Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 16, 2013
I taght elementary school for 39 years. I am a certified Reading Specialist. BeforeI retired,I taught first grade. I bought this app for my grandson. He enters kindergartenin the fall. I was amazed at how well this app presents letter recognition as well as teaching the correct phonetic pronunciation of each letter. it also has an excellent way of teaching children how to write the letters. in addition, they play a game where the child can see a picture of a word that begins with that sound. thatword is also written.
2 helpful votes
on February 4, 2014
I bought this for my 1 1/2 yo because she loves Dora and I couldn't find any free Dora apps . Maybe it would be good for older kids but after the intro you don't see Dora any more, you just trace letters with Tico's plane. It just makes her mad.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 25, 2013
I like it that it's teaching my son how to say each letter, but when he gets to the third or forth letter the app shuts off and restarts all the time. I don't know if it's cause we have a lot of different apps that is taking up the memory. I will store some of my games to Amazon Cloud to see if that works out. We shall see, I only had this app for two days. Been trying to make it work, it's not working out. Hmmm, I bought this because of a lot great review was on here, but we shall see if an anitvirus security will help out.
on March 23, 2013
Pro: She can practice her letters & letter sounds, and recognition.
Con: It starts at letter A each time which can leave a child to get bored faster.

Should allow the user to skip to certain letters (say for example if we're doing a letter of the day/week)
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on June 9, 2014
The game itself is engaging for my 2 year old. However, the fact that the game will not work/open unless his Kindle Fire HDX is connected to the internet makes the game a complete waste of money. The entire purpose of the purchase was to entertain my son while we are out and about.
on February 14, 2016
This is a great app and definitely helps the little ones with alphabet comprehension. I hardly ever pay for apps but I feel like this was worth the money!!
on April 7, 2014
This will be a perfect program for my 3 year old granddaughter who loves Dora. It also exposes her to another language which is important with the current kids out there. Good educational game for a 3 year old which they are chalanged with yet can have fun with.
on April 2, 2016
bought fore granddaughter and would not work once loaded to kindle she was greatly disappointed
on March 30, 2014
Every time I open the app it pops up with a message saying internal issue and that I may need to connect to a network. Only problem is I am connected to a network and all my other apps work. Never got this message before downloading this app. Very disappointed to pay $5 for an app that doesn't even open
on March 4, 2013
If you have a Dora lover in the house, this is the app to get. Going through each letter of the alphabet w/the sounds, tracing the letters, & then choosing pics that start w/the letter. Wonderful app for those just learning the letter sounds & how to write them. My 5 yr old enjoyed figuring out the shapes that go w/each letter while my 3yr old loves tracing the letters.
2 helpful votes