

Though not perfect, this book contains much better messages for girls. The heroines are strong-willed, independent, and imperfect. And the stories are fun.
on February 6, 2014
I'm saving this one for my granddaughter's next birthday. This princess certainly does have attitude. Kinda fun to cast a young woman who knows her own mind and isn't intimidated by "anything".
on October 25, 2013
I bought this book for my daughters, and they LOVE all of the stories. I like the book because it gives a different spin on the same old princess stories we read night after night. This one is a keeper in our library for sure!
on January 21, 2015
This is a great book with a great message for young girls. My granddaughter loves this story and asks to have it read to her all the time.
on February 21, 2014
I got this as a gift for a little girl and she loves how in the stories the princess are not always perfect. Great gift
on November 2, 2014
not the 50's disney endings here, girls solve their own problems, gain confidence in their self image and occasionally save the prince
on February 19, 2016
Cute book. My 7year old Enjoys it.