Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,034 reviews
on October 7, 2010
Bruno Mars literally sprung up out of nowhere this year when he appeared on B.O.B.'s hit single Nothin On You. He had an undeniably smooth voice with a unique quality that made him instantly likable. I will admit that Bruno Mars does show flashes of Michael Jackson in his voice in the same type of way that Ne-Yo has some shades of MJ in his voice. This is not to say he sings or sounds like Michael, just that certain notes he hits reminds of the late great. However that little quality did not cause me to overrate this album. Bruno Mars is extremely talented and is a star waiting to happen.

Having also appeared on Travie McCoy's successful single Billionaire as well as helping produce the magnificent Cee-Lo Green single "F You", Bruno finally drops his much anticipated album. Earlier he released a 4 song EP "Its Better If You Don't Understand" which was a great record. However, 3 of those 4 songs made it to his debut album Doo Wops & Hooligans. That would not be so bad if the album was longer than 10 tracks. It's still not really a problem since the album is filled with great songs. The single Just The Way You Are is 5 stars all the way as well as Grenade, Talking To The Moon and Lazy Song. Bruno Mars mixes soul with reggae and pop but does so effortlessly and with such style and grace. Vocally he's one of the best male singers to emerge in quite a while and the production is timeless. The lyrics are original and sung with passion. Cee-Lo Green, B.O.B., and Damian Marley make cameos but Bruno was not outshined on his own project.

Doo Wops & Hooligans is easily one of the better albums of the year. I'd rank it up there with Janelle Monae, Nneka, and Corinne Bailey Rae's efforts. It's unfortunate that Bruno Mars has encountered a bit of trouble as this album was released but it's easy to see he has the talent to be a cornerstone in music for years to come. 5 stars.
on April 4, 2017
Always wanted to get into Bruno Mars. A little late, but i really like this album. Songs I've heard on the radio I now know, and I've learned new songs. I really like his sound.
on March 14, 2017
Even though I'm "older" (60s) I LOVE Bruno Mars!! Every song on this CD is great!! I play it in my car and sing along. Especially love the "Lazy" song!
on March 9, 2017
I love watching Bruno Mars because he really puts on a show. However, the CD lacked the energy and pacing that I love about Bruno Mars. I was disappointed.
on April 19, 2017
I love his music especially the "just the way you are" and "marry you" tracks. His vocalizations are epic.
on April 14, 2017
One of my favorite CD's! Bruno could sing anything and make it sound good!! I'm a fan for life!! Love you Bruno!!
on February 10, 2012
I was surprised how much I like Bruno Mars. It's cute. Not exactly my thing when it comes to music, but something more than his incredible voice brings me back to it.
After 2 days of steady streaming his videos online I decided that the kid deserved my money. I was going to get the regular album, but saw this one for only $5 more (at the time) and this version has 6 bonus tracks, which is less than a buck a song. Plus, I love his voice live, which 3 of the bonus tracks are. I'm glad I spent a little more. If you don't care about the live stuff I'd stick to the regular album, unless you're a Bruno die hard...
on January 21, 2016
Purchased for my Step-Mom for Christmas. She loves it and listens to it constantly.
on April 2, 2017
Fast shipping, love this cd!
on May 31, 2015
Grenade and Talking to the Moon are my favorite songs on this CD, although I love the whole thing.