Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Dont click on the newer version red controller

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2012, 11:12:39 AM PST
L. Freese says:
I hope you did not order the red one where it says Newer Item....as that Item is a Refurb....It never said it was A REFURB BEFORE. I have been calling Amazon CS for weeks to let them know there is no such thing as a Newer version of a red controller....Now instead of fixing that link and removing it they leave it there and if you click on it it takes you to a refurb that costs more than a new controller. LOL CRAZY....

Posted on Mar 31, 2012, 4:10:49 PM PDT
The same thing is happening to the Silver one if you look at its listing. Amazon.com needs to get ahold of the fake controller problem they have!

Posted on Apr 1, 2012, 9:51:50 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Amazon does not seem to do anything about this I have talked to the, several times on the phone. Sad actually....since their customer service people try so hard.

Posted on May 3, 2012, 3:19:01 AM PDT
I have also reported this to Amazon.com and they have never done a thing to correct it! More need to complain or they will never do anything.

Posted on May 3, 2012, 5:37:27 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
I know....its a shame. I have reported Amazon to the Better Business Bureau as well because their promo of Grand Turismo 5 XL game offers a free PSN game....and I never received it. Amazon marketing or whoever handles this sort of thing needs to be evaluated.
Im with you, more need to sound off and complain about these sort of things.
Sony does not have any controllers that are So called newer versions. I personally have spoke to Sony PlayStation managers about this and they have seen Amazons website on both this controller and the Gran Turismo Bonus offer and they have told me that Something is very wrong with Amazons info. Maybe a law suite would get this properly taken care of. Know any good class action attorneys?

Posted on May 17, 2012, 2:59:07 PM PDT
L. Freese thanks for your latest comment on this - truly appreciated.

Posted on May 17, 2012, 10:12:12 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Your welcome Parental Rights....Amazon may be a big Company but that doesn't give them the right to put anything they want on their web site that would steer a customer with false information. I just got done speaking to Sony Corp and the Better Business Bureau today as a matter of fact in regards to another false bit of advertising that I was caught up in....The Gran Tursimo 5 XL game offering a free PSN game as a Bonus and Amazon not fulfilling that offer. I have been a long term customer of Amazon and have tried to do my best to help them realize their errors....However they do not fix these issues. I appreciate your feed back and am truly glad to help. We all need to help each other on matters such as this. Thank you.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 2:28:17 PM PST
Jake says:
same thing happened to me i ordered one black friday. returned it because it was a fake
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Black)
PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller (Black) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars (4,068)