& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Optimized for Consoles: Doom 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PS3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game.
- Stunning 3D Visuals: Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece.
- The Lost Mission: Doom 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the Doom 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats.
- The Ultimate Collection: As a special bonus, Doom BFG Edition will also include the original Doom and Doom II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the First-Person Shooter (FPS) game genre. The collection includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the 'Lost Mission.' All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 for an even more terrifying FPS experience, and as the subtext to the edition's name suggests, all the content included feature guns and other weapons of substantial power and size.
The Story - Welcome Back to Hell
The ruins of an ancient Martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation, and the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) will stop at nothing to harness this world-altering technology. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough... until the invasion. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching earth.
Key Game Features
- Optimized for Consoles - DOOM 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game
- Stunning 3D Visuals - DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for Xbox 360, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece
- The Lost Mission - DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats
- The Ultimate Collection - As a special bonus, DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre
Optimized in stereoscopic 3D.
4 games plus the Lost Mission.
A range of BFG type weapons.
Frightening demonic enemies.
Top Customer Reviews
I'll briefly summarize the story: You play a marine sent to Mars for security and to find a missing scientist; unfortunately for you, a gateway to Hell is broken and the facility is overrunned by demons. It has cutscenes, and some chilling audio logs which are very well done and worth listening to.
First, the game still holds up. The graphics are even better than some modern games; obviously they can't compete with the best of this generation, but it can compete with some. The gameplay and framerate are mostly smooth, although the framerate drops briefly after an autosave or load screen. The gameplay is old-school and fun but it may not be for everyone. (I.e. No cover system, no regenerative health, no aiming down your sights) It wasn't a problem for me. Load screens are a little lengthy, by the way. The technical transition of Doom 3 was great, overall.
Doom 3 is a scary game. The intro when all hell breaks loose (literally) is amazing as you hear the chilling calls for help. Plenty of jump-out scares, as well. Even with the new mounted light, the game is still scary since the battery quickly depletes and doesn't completely light up the area. Since the monsters/demons spawn so quickly and randomly, you always have to look over your shoulder which adds to the tension. Conversely, since the monsters spawn so randomly and often, you're often involved in a lot of shooting which kills the atmosphere and tension at certain times.
Overall, I've really enjoyed Doom 3: BFG Edition; this is for the fans of story driven games with amazing atmosphere.Read more ›
I've purchased this for the Xbox 360 and I'm really glad I did. Back in the day when D3 came out I had a good gaming computer that I built, but D3 gave it a real run for it's money. The lighting was bugging out my system and I had to lower the detail to play. I was also frustrated by the infamous lack of a flashlight while aiming a gun issue...I know many "purists" deride this complaint as part of the game design when in fact, it was taken out due to technical limitations of the day. The game engine couldn't handle it.
Well now you get Doom 3, with a flashlight, and looking REALLY good on my Xbox. The graphics which were state of the art for PC in 2004, now look sweet on a modern console. These graphics are better than the original console version having been upgraded for BFG edition. I don't have a 3D setup, so I can't comment on that, but the remastered 5.1 sound is GREAT through my home theater system.
Also added was a checkpoint save system. Most of these "upgrades" have been around for awhile via PC mods and if you played Doom 3 on your PC back in the day, there is little new content. There is a brand new small expansion that looks to be a much faster pace than the drawn out main story line and the earlier expansion pack. Also included is Doom and Doom II
So, if you are like me, and you rage quit Doom 3 back in the day (I'm much better now, honest) and you have the ability to return to something you once threw away, I think this is a good but expensive buy, so maybe wait.
But if you never played Doom 3, this is the game that gave Dead Space it's ideas on horror, so you should really pick it up! It's a fantastic game and killing monsters is SO much fun with the "original" BFG...and now it's more flashlighty!
Doom 3 BFG for the 360 is not in that mold. It's effectively the old PC version running on your Xbox 360. There's no real improvement in graphics over a high-end PC of the time although the inclusion of surround sound is a nice touch. Therefore do expect some muddy textures in places and low poly characters. Since there's no real increase in graphics, given the extra power of the 360, it does mean the game easily runs at 60fps which is a nice smooth thing of beauty.
The game is, as you may remember, a series of corridors with monsters that either materialize out of thin air or spring out of cupboards and shout 'boo!'. Really that's all there is. Sure there's a couple of little puzzle bits where you drop barrels into a furnace or move bridges around, but basically it's a linear trot from one area to the next with bad guys surprising you. And really that's all it needs! I'm playing through on 'Marine' difficulty and am enjoying every minute of the nostalgia the game is pouring out.
Also included are all of the update level packs and of course the original Doom 1 and 2, albeit with the latter showing a sanitized version without the satanic imagery. The earlier Dooms play as they did without the ability to jump or look up or down and it still works fine. Sound on the originals, especially the music is a little subdued but it's still the same as it was.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Although this has DOOM on the cover, it is a sharp departure from every other DOOM game. Nonetheless, it is terrific, and it was great to relive it prior to the release of DOOM... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Michael
Played the entire series when it originally came out for PC. Doom I and II are just as I remember them. Doom 3 has better graphics than the original PC version.Published 1 month ago by Walter Thompson
This is a super fantastic great product at a great price. I'm very happy with it and glad I made the purchase. You will be too, so don't wait until they are all gone. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Brozinski