Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 21, 2015
I'm starting up a nice little collection of these comic style steelbooks and my only complaint is the extremely limited library.

First, this is a Universal exclusive. Other companies make steelbooks, but the comic book cover style is exclusively Universal.
Second, Universal didn't release that many of their movies in this format. So your options are limited. Personally, I think this style is perfect for comic book movies (go figure) but also cult classics like Hot Fuzz or Blues Brothers. I think there's even a Big Lebowski one.

Other than that, the movie itself is great. I saw this when it first came out and, while it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it was still fun. You have to know what you're getting going into it though.

For starters, the whole movie isn't First Person like the game or many of the trailers, that's about a 3-4 minute scene. Second, it's not an epic blockbuster. It's just a fun, sci-fi shoot-em-up. And honestly, that's ok with me.

It's a lot better than most of the Rock's movies largely due to the fact that Karl Urban consumes much of the spotlight in this movie.

Closest comparisons I can think of would be Resident Evil (the first one) and Dredd (the action not the story)

Bottom line, if you're in the mood for a lazy afternoon watching space marines shooting aliens then this is your movie.
on March 12, 2017
Excellent movie good game base love the Steel Books
on April 1, 2015
As someone who grew up with the games (both PC and console), the movie was nothing like that. At all. But it was still a fun ride. I really did enjoy watching, though I do wish they'd delved more into why it was Reaper was to stay behind initially. Yes, I read the book. I know why. But to people watching the movie, they really have no clue.

Another cult classic. It's cheesy, it's uber violent, it's awesome. This is a perfect Saturday night movie because it's not gonna ruin the rest of your day. Love it. You know you want to
on June 13, 2011
I expected this set to be a typical blu-ray combo set (1 case, with 2 discs inside). That was a copy of the Doom DVD in its original case and another copy of the Doom blu-ray in its own case. If I had known this, I would have just purchased the Blu-ray and DVD separately, as they cost less than this "combo pack". Had to buy a separate 2-disc case on eBay so that this wouldn't waste space on my movie shelf. Bottom line-- If you want a combo pack, buy these separately because they're cheaper and the same thing you'll get if you purchase this.
on January 9, 2014
"Doom" is a very underrated game adapted movie. At 1st I thought the movie was ok at best, then after watching it again its not bad. It's certainly better than any of the uwe boll game films. Most of the movie does follow the doom game premise even though hollywood adds it's own twists!
on December 30, 2014
Hey as an x Navy FMF 4804 corpsman this is a Semper Fi. The Rock Rocks in this!
on September 26, 2016
I love the steel book version
on August 26, 2015
The movie needed more first person POV. At least we got a Doom movie starring "The Rock".
on March 13, 2015
I love the movie and had to get it for blue ray.
on July 30, 2013
Love this Movie!!! It has action, dark comedy and Dwayne the Rock Johnson... What's not to love!!! I would recommend this to friends..