Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Do's and Don'ts
Format: Board book|Change

on July 11, 2017
My one year old loves this book. He will bring it to me for me to read. Todd Parr books are so easy for a liitle one to understand and holds their attention wonderfully. I highly recommend any of his books.
on February 3, 2013
A board book for tiny Todd Parr fans that has become a favorite for my toddler nephew. It's also frequently borrowed by his 4.5 year old sister. As with other Parr volumes this one is colorfully illustrated. As always the words he choose resonate uncannily with little ones. (How does he know that "underwear" is an inherently funny kids' word? Or that the idea of brushing teeth with peanut butter would be such a howl?) There's always something to learn in the Parr books and this one is no different. It reinforces the concepts of right and wrong behavior without ever preaching and -- best of all -- encourages kids to look to books for fun.
on December 16, 2010
Along with the 'that's not my x' these are some of the best first books around. Our son loves the simple high contrast images. This one is actually a little funny and our son loves to sit on the floor and flip through the pages.

Our son is a bit of a bruiser and the spine on these books have held up well.
on August 7, 2015
Out of Todd Parr's books this one is probably my least favorite. I feel like most of his books give positive messages, but this one is just silly (which is totally fine for a toddler book, but just not what I was expecting from this author).
The quality of the board book is great, and the right size for travelling.
on February 5, 2012
I am the mother of 4 year old twins who LOVE, did I say LOVE, all of Todd Parr's books. We owned a number of his books before I purchased this one on my Kindle Fire and my girls are tremendously happy to have a new way to read their Todd Parr books. I think Todd is an amzing children's author who focuses on all positive parts of life - family, relationships, good manners, being different, respecting the earth and most of all loving yourself just the way you are. And on top of it all his books are beautifully illustrated in a kid-like way. Really, the Todd Parr experience is a whole big ball of FUN!!
on July 17, 2008
For children, underwear is funny. I think many would find this book funny, too. The dos and don'ts are, of course, goofy (like "Do put your clean underwear away, but don't put it in the freezer"). It has big bright pictures to illustrate each do and don't. To get a giggle out of child, it is hard to go wrong with a book about underwear (just saying the word is sometimes enough). If your preschooler enjoys silly books, then DO buy this one, but DON'T be mad at me if your child does not like it (children are difficult to predict sometimes and who knows your child better than you?).
on November 15, 2016
Excellent book that my son quickly memorized and then loved to "read" to me. I love all of the Todd Parr books!
on July 14, 2014
The baby and I - both love it. It''s a little small in size, just as you see in the picture. Hence difficult to hold while reading to the baby. It, however has some good manners to be taught to our little ones. It's fun to read the book. I won't buy a similar one in size, but love Todd Parr's books nevertheless.
on February 22, 2014
Too simplistic for my seven year old. I don't understand why it doesn't let me continue reading it before writing this review.
on January 20, 2014
My neighbor (who's little boy I bought these books for) just told me her son used this book as an example to a pre-school mate who was acting up & reminded her why she should be thankful & that "maybe your mom can get you the Thankful Book so you know why it's important to be thankful." Pretty cool stuff.