Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 318 reviews
on February 6, 2016
excellent read for all folks, I just retired and this book is aligned with my thinking - that playing golf or tennis or bridge to the exclusion of serving God is not what I want for my life. I know too many people that have wasted their lives thinking retirement was a deserved time to do nothing but travel and play. don't want to be like that. This book is convicting and a must read.
on June 26, 2016
One of the best books I have read! Get ready to rekindle or perhaps kindle that fire that the Lord put inside (or desires to). Get ready to NOT waste your life! Get up, Seek Him and His Kingdom first and let Him ordain your path! Perfect book for anyone, unbeliever to mature one in Christ!
on July 18, 2016
Must reading for every serious follower of Jesus Christ. This is important stuff. Don't miss it. I will be re-reading at least portions regularly as a reminder of what is truly important. Highly recommended!
on June 12, 2014
Aside from the scriptures, this is, by far, the most fabulous piece of literature I have ever read. I have had this book for 1 year and have read it in full 7 times. My copy is dog-eared, highlighted and filled with pencil marks and notes and I go back to it constantly.

The lessons this book teaches apply to all walks of life, and all stages of your life. Whether you are 10 years old, 90 years young, or anywhere else along the way, this book will give you a new perspective on the days you have left.

Perhaps most importantly, this book does not leave you with guilt about the mistakes you may have made in your life. Instead, it motivates you to live the rest of your life completely sold out for God.

As Piper hammers home, when you live this way "God will be most glorified in you. And you will be most satisfied in him."
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2010
This book is a quick read, and it is a great challenge. Piper grew up with a plaque in his house that said "Only one life, twill soon be past; Only what is done for Christ will last." That is pretty much the theme of this book. Piper rejects a retired life of serene bliss where we putter about in boats and watch the sun go down every night with no worship and work done for Christ. He exhorts Christians to find something you enjoy doing for the praise of Christ. He recommends working not just for the paycheck, but for the good you can do for the world and for others. He talks about making others glad for God.

Piper says that anything not done for the primary goal of praising and prizing Christ is a waste of life.

There is also a final challenge about the majesty of Christ in missions, that some will want to make a second career of cross-cultural evangelism, though he acknowledges that we can help fulfill the Great Commission wherever we are.

Terrific and inspiring work from John Piper.
on June 20, 2017
I have read the first few chapters, which seem to rehash the same thing, varying only in phrasing. I get that we are to glorify God in all we do, but where is the joy? This is wooden and verbiose, no joy to be found, almost platitude in nature. I was looking for encouragement, not going to find it here.
on May 10, 2014
By sharing his own personal experience and testimony along with copious scripture Piper does an excellent job of showing Christians that in order to make our lives count, we need to BOTH live our lives with purpose and enjoy what God has given us. These two ideas are not mutually exclusive and if you try to pick just one of the other, you will end up wasting your life. He makes his these points far more eloquently than I could.

Highly Recommended for any believer!
on October 1, 2015
John piper writes with a passion and clarity of our commitment to God , and the importance of puttinh Him first in out lives . With a culture full of distractions from our true purpose here , it's a must read . Thank you.
on November 7, 2013
I saw a video at Church about a young man who was sought out by many pro football agents, but instead he turned away from the fame and money and turned his life over to Christ. He references and credits this book for the choice he made...I came to realize that I needed to read this book. It is an incredible read and gives many moments of pause to the ways of my own life and brings my areas of work to the forefront. Excellent read!
on July 3, 2015
This was the first Piper book that I read after returning from one of his conferences, and I enjoyed it so much. I kept a notebook beside me while I read it just so I could highlight some of the key points without writing in my book. I now know what it means to waste your life.