Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 16, 2018
Disclosure: I am reviewing the Audible/Audiobook version of this title.

Got some decent takeaways from this book, but after listening to a little less than half the book, its clear that its meant to be read in hardcover/softcover. There are a number of interactive worksheets to complete, and in the audiobook version, it reads them verbatim, as well as all of the choices and numbers associated with scoring. In short, it gets very annoying and you don't get much out of listening to it.

I'm sure the hard copy has a better flow to it, but for me, the audiobook fell short.
on April 26, 2010
a weak contribution to the career change / self discovery topic.

i've read a few books in the category in the last year, and found this one bland and poorly organized.

if you haven't read anything on career change, it's worth the $1 or so you can pay for a used copy for on amazon; but don't buy new.

still -- skip this and look at "what should i do with my life", "the pathfinder" and "in transition" and then take a strong or briggs myers survey online; doing so will be more productive.

i read this book after i'd already decided to leave my unfulfilling job, but from other reviews it appears that the book is a catalyst to get people off their butts and go for a change, which is of course a good thing, so i don't want to be too critical, but it did nothing for me.
on January 25, 2011
Like others have stated, it's a bit self-evident. She breaks down people into different groups, but chances are you don't fit in just one group and will need to read a few different chapters. Even there, it seems she assumes certain things, such as people wanting a 'traditional' job or start their own business, but that's it. No options it seems for stay at home moms, self learners, create your own world or anything out of the 'norm'.

It's okay. Just not great or very inciteful. Basic beginner book.
on April 23, 2004
This title provides effective exercises for would-be career changers and entreprenuers. After spending 10 years in the corporate world and making a couple unsuccessful attempts at small business, I found myself thinking "I don't know what I want, but this isn't it." Locked into a career that pays well, but has little else to recommend it, I've been having a hard time finding a vocation that offers fulfillment, but doesn't involve going broke in the process. The exercises in this book helped me clarify what I want (and do not want) from my work-life and helped me to develop a plan to acheive it. I recommend using this book in conjunction with "Do What You Are" by Tieger.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2009
This a good read for someone of desperate nature of a change. I did not find it helpful, but I do think it could be useful to someone who is completely lost.
on December 29, 2016
awesome
on January 23, 2009
Definitely an easy read, guess thats a good thing/bad thing. Not sure it was really helpful, but did provide some insight. Not sure i would recommend to others to buy, but if you can find it in a library or something might be of some use.
on May 11, 2014
I thought it would be somewhat different than what it gave. I have another book that is more reader friendly.
on March 11, 2016
Was a little more "used" than I expected.
on December 29, 2012
When I purchased this book, I was at a dead end job, I knew I wanted more and knew I couldn't get it there. I quit and landed a great job!