- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Don't Say No” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $11.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Don't Say No Original recording remastered, Extra tracks, Original recording reissued
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Original recording remastered, Extra tracks, July 27, 2010
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Squier was the personification of 80s rock, with an array of arena rock anthems and power ballads. Don't Say No: 30th Anniversary Edition features 2 bonus tracks, live version of hit songs The Stroke and My Kinda Lover, recorded during a 2009 tour.
Top Customer Reviews
Every track here is a winner. The singles "The Stroke", "My Kinda Lover", and "In The Dark" were all big hard rock hits and still sound great today. Other great tracks including the hard-driving rockers "You Know What I Like" and "Whadda You Want From Me", the mid-tempo rocker "Too Daze Gone", and "I Need You", which is carried by Mark Clarke's excellent bass line. The ballad "Nobody Knows" is also a strong track. "Lonely Is The Night" is probably the best track here, one of the great hard rock riffs of the '80s. Although there are keyboards featured throughout the album, they're only added for color, and don't overwhelm the guitars like on other hard rock albums. His next album Emotions In Motion was pretty good, but the rest of his albums were inconsistent, including 16 Strokes, his greatest-hits album. If you want to hear the best of Billy Squier, this is the album to purchase. Highly recommended.
1. In the Dark (10/10) --Great introduction to a great album
2. The Stroke (9/10) --I wasn't alive back then, but this had to be a 80's hit, right?
3. My Kinda Lover (10/10) --Not only one of his best songs, but one of my favorite songs ever.
4. You Know What I Like (10/10) --Good song after good song.
5. Too Daze Gone (10/10) --One of the best tracks here. At first i just liked it but then i re-listened to it and the lyrics started making more sense to me. I think it's a song many people can relate with.
6. Lonely is the Night (10/10) --At this point I'm wondering...Is this a best of or something???
7. Whadda You Want From Me? (7/10) --Okay, okay. Good song but definitely not the best.
8. Nobody Knows (10/10) --Sad song dedicated to John Lennon.
9. I Need You (10/10) --One of my favorite rhythms ever.
10. Don't Say No (9/10) --Good song. At this point, I think...WHY ONLY TEN SONGS!!! I NEED MORE OF THIS!!
Average song rating: (95/100) (9.5/10)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got mine today. Used Vinyl. Still sounds great after 30 years! Growing up in the 80s, somehow I never got this. His sings were on the radio so much maybe I didn't need to. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jeffrey
I bought this vinyl and was extemley warped exchanged it twice with same results finally gave up And got a refund. Read morePublished 4 months ago by duaner
Forgot what a great guitarist and writer this guy is. Bonus tracks are an added plus for those who have never seen him live.Published 5 months ago by Michael B. Dojcak
I loved this album when it first came out and I purchased it on vinyl, then cassette, and finally the CD which then got scratched up after years of being played and now I've got a... Read morePublished 5 months ago by BIGGUY
Had a worn out cassette and replaced with cd . I enjoy billy and will always.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer