Jeff Yeager, AKA The Ultimate Cheapskate, likes to talk trash, particularly when it saves you money and helps to save the planet at the same time.
As informative as it is entertaining, Don’t Throw That Away!
delivers on its promise to show you hundreds of ways to reuse, repurpose, and upcycle everyday items that would otherwise end up in the trash. From the supremely practical to bizarre examples of repurposing-gone-crazy, one minute you’ll be thinking, “I can’t believe anyone actually does that,” and the next you’ll be saying to yourself, “Gee, I’m going to try that today.”
You’ll learn how to:
- Perform a Trash Can Autopsy that could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year
- Upcycle items to use in decorating your home and garden
- Celebrate the holidays, entertain the kids, and save money on recreation with things you’d otherwise throw away
- Help others by donating unwanted items to special charities looking for everything from used dentures, eyeglasses, and human hair, to bicycles and business suits
- Make a Junkyard Gym to stay fit and save money
- Compost things you never imagined possible
- Save money and live green by reusing and repurposing everything from spent coffee grounds, dryer lint, and banana peels, to plastic shopping bags, stale bread, and worn out panty hose
“My grandmother used to make Christmas ornaments out of the specimen cups from my grandfather’s urological visits,” Yeager writes. “And you wonder why I have so many unresolved issues?” Don’t Throw That Away!
: You’ll never look at your trash the same way again.