Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 8, 2018
Works well shoots string for a single shotgun toy. My 5 year old loves this gun.
on July 7, 2017
The toy gun started tearing up all the darts and not shooting after one time use.
on October 5, 2010
I'm a really big kid at hart so when I was making my Halloween costume this year I wanted a shotgun to fit the look. Low and behold this Nerf-style shotgun. It's like they heard my dreams as a child. It's look and feel are right on the money, and the color makes sure no one will think it's anything but a big toy gun.

The darts travel a good distance. Don't let you kids (or adult friends that act like kids) got shooting someone up close as they can sting on bare flesh (as if I had to say that), but that's a good thing. It means there is some real power driving those darts out the barrel. The cocking/loading can intimidate some as my niece was worried she would break it but it clearly was made to take the strain from pulling it that tells you when to stop (a loud click in the breach). You can see what looks like a superfluous hammer in the breach at first bit is meant to warn you you've done your job cocking it.

I love the idea of the shells casings and wouldn't trade them in, but if I where to make one complaint it is that is should be able to fire the darts with/or without the shells. That way if your in the mood to load up the shells and start blasting away you can, but if your not in the mood to catch or find the shells after they eject you don't have to. It's a small complaint, but it is one. It's the same complaint I have for the Winchester rifle they also have (which I love too by the way). This is the only reason I wouldn't give it a Five Star rating.

Bottom Line: It is loads of fun and I would recommend it to anyone that is even slightly considering buying it.
on January 10, 2017
It's a fun crack barrel type cocking, and my kids love it. The ejecting shells entertain my 3 year old better than anything. The range is decent, and the foam darts stick amazing. Great product and definitely worth it.
on December 22, 2016
The shells ejecting after you fire are the most satisfying thing ever!
on May 9, 2017
My son loves this gun. He likes that it has a carry case for the extra bullets in the handle and he doesn't looses them.
on October 17, 2015
Worked well for awhile, then broke. Mediocre.
on December 15, 2016
Great gift, very well detailed as described!
on June 2, 2014
My son is very into these things and this one did not disappoint, he loves it, looking for the next one.
on May 11, 2011
First off, I'm not a Nerf/dart gun collector but I have owned Nerf in my youth. I bought this to have some fun at the workplace and because it was relatively cheap to whatever Nerf was selling and I liked the idea of a "long gun" versus a little pistol.

I am blown away at the engineering in this little toy. This toy has educational value because it emulates very heavily how a real firearm works. The darts are loaded into the orange shells and they are in turn loaded into each barrel. When you insert them, they are spring loaded so the next time you open the breech the shells pop out! First one might think the independent shells and darts are annoying but I find the realism to be unique to the experiences I recall in my youth with Nerf.

In terms of power, it's a spring loaded pneumatic dart gun. I'm not a collector but any object that I shot at, the darts would stick to if you expected them to (glass wall, mirror, bathroom tile, wall, door, etc). Some of the darts "broke" early, and what I mean by that is they leak air and they will be unshootable. To test this, put the dart in your mouth where the air would enter and blow. If air is coming out, break out the tape and plug the leak to get them shooting again in no time!

The way the gun is engineered, you can actually shoot one dart at a time if you press the trigger lightly. Almost like some real double barrel shotguns that instead have two triggers, one ahead of the other or side by side. Very cool!

The barrel construction is a bit weak, I don't know that it would survive any drops onto concrete, so be careful.

The best part of this is the possibility of modification. Take it apart and get a stronger spring. Modify the shells to propel the darts via combustion like a spud gun!

A very fun toy and I am considering getting the lever action for potential combustion modification and just plain old FUN!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.