Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Double Take: A Novel
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 9, 2014
I loved this book it has good lessons in it on how to be patience and friends with others even if they don't do things are way. I really enjoyed it and buy my books as Kindle versions. I purchase free from BUBbooks and lowers cost from Amazon as I read lots. Meldoy was a new choice for me but she is worth it.
on September 14, 2014
I enjoyed reading this book even though the premise of two strangers looking enough alike to fool their family and friends is extremely far-fetched. Amish fiction is not my favorite genre, so that may account for my lack of enthusiasm for this book as well. Fans of Amish literature might really like this one!
on September 10, 2014
Some times I wish I could swap places with some one else. Just for a week. Life gets so hectic.
The book kept my interest all the way to the end. I'm looking forward reeding another Melody Carlson book.
on September 9, 2014
I enjoyed the book of Two separate lives. and how God was there for each one of the girls to help guide them on their journey.This is good to give to someone that thinks their life is going wrong. a good Christian reading book for a teen also rate ing is high too
on August 13, 2014
a very good book for anyone (especially teenagers). Money and material things sometimes changes who we are on the inside. Anna thought living the life of an Englisher would be fun and interesting. She soon missed the simple life.
on May 5, 2013
Are you a fan or do you remember the tale of the Prince and Pauper ? The story where two boys meet who looked identical , both fed up with their lives decide to switch places only to discover at the end -what each were missing from their old lives and the surprise people got when their true identities were revealed ? I love that story, which probably is the reason I loved the movie The Parent Trap and the TV/Book series The Lying Game.

Christian author Melody Carlson decides to take that story and turn it into an The Amish and the Englischer with Double Take. We meet Madison - the Englischer who is fed up with her life and stressed and with spring break coming up sees the opportunity to disappear and Anna - an Amish girl , she justs wants to be free to live her life, away from the countless chores and looking after her siblings, she yearns for more. On a chance meeting, the two girls discover that they could pass as identical twins and with each wanting a taste of what's on the other side, they decide to switch places. Madison heads to life as an Amish as Anna and Anna heads to the City to be Madison. What will happen when they take a walk in each others shoes ? Will they find themselves falling for their newfound life or will they discover that they miss parts of their old lives ? What will happen when their true identities are discovered ?

Double Take was a fun, light-hearted story of what it is like to "literally" take a walk in another's shoes and another brillantly written book by Melody Carlson - one of my all-time favourite Christian Teen Authors.

#This was a brought paperback.
on August 6, 2014
I was looking for a story that I could with good conscience give my 13 and 14 year old nieces. The characters were likeable and the story line interesting. it is a coming of age story of two girls from different cultures, an Amish girl who secretly reads Christian romance novels and a a poor little rich girl whose chaotic life has become overwhelming, both discontent with the status quo. By meeting, discovering they are very similar in appearance and "trading lives" for one week, they grow to appreciate God's presence in their hearts, and the changes of heart brought about by immersion in another culture... The grass is not always greener on the other side...and things are not always what they seem.
on February 7, 2016
Two look-alikes (one English, one Amish) switch lives. That's what drew me in. I enjoyed how Anna saw the English world and how Madison, new to the Amish world, saw their world. Interesting young adult "switch" story
on April 6, 2014
Melody has great insights, after reading 6 or more of her books. This time it seems at first out of character as she depicts a spoiled rich girl meeting an Amish girl that looks very much like her. The Amish girl is hoping to find Jacob who left the hometown to see the sights and sounds of big city life. The spoiled rich Girl is trying to get away from a boyfriend and the two decide to switch roles for a week and trade lifestyles. The lessons she learned and we too can learn from this story is that life is not about things, wealth toys but from living for a week in a sparse environment not even hot water, she realizes what is really important in life is what is in our hearts and peace with God through faith in Christ.

Great little story
Thanks Melody
on August 2, 2013
Reading this book gave me a lot to think about on what is really important in our lives. I loved this book as it showed the important of having God and family in your life. I highly recommend this book.