Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Doom 3 - BFG Edition
Format: Video Game|Change

on July 24, 2015
I remember playing the very first dos doom on pc. lots of great childhood memories there. played this title on my wifes' pc while ago and absolutely loved it. they of course remastered it, but only the controls, not the gameplay, least nothing that I am disappointed on. its stayed true to the original and even has both doom1&2 plus the resurrection as well as bonus mission. pretty good deal. and i must say on my vizio tv with optimal res set on my 360 at 1360x768 it looks amazing! will definitely be playing this for quite some time.
on February 20, 2013
This is the ultimate end-all be-all collection for Doom fans.

Doom (aka Doom '95)
-This is the one that started it all, the graphics, music, and sound effects are JUST how I remember them, 2-4 player co-op is a great addition for current-gen consoles and the controls are very well done for the layout of the Xbox controller.

Doom II
-Much of the same as Doom as far as the graphics, sound, and music, another flawless port just like I remember it.

Doom 3
-This is why I really bought this game. When Doom 3 came out originally in the Summer of 2004, I didn't have a PC powerful enough to run it at the level the developers intended, I still played it anyways though. This looks like a whole new game, the shadows are crisp, the lighting has been completely revamped, and some of the clear models (glasses, windows...) look to be updated as well. I should also mention that this game runs at a consistent 60 FPS thanks to the id Tech 6 Engine (also used to develop Rage). The controls have been remapped for the Xbox controller, and the flashlight can also be left on while you have a gun drawn (something that was absent in the original release). It's difficult to break the habit of pressing the left trigger to aim down the sights, as this game never had that. The game play is classic id-FPS, fast, fluid, and intense.

Overall this game is hard to pass up for the price. I would have easily paid $40 for just Doom 3, but the fact that you also get amazing ports of Doom & Doom II make this a deal to anyone who enjoys a good FPS.
on March 27, 2015
Repurchased big just to have it at such a low price. Already played bfg and had gotten rid most of xbox 360 stuff for next gens. Still have to have my doom since it plays on zone now. Love the sentry bots and the game is a must. Don't even notice the graphics age for the sounds keep you so aware of what's coming or waiting for you.
on May 2, 2013
Got my copy of Doom 3 BFG edition from Amazon around the holiday season. I have to say I have had a lot of fun with these games. If you loved the older doom games then you will obviously enjoy this seeing as how it's Doom 1,2 & 3 with all of the expansions. There are only 2 downsides to this game which is why I gave it a 4 star rating. The graphics for Doom 3 could have been MUCH better. With HD re-releases of games like Halo 1 coming out before this, looking absolutely fantastic, it was a bit of a let down to see the graphics not looking as good as they could have been. Though graphics aren't everything and I still have a blast with 3. My main problem is with Doom 2. In the Wolfenstein hidden levels they removed all the nazi symbols as to not to offend any one... which is BS because Doom has always been controversial and Call of Duty, one of the biggest selling games, plasters swastikas all over their games especially in "Nazi" zombies. An issue occurs when you play these levels co-op with some one who has the marketplace downloaded version of 2. You will both glitch out and won't be able to complete the game together. So I wouldn't advise doing that. Other than these issues, IT'S DOOM. If you liked Doom growing up or if you want to play a classic first person shooter, pick this one up .
on November 4, 2012
I played through Doom 3 back when it first came out, and I was a huge fan of the Doom series before that. I loved Doom 3, but I remember having to set it on the lowest display settings to be able to run it on my PC back then. Then I bought it for the original Xbox, and I wasn't hooked enough to play it all the way through.

Then BFG Edition came...

I was hesitant at first because I was thinking, "What could really be that different?" But I'm a sucker for these games, and the new Lost Mission sounded promising. So I bought it.

I have to say this is one of my better purchase decisions. The game has been optimized for console (I'm using Xbox 360), and it is BEAUTIFUL. I can tell that the developers released this edition to be everything they originally intended Doom 3 to be. I had no idea the lighting was so effective in the game. The controls are easy to use (Especially the flashlight anytime function, which if you're anything like me you'll shine that thing in every corner before you even think about feeling safe). I have not played through all the way yet, and I haven't even touched the expansions. Even so, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

If you remember loving this game at all back when it first came out, I recommend BFG Edition. If you have never played Doom 3, but you love FPS games and multiplayer doesn't matter that much to you, I recommend BFG. If you loved Doom 1 and Doom 2, I recommend BFG. Love the game for what it is, and you won't be disappointed.
on July 8, 2016
Although this has DOOM on the cover, it is a sharp departure from every other DOOM game. Nonetheless, it is terrific, and it was great to relive it prior to the release of DOOM (2016). The environments were always rich, and the game still has the power to make me jump as some horrific monster jumps out of the dark. The story is interesting and engaging, and although you can infer a story from DOOM and DOOM 2, I always thought they could have used a little something.
on October 9, 2014
I got it for my dad for his birthday because he used to be obsessed with the original, he was BURSTING with excitement when he opened it as I had predicted and even though he's usually too busy for video games, he's made time to play it. HOWEVER, one of the times I caught him playing it I noticed what looked like a skip? I heard Dad go "Oh, gosh darnit" because he's old and Michigan like that and looked over to see the screen looked like it had frozen, but before I could ask him about it, it started up again. I don't know if it's skipping or if it's this individual game or the fact that it's been remastered from like ten years ago but I'd note it in a review just in case.
on August 23, 2013
This is a great game, I can still remember building a new computer just to get ready for this games release many a year ago. Don't expect this game to blow you away graphically anymore though, because that is not what its going to do. This is still an older game now, but if you never got the chance to play it on a pc when it was first released, its an absolute must in my opinion. A solid scary first person shooter where if your not paying attention and hunting down all the extra supplies you will miss every bullet you shoot out. Great for the price, and the added Doom 1 and Doom 2 really took me back to the old days. Absolutely a nostalgic blast to play games from that long ago all the way through again!
on September 21, 2017
One of my favorite games! 3 in 1. Good buy!
on April 30, 2017
Good game
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.