Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Doors - Live in Europe 1968
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Filmed during their 1968 European tour, The Doors are captured in performances in London, Stockholm, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Paul Kantner and Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane, who shared the bill with The Doors on this tour, narrate this compilation.
1. Light My Fire
2. Love Me Two Times
3. Back Door Man
4. Spanish Caravan
5. Hello, I Love You
6. When the Music's Over
7. Unknown Soldier
8. Light My Fire (II)
9. Five To One
10. Alabama Song
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated NR (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.75 x 0.5 inches; 3.2 Ounces
- Item model number : P-20069
- Director : Ray Manzarek, John Densmore, Paul Justman
- Media Format : Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Full Screen, NTSC
- Run time : 58 minutes
- Release date : August 3, 2004
- Actors : Jim Morrison, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, John Densmore, Paul Kantner
- Producers : Danny Sugerman, Stephanie Bennett
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Unqualified (DTS ES 6.1), English (DTS 5.1)
- Studio : Eagle Rock Ent
- ASIN : B0002CTSXQ
- Writers : Danny Sugerman, Stephanie Bennett
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #53,534 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In a change of pace from having the surviving members of The Doors tell their story, which after 40 years can at times sound rote, the DVD is narrated by Grace Slick and Paul Kantner of the Jefferson Airplane. Slick and Kantner are able to tell the story of The Doors European tour from the unique position of being there. They're able not only to understand what Morrison was going through and experiencing as rock stars in the 60's, they're able to relate that experience to the viewer.
Most of the DVD is of The Doors in concert in England at The Roundhouse. You can't deny the power of The Doors performance. Morrison's lyrics and poems meld with The Doors music to create a theatrical experience that still has the power to draw you in.
THE DOORS, truly, were a PHENOM. Their IMAGE and MUSIC remains as strong now as it was 45 years ago. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this dvd for Doors fans.
A brilliant performer (it does not truly matter who controlled whom - whether the band controlled him or vice versa).
Jimmy was one-of-a-kind - never to be properly duplicated in any way, shape or form - though a "lotta-wanna-bes" still try!
I applaud the remaining members of "The Doors" to have never wanted to try and replace Jimmy!