Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 5, 2016
I'm in my 20s, and wanted to be Dora the Explorer for Halloween. This bag was PERFECT. Everything just as advertised. The bag straps are also adjustable, and it fit me perfectly. I was also surprised at how sturdy the make of this bag was. It's so sturdy and the bag is deep enough for me to put wallets, keys, and even a small school folder into it. If you're like me and you're going to Halloween parties, this bag is perfect for holding your belongings as you jump from party to party. It literally acts as a bag, as well as a costume. I highly recommended this for kids, and for adults!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Bought for my Granddaughter's 3rd birthday - she LOVES it and takes it everywhere! There was no chemical odor to it (as a previous reviewer had stated) - it's roomy enough for her to put her plush 8" Bubble Puppy in, and the map makes her feel like a part of the story when watching Dora shows (or just pretending.) The map is permanently attached by a fabric cord inside the side-pocket, and seems sturdy. It's soft, seems durable, and even though she's extremely petite, it doesn't overshadow her frame. Shipping was super fast and the quality is good - especially considering the price! Very happy with this purchase!
on September 19, 2016
This fits my 2-year-old perfectly. She's a tall kid, so I would expect it to fit an average 3-year-old as well. My kid never takes this thing off. When she's watching Dora and they say, "Who do we ask for help when we need to know which way to go?" she says, "Map!" and then takes it off, pulls the map out of the side pocket, and unfolds it. It's adorable. I love that the map is attached inside the pocket with a stretchy rope so it doesn't get lost. So far we've had this bag for four or five months and though it's often filled with a variety of potato head parts, toy cars, blocks, and a stuffed Boots doll, it seems none the worse for wear.
on November 30, 2016
We gave this as a birthday present to my daughter. We put more dora related items in it. Needlessly to say she loved it. She has been taking this bag to preschool with her toys/ jacket in it. It is a perfect size for a preschooler. It won't take many toys in it since it is small. It is very soft. It comes with the map which is like a bonus toy. I've put this bag in the washing machine. It takes hot water and laundry detergent. Its shape/color has not changed after about 5 wash. I don't put it in dryer; because of the material it was made of, it dries of quickly by itself.
on February 5, 2015
My 2 year old was very excited to see this as a gift. She love to take map out and we will love the fact that he was attached so she couldn't lose him. Its a tough bag and durable she took that bag everywhere filled with all kind of things. It lasted about a year before one of the straps started to tear.
on November 4, 2015
Bought this for a Halloween costume and it set the outfit. We've had it several years now and it has seen its fair share of play. It is not in perfect condition (there is a rip across the flap where it opens) but there are no complaints. It definitely served its purpose and then some.
on September 11, 2014
So hard to find elsewhere! I spend a huge amount of time to find this particular backpack in any department store.
Our daughter had to have this particular one for pre-school - there was no way around it.
It gave her the extra level of confidence as Dora is prepared for every situation with her backpack.
She really felt that she would survive the first days of pre-school only with this backpack.
Overall, we're still quite happy with it and our daughter still uses it after 1/2 year.
She particularly likes the little map, great attention to detail!!

Only downside of this backpack is that the velcro is to weak or places at the wrong location, so the lid wouldn't stay where it's supposed to be and the backpack tends to stay open most of the time.
on April 24, 2016
Great fun for my granddaughter that loves adores Dora's backpack and signs the song several times a day while wearing the backpack with map.
Really very nice quality holding up very very well witn daily paly.
on March 8, 2016
This is SO CUTE!! It is larger than I expected. Plenty of room to put lots of toys in. It is very soft also. I have no complaints and it seems to be very well-made. Great bang for the buck.
on March 23, 2013
This is the second backpack I have purchased. The earlier version seemed more durable. I purchased the original several years ago for my now 12 year old daughter. I purchased this one for my 2 year old. I was so excited to find the same backpack as my little one loves Dora. The two things that have changed are: 1. a cheap lining has been added to the bag and 2. the map is not as thick or durable. I would prefer no lining as it is sure to tear or pull away along the seams after wear and tear of a two year old. I guess when the lining starts to separate I can just remove it from the bag.