Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 771 reviews
on August 5, 2016
Came in quick and no bang ups on it!
review image
on March 8, 2017
My son an I both love this record despite the explicit lyrics. The more recent records are great, but more sophisticated and political. This is a good old teen angst rocker with lots of anthems.
on March 14, 2017
I have purchased this album three times: twice on CD and now on vinyl! I LOVE it... still one of my favorite albums of all time. This edition isn't super special but does have the liner notes and artwork/photos from the original cassette/CD. The 180 gram vinyl is solid and sturdy so it'll definitely hold up to my infinite plays!
on April 15, 2017
This is not the 180g version. This is the Europe standard version from Because Sound Matters.
Amazon, fix this description. Misleading for sure.
on December 30, 2013
So I bought this album back in 94 on CD when it came out. I still have my original CD and there is one thing that really bothers me about my vinyl and it has nothing to do with the sound. The sonic qualities are awesome.

What the hell happened to Ernie on the back cover? He is on the screen shots for the CD version for 4.99 but he has been shopped out on the vinyl! Otherwise the artwork is excellent.
on June 18, 2017
This a great album, but I will need to find a different manufacturer. The first copy I received had a warp in the grooves on side A that made it completely unplayable past song three. Amazon tried their best and sent two more copies, but each one had the defect. Seems to me the manufacturer pushed their plates too long. Also, it was advertised as 180 gram vinyl and it is not!
on April 19, 2017
Great purchase, a great item for my collection!!! Recommended seller!!!
on March 10, 2010
I saw the video for "Basket Case" on MTV in 1994, when I was 17, and I was instantly hooked. I went out and bought the CD and ended up loving every song on the CD. This is one of the very few albums I have listened to(and I have listened to a lot) where every song is good or great. Many other albums have one to a few good songs. This album you can play straight through and love it all. I listened to the CD several times, everyday, for at least a year. My favorite songs are "Sassafras Roots", "Longview", "Basket Case", "Welcome to Paradise", and "When I Come Around". I probably purchased at least 5 copies, since I scratched the hell out of them, playing them so much.

The songs all have kind of the same sound, with the same few chords played over and over, in different patterns. Fast and furious drum beats accompany the simple, yet addictive, guitar riffs. A lot of Green Day haters criticized this chaotic "noise", but that's punk for you. There's something about the sound that is addictive, like a drug. Most of it is upbeat and energetic, while still appealing to rebellious teenagers with the lyrics. It makes you feel somewhat "euphoric", at least it made me feel that way, back in the day and still does. The effect is similar to listen to early, upbeat Beatles' songs.

I was disappointed with Green Day's albums after "Dookie", until "American Idiot" was released, approximately a decade later. I had not listened to Green Day in years, but loved the new, different, sound of Green Day. It started a Green Day renaissance and I had to listen to "Dookie" again and I re-discovered how great the album is. I don't like it as much as when I was a teenager, but it passes the test of time and I still enjoy listening to it.

Any teenager out there should check out this album. Many adults may enjoy it too. I miss the days when I blasted this album through my car's speakers, repeatedly. Check out these other Green Day Albums: Kerplunk, American Idiot and 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours too.
on August 11, 2016
We recently started buying CDs of our favorite albums from the 1970s and 1980s. We import them into iTunes, then export them as high quality audio onto a thumb drive we carry in the car for road trips. A real bonus when you buy certain CDs from Amazon is that you can them stream them from your Amazon music account. Still great after all these years, and it was great to bring this music back into our collection.
on May 24, 2017
Good album, its one of the first so I'm glad I have it for my collection, but I could have just gone and downloaded a few of the songs from ITunes and would have been just as satisfied. My favorite band, so again, it goes with the collection!