Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Optimized for Consoles: Doom 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PS3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game.
- Stunning 3D Visuals: Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece.
- The Lost Mission: Doom 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the Doom 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats.
- The Ultimate Collection: As a special bonus, Doom BFG Edition will also include the original Doom and Doom II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Doom 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first person shooter. Doom 3 BFG Edition will be available this Fall and features Doom 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, both of which have been re-mastered for the consoles. The package also includes hours of new content - seven new levels entitled 'The Lost Mission'. Doom 3 BFG Edition is slated for release for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC and PlayStation 3 - marking the first time any Doom game has ever been released for the PlayStation 3.
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the First-Person Shooter (FPS) game genre. The collection includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the 'Lost Mission.' All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 for an even more terrifying FPS experience, and as the subtext to the edition's name suggests, all the content included feature guns and other weapons of substantial power and size.
The Story - Welcome Back to Hell
The ruins of an ancient Martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation, and the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) will stop at nothing to harness this world-altering technology. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough... until the invasion. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching earth.
Key Game Features
- Optimized for Consoles - DOOM 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game
- Stunning 3D Visuals - DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for Xbox 360, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece
- The Lost Mission - DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats
- The Ultimate Collection - As a special bonus, DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre
Optimized in stereoscopic 3D.
4 games plus the Lost Mission.
A range of BFG type weapons.
Frightening demonic enemies.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'll briefly summarize the story: You play a marine sent to Mars for security and to find a missing scientist; unfortunately for you, a gateway to Hell is broken and the facility is overrunned by demons. It has cutscenes, and some chilling audio logs which are very well done and worth listening to.
First, the game still holds up. The graphics are even better than some modern games; obviously they can't compete with the best of this generation, but it can compete with some. The gameplay and framerate are mostly smooth, although the framerate drops briefly after an autosave or load screen. The gameplay is old-school and fun but it may not be for everyone. (I.e. No cover system, no regenerative health, no aiming down your sights) It wasn't a problem for me. Load screens are a little lengthy, by the way. The technical transition of Doom 3 was great, overall.
Doom 3 is a scary game. The intro when all hell breaks loose (literally) is amazing as you hear the chilling calls for help. Plenty of jump-out scares, as well. Even with the new mounted light, the game is still scary since the battery quickly depletes and doesn't completely light up the area. Since the monsters/demons spawn so quickly and randomly, you always have to look over your shoulder which adds to the tension. Conversely, since the monsters spawn so randomly and often, you're often involved in a lot of shooting which kills the atmosphere and tension at certain times.
Overall, I've really enjoyed Doom 3: BFG Edition; this is for the fans of story driven games with amazing atmosphere. If you haven't played Doom 3 yet, if you're a big fan of Doom, or if your just looking for something scary for the season, then I highly recommend this game. If you've been spoiled by modern shooters and just can't go back, then I'd recommend waiting for a price drop or sale.
I've completed the original Doom 3 campaign, the Resurrection of Evil campaign, and the Lost Mission. I did not find any significant technical issues, the campaigns are 100% playable. As for the multiplayer, the online community is not active (i.e. dead); I couldn't find any online games or players, so if you wanted to play online, this game is not for you.
Approximate Playtimes (based on saves before final boss fights) -
Doom 3: 9hrs
Resurrection of Evil: 3hrs 30 min
The Lost Mission: 2hrs
TOTAL: 14 hours and 30 minutes