Don't Stop the Music Import
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Import, November 4, 2003
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Keep this Fire Burning- This song is great song with great lyrics you'll love it. 10/10
2. Don't Stop the Music- A great dance(/hiphop/rock) song about overcoming obstacles, very empowering! Has a great chance at being an anthem. 8/10
3. O Baby- I love this song, its a ballad with a perfect groove to it, the lyrics are simple but oh so heartfelt. Showcases her voice really well. 10/10
4. Blow My Mind- This is a [really good] song! I guess this song sounds kinda techno pop, its a mid-tempo song with a nice beat to it. These are the kinds of lyrics Christina and Britney really wanna sing. Robyn's voice in this song is very thin, whispery and kinda soft child-like, it goes really well with the song. Also the song has this sillyness in the background, its very quirky. 9/10
5. Should Have Known- This song starts out with the sound of the wheel as it slows from wheel of fortune, it's so great! The background music sounds very simplistic in the beginning, almost not there, then it gets very lush. I love, love, love the background music in this song. The lyrics are very straight foward in the song and you can absolutely FEEL the emotion. Also she says the f word a few times, and that to me is all the reason to buy this cd!!!Read more ›
Add to it the lofty price of an import CD and I ought to be on medication, too, for buying it.
Except for one thing: the core of this album is by far her best work. Robyn works with some of the best producers in the R&B genre but this effort is much more her own work than her first two CDs. She also works with some of Sweden's best musicians and that's much more evident here, too. "Blow My Mind" and "Moonlight" add a beautiful touch of New Age to her pop style. I think they're also an indication of the direction she wants to take her career in her next production. If she does it'll be a sea change. Anything like these two tunes and she'll have the most ethereal yet subtly whimsical album since "Yellow Submarine."
But there's still a lot of the "old" Robyn to appreciate, too. It is, after all, a dance album. [After ABBA, it's like dance CDs are now required by Swedish law!] "Keep This Fire Burning" is actually a good tune despite the bad video but if you want to dance, try "Big City." And if you dance way too much, there 's "Psycho.Read more ›
As of October 2012, a used copy is going for $130 and a new copy for almost $1,000? Really? I did some research on the web and found a used copy for $20!
Now, how many more used copies out there are you going to find for $20? I don't know. But I do know that everyone should obviously be prudent when purchasing from Amazon. Do your research!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is another great album from Robyn with her always incredible voice and she's even included a beautiful and soothing bonus Swedish song at the end!Published on August 29, 2013 by Stefmusik
This album is a great transitional album from the teenager who hit the charts in the early 90's to the amazing artist she is today.Published on October 21, 2010 by B. Petree
EVER SINCE I HEARD HER ON THE RADIOS IN 1998 WITH HER DO YOU NOW WHAT IT TAKES SONG. I BECAME A BIG FAN. THEN WHEN BRITNEY SPEARS CAME ALONG IN 1999. SHE SUDDENLY DISSAPEARED. Read morePublished on February 7, 2006 by orange soda
From O Baby to Keep This Fire Burning to Moonlight, a fantastic album!Published on August 24, 2003 by iambicp
Robyn does so many different styles on this album, it's not just pure pop anymore. Her voice has great range in how she can sing. Read morePublished on May 31, 2003 by Susan Najdusak