Top positive review
74 people found this helpful
Encourages creativity and gives kids ideas on how to start a diary!
on September 8, 2015
This doodle diary is really cute. There are so many different pages with different ideas on what to draw, write, doodle, etc. inside. I bought this for our 11 year old for Christmas and she's going to love it. I noticed the other day that she has a plain journal in her room, that only a few pages are written on. I think that this will really get her into journal writing! This is great for kids who like to document their lives and are really creative. For example, there are pages in this diary to:
1. List, doodle, collage the foods and desserts they love
2. A page where they can write down what movies they saw, add comments about them, add ticket stubs, etc.
3. A watercolor page - where they only doodle with watercolor colored pencils
4. A page of inspirations - to find and include colors, words, patterns, illustrations, labels, photos -- and to add what's so inspiring about them
5. A page about your best friends -- you can add pictures or draw them, say what you like about them, etc..
I like that this doodle diary is filled with ideas for kids, instead of giving them a blank diary. Not only is it fun and appealing inside and out, but they won't be "stuck" on what to say or write or draw. What a GREAT idea to encourage creativity and documenting their lives, so they can go back and look at it in the future!