Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Doodle Sketchbook: Art Journaling for Boys
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 28, 2013
I bought this book for my 13 year old nephew who lives to draw. I never see him but he has a pencil and paper in his hands. I thought this book would be a good way to offer prompts to get him to draw, sketch and doodle. It also teaches you how to use different kinds of materials from pencils, pens, crayons, oil pastels, gel pens, white-out. It also encourages you to do collages, use photos. They also tell you that if you make a mistake....just doodle over it. Tool tips are used throughout the book as suggestions. Ideas for pages include: Place different papers and scraps down and doodle over them. Create thumbprints (with ink or marker) and make things out of them. Draw your favorite robot. Mix photos and collage with doodles to make your own scene, whether it be real or something imagined. You've found an important piece of evidence so make sure to note and doodle everything!

I think this is a great idea for boys (or any child) to let them use their imagination with over 150 page and ideas.
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2012
Again, the backgrounds are fantastic and inspire me to make some of my own multimedia work. I'm 70 and female and wanted ideas and adore this book. LIke it even more than the girl's art journal.

I chose it because I figured it was perfect to inspire me to experiment. I've always been afraid and my inner critic always shot me down and I let him or it. I am so looking forward to trying some of the pages in the book. the next thing to over come is, "You can't use those pages! It will ruin them."
6 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old for Kwanzaa. He is big into drawing, however, he hasn't used this much. I think it is very cool and would recommend and purchase again for another little boy. I think my son doesn't get into it very much because he has already begun keeping a journal in the tradition word fashion. It's as if it's just too big a leap. He also seems to feel like the artistic recommendations int his book are a bit of a project. I still think it's a great idea and journal. I offer this information to be considered with the type of child you are purchasing this for and their current experience with journals. Enjoy.
One person found this helpful
on December 25, 2015
I thought it was great, but my 11 year old son was not super impressed and he loves art. I think it may have had too many instructions? I am not sure, neither is he. Perhaps an older boy or even an adult? My husband has done a few pages, but since it is our sons... we are saving it for a day when maybe he likes it!
on December 20, 2015
Purchased for my 11 year old grandson. It is paperback size and easy to be a take along. It arrived as pictured and described.
on January 22, 2015
as advertized
on December 16, 2015
Very cute. Wish it was a bigger book though.
on April 30, 2014
I choose her books because I thought that they were how to books to learn how to do the art work to make a sketchbook. I really didn't pay attention to what the advertisement said, I just looked at the art work and I thought that I would be able to replicate this look. If you just want to journal some sketch work on great backgrounds this is an ideal book. For me her books were not what I was really after. I kept my books because I like to look at the art, but would really like her to write a how to book, so that I can make backgrounds like hers. I can't just duplicate what I see, I need directions of how to do it. She is a wonderful artist.
2 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2014
My boys really like my Wreck This Journal.... they are 9 and 10. This is a great journal for them. The pages are fun.
on August 10, 2013
I have a grandson who loves to doodle. I got this journal for him to put his doodles in for his birthday. Fair price. Prompt delivery.