Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Doom 3 - BFG Edition
Format: Video Game|Change

on July 24, 2015
I remember playing the very first dos doom on pc. lots of great childhood memories there. played this title on my wifes' pc while ago and absolutely loved it. they of course remastered it, but only the controls, not the gameplay, least nothing that I am disappointed on. its stayed true to the original and even has both doom1&2 plus the resurrection as well as bonus mission. pretty good deal. and i must say on my vizio tv with optimal res set on my 360 at 1360x768 it looks amazing! will definitely be playing this for quite some time.
on July 22, 2015
A great port of doom with included doom 1 and 2 as well to play I your 360. With the new doom announced this was the right time to play these again and refresh my memory. It's also nice to be able to use the flashlight with any weapon any time you want in this game. The battery runs down quickly but recharges about as fast so if you use it sparingly it should always be available. This looks as good or better than when I played the original pc version as well as running at a higher resolution than my computer at the time as capable of. If you are a console only gamer now, this is the best version of doom 3 for you to play.
on January 2, 2015
To start i want to say that as a child i was a gamer. like HARDCORE. Doom had brought me hours upon hours of fun and it was all i talked about. Now to own them all on one disc is amazing. I played doom and doom two for years until doom 3 hit PC. I begged for it and got it one year for Christmas and couldn't stop playing it i beat it several times. Now being older and working a full time job i don't have a lot of time to game but when i do have spare time i pick up the xbox controller and play this amazing game. the graphics are amazing and the add on of ROE and a new one called the lost mission i can ONCE AGAIN enjoy doom doom 2 and doom 3 on my days off and in my spare time. I will also be able to share my game with my son/daughter and show them that dad is old lol. anyway amazing reboot amazing game and great for the person or people who enjoyed the demon killing and the badass shooting and light and horror effects of the games. HANDS DOWN BEST GAME ON THE XBOX 360
on February 23, 2014
This is a classic first person shooter, and luckily unlike the awful Fable remake this isn't a remade game, it's a solid port. Sadly however, it is similar to the Halo remake in that they left out the best part, the multiplayer. Doom 3 was always a single player game though so it didn't hurt much. It's exactly the same, except the weapon quick- switch is now useless and that hurts the game just a little, but there really isn't much bad here. The graphics are exactly the same so that's great because they still hold up.
on August 30, 2017
thought I was buying the original 360 version. Got the Xbox one version, and though it works on the 360 from a collector standpoint was not a good purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 23, 2013
This is a great game, I can still remember building a new computer just to get ready for this games release many a year ago. Don't expect this game to blow you away graphically anymore though, because that is not what its going to do. This is still an older game now, but if you never got the chance to play it on a pc when it was first released, its an absolute must in my opinion. A solid scary first person shooter where if your not paying attention and hunting down all the extra supplies you will miss every bullet you shoot out. Great for the price, and the added Doom 1 and Doom 2 really took me back to the old days. Absolutely a nostalgic blast to play games from that long ago all the way through again!
on November 15, 2012
The Doom 3 BFG edition is just a homage to the Doom series. If you don't want to go online and get everything one at a time and pay a lot of money or you can just have it all together on one disc. You can't find Doom 3 on xbox live so it's worth it. It's a solid first person shooter that really stuck out at the time when it first came out because it used lighting and horror to put you into the shoes as if you were really there. The graphics at the time were amazing but they revamped it for HD t.vs so you can crap your pants all over again. I know did.
What your getting:
Doom 3
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil
Doom 1 and Doom2
on May 2, 2013
Got my copy of Doom 3 BFG edition from Amazon around the holiday season. I have to say I have had a lot of fun with these games. If you loved the older doom games then you will obviously enjoy this seeing as how it's Doom 1,2 & 3 with all of the expansions. There are only 2 downsides to this game which is why I gave it a 4 star rating. The graphics for Doom 3 could have been MUCH better. With HD re-releases of games like Halo 1 coming out before this, looking absolutely fantastic, it was a bit of a let down to see the graphics not looking as good as they could have been. Though graphics aren't everything and I still have a blast with 3. My main problem is with Doom 2. In the Wolfenstein hidden levels they removed all the nazi symbols as to not to offend any one... which is BS because Doom has always been controversial and Call of Duty, one of the biggest selling games, plasters swastikas all over their games especially in "Nazi" zombies. An issue occurs when you play these levels co-op with some one who has the marketplace downloaded version of 2. You will both glitch out and won't be able to complete the game together. So I wouldn't advise doing that. Other than these issues, IT'S DOOM. If you liked Doom growing up or if you want to play a classic first person shooter, pick this one up .
on November 4, 2012
I played through Doom 3 back when it first came out, and I was a huge fan of the Doom series before that. I loved Doom 3, but I remember having to set it on the lowest display settings to be able to run it on my PC back then. Then I bought it for the original Xbox, and I wasn't hooked enough to play it all the way through.

Then BFG Edition came...

I was hesitant at first because I was thinking, "What could really be that different?" But I'm a sucker for these games, and the new Lost Mission sounded promising. So I bought it.

I have to say this is one of my better purchase decisions. The game has been optimized for console (I'm using Xbox 360), and it is BEAUTIFUL. I can tell that the developers released this edition to be everything they originally intended Doom 3 to be. I had no idea the lighting was so effective in the game. The controls are easy to use (Especially the flashlight anytime function, which if you're anything like me you'll shine that thing in every corner before you even think about feeling safe). I have not played through all the way yet, and I haven't even touched the expansions. Even so, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

If you remember loving this game at all back when it first came out, I recommend BFG Edition. If you have never played Doom 3, but you love FPS games and multiplayer doesn't matter that much to you, I recommend BFG. If you loved Doom 1 and Doom 2, I recommend BFG. Love the game for what it is, and you won't be disappointed.
on January 4, 2018
DOOM 3: BFG Edition features DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, both of which have been completely re-mastered. The package also includes hours of new content -- seven new levels entitled "The Lost Mission." Doom 3 is a very good game, probably better than you remember.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.