- Age Range: 6 - 8 years
- Grade Level: 1 - 3
- Lexile Measure: 0560 (What's this?)
- Series: Dory Fantasmagory (Book 4)
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Dial Books (March 6, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735230463
- ISBN-13: 978-0735230460
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.6 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 31 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #82,581 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Dory Fantasmagory: Head in the Clouds Hardcover – March 6, 2018
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Praise for Dory Fantasmagory: Head in the Clouds
"Many series for fledgling readers feature mischievous girls and their grade-school exploits: Ramona Quimby, Junie B. Jones and Clementine, to name a few. Others, like the Magic Treehouse books, send children on fantasy adventures. Abby Hanlon’s marvelous Dory Fantasmagory series, featuring the plucky heroine Dory, also known as Rascal, combines the two . . . There is, as always, much to laugh over." —The New York Times
"The family dynamics are entirely believable, and both adult and child readers can appreciate the humor." —Kirkus Reviews
Praise for the Dory Fantasmagory series:
* "Charming, funny, true to life." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review of Dory Fantasmagory
* "Time spent with Dory is time well spent." —Publishers Weekly, starred review of Dory Fantasmagory
* “Readers will laugh at her entertaining antics.” —School Library Journal, starred review of Dory Fantasmagory
* "Hanlon’s hilarious narration and cartooning reveal an uncanny talent for getting into the mile-a-minute mind of a one-of-a-kind girl." —Publishers Weekly, starred review of Dory Fantasmagory: The Real True Friend
* “Well written, humorous, and engaging.” —School Library Journal, starred review of Dory Fantasmagory: The Real True Friend
"It’s genius." —Travis Jonker, 100 Scope Notes Blog review of Dory Fantasmagory: The Real True Friend
"Dory is as likable a kid heroine as I’ve encountered in a decade." —The Boston Globe on Dory Fantasmagory: The Real True Friend
"An especially wonderful book to share with reluctant readers . . . I can’t imagine a book more calculated to reinforce the power of reading and becoming a reader than Dory Dory Black Sheep. It is a true triumph." —Publishers Weekly ShelfTalker on Dory Fantasmagory: Dory Dory Black Sheep
"Hanlon has a winning way with the story’s characters (real and imaginary) and dialogue." —Booklist on Dory Fantasmagory: Dory Dory Black Sheep
About the Author
Abby Hanlon has taught creative writing and first grade in the New York City public school system. Inspired by her students' storytelling and drawings, Abby began to write her own stories for children, and taught herself to draw after not having drawn since childhood.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 31 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think that this is a great book because Dory is very silly. For example, she thought she had to go to school on a saturday. I also liked Dory's imagination. She imagined that there was a villain named Mrs. Gobble Gracker who stole the tooth fairy! I bet that if you read this book you would love it too. I am definitely going to read it again.
My reluctant reader grandson now rereads each book on his own! He loves drawing pictures of the crazy imaginary characters of Dory’s and talking about the books! He even created an artistic book project about one of the books (earned an A+)! FUN! DELIGHTFUL!