Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 13, 2017
Trust me, if you hate laughing while reading, then please stay away from this book. It is hilarious and more than a few times I had to put down my Kindle for fear that my laughing hysterically would cause me to drop it, break it, and make me sad all of the sudden.

The only itch is that it could have been longer, but I suppose that's a compliment as well. The 'behind the scenes' stories were hilarious. We all knew that Greg Oden was a great guy, this confirmed it (other than one incident later in life), we perhaps didn't know much about Evan Turner other than his decent NBA career, but he comes off as interesting guy, with a startling sense of perspective at times. Mark Titus is a jokester, someone who was aware of his limitations as a player, and thus moved along accordingly. He was the peanut gallery, and I don't know that a book like this told from Turner's perspective as a 'star' would be as effective.

Is this another The Breaks of the Game? Of course not, it never tries to be. It gives you a time (2006-10), a place (Columbus, Ohio for the most part), and setting (hoops, because if Titus had a personal life while he was in Columbus, well he rarely touches on it here). Good enough for me. If you want more of his writing, he's become one of Bill Simmons' crew of loyalists, and has worked with him at Grantland and The Ringer.
on March 16, 2017
even though i am not an ohio state fan, i can relate to being on the bench as a sub. pretty easy read. i will pass this on to my ohio state fans.
on October 24, 2017
Fan of the author's writing. This is not for everyone.
on November 30, 2016
Easy read. Sarcastic and humorous look into college sports. Titus pokes fun at the whole college sports culture. Warning - this is full of bathroom humor and includes some R rated stories - not for kids. I'm glad I read this before giving to my young basketball-obsessed middle schooler.
on June 3, 2013
I'm a huge college basketball fan and Titus offers a great insider's look into the game, the atmosphere, and the team. Some will be turned off by the sophomoric humor but if nothing else it feels honest.

It's a quick read without just skimming details. I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys college basketball.
on January 9, 2014
As a huge buckeye basketball fan (I was there during the horrible end of the Randy Ayers era) I loved the look inside buckeye basketball. Huge fan of Coach Thad Matta, so really enjoyed those parts the most. Had me laughing out loud at some of the quotes and shenanigans that took place. The book is a little immature (intentionally) and gets a little slow in the middle when talking about his personal fame, but all in all a good read. A must read for any Buckeye basketball fan. If you are looking for a light and funny vacation/beach/flight read, it is worth checking out.
on April 29, 2013
A lighthearted yet true story of life in the competitive world of basketball. It is a human story not necessarily one of solely basketball. Worth a read for anyone interested in how someone deals with the challenges of being an athlete at a big time school. Again, it's a comical look at life and not only about sports.
on December 18, 2015
Hilarious read and good behind the scenes stuff for D1 college basketball. Highly recommend if you are a college hoops fan.
on May 20, 2012
Wasn't too familiar with Mark or Club Trillion when I purchased this book, and I'm far from an Ohio State fan. But I found Mark's stories to be funny and well told and I was able to plow through this book in a few hours. Easy and enjoyable and recommended to anyone who likes sports and humor.
on January 8, 2017