Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Doug Setter
Doug Setter is an award winning author who draws on his background, education and vast life experience to write books that change his readers lives. His work as a crime reporter, UN peacekeeping soldier, paratrooper and kick-boxing title champion inspired "One Less Victim: a crime prevention manual." His background in nutrition and decades of fitness instruction experience along with overcoming his own injuries produced "Stomach Flattening." Wanting to enjoy alcohol without destroying his health created "Reduce Your Alcohol Craving" and "Simple Secrets to Handle Your Alcohol Better: Student's Edition. His first novel about crime and childhood bullying, “Selo” won first place Global eBook award for teen literature. When he is not writing, he spends his time training clients and enjoying the west coast.
Doug lives in Vancouver, Canada.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Doug Setter
As heard on: Audacy, BYU, HOT1037, KOGO600, WARM106.9, FM NEWS101, WCCO830, WCRN830, WMT600 and USA Radio shows and podcasts.
Written by a former marathon runner, paratrooper and personal trainer now in his 60's, Flat Gut After 50 offers you methods to having a strong, flat stomach for the rest of your life.
Forget starvation diets and joint-jarring, lengthy cardio routines that can accelerate aging and injury. Flat Gut After 50 teaches you five basic steps to easing back pain, strengthening the entire body, trimming your waistline and matching the strength and endurance of a person half your age.
In Flat Gut After 50 you will discover:
- The proven mathematical formula for a healthy and attractive body.
- How to adjust your posture for stronger and more appealing physique.
- Breathing techniques that take inches off your waistline and give you more energy
- Ways to reduce back pain, strengthen your lower back and protect it from injury
- Effective ways to boost your metabolism so you burn more calories
- How to change your mental programming to regain the strength and power of your early years.
- How to Keep up with your kids and grandchildren
- Prevent injuries
- Reduce medical bills
- Be strong, fit and confident in your golden years.
Order your copy of Flat Gut After 50 today or click the Look Inside feature to start reading the first chapter.
64 year old former soldier, martial artist and certified fitness trainer reveals the physical routines and mental tricks that can keep you fit, healthy and sane while in isolation and lockdown conditions.
- Reprogram your habits towards, health, fitness and productivity.
- Overcome loneliness, depression and procrastination.
- Improve your posture, strength and confidence in minutes a day.
- Use micro10 minute workouts for during and after the pandemic.
- Use belly-flattening, mood-boosting food and supplements that balance your hormonal system.
- How to find cheap and even FREE libido boosting herbs.
- Breath and stretch your way to a flatter stomach and kick-butt stamina.
- Detoxify your body without therapy, fasting or deprivation.
Flat Gut After COVID was written for the millions of previously active people who have sunk into lethargic and listless outlooks during the COVID lockdown. It is also during this lockdown that depression, overdoses and suicide rates have tripled in some areas.
Former soldier and United Nations peacekeeper, Sgt. (Ret'd) Doug Setter, BSc. shares his methods of how-to reprogram your mind and body to get stronger and healthier. These are the same methods that the author used during long months of isolation, fatigue and stress. On returning home and after several personal setbacks, he was able to regain his physical and mental health to be able to run full marathons, earn a Bachelor of Science degree and win a kick-boxing championship (at age 40). During the pandemic, the author applied the same principles to help other rebuild themselves physically and mentally.
Based on decades of fitness and health research and interviews with high-performing, active women.,
IT FEMME: AFTER 50: A Busy Woman’s Guide to a Strong, Attractive, Pain-Free Body will guide the reader through
• Mental reprogramming that helps push you past procrastination and whatever“ they” say.
• Correcting muscle imbalances that impede you.
• Power nutrition to boost your endurance, strength and cognitive abilities and reduce arthritic pain.
• Breathing methods that narrow your waistline.
• Detoxifying your body, mind and life.
• Achieving deep, restorative sleep.
“For years, I suffered arthritis and bursitis pain in my shoulder, back and hip. SinceI joined your class, my body healed, the pain went away and I no longer need medication. Mr. Setter, thank you so much for the freedom of working out without pain and being able to wear a size 3 dress again.” Cora Lindop, Vancouver, B.C.
“There used to be a straight line from my heels to my back. Now, I actually have abutt. Thanks Doug.” –Darlene McEvoy, Grandmother, University of Manitoba
Doug Setter is an award winning author, former U.N. Peacekeeper and personal trainer in his 60's. He is the author of Flat Gut After 50,Reduce Your Alcohol Craving, One Less Victim and the novel Selo. .
Would you like to learn how to:
1. Enjoy alcohol with less harmful side effects.
2. Rebuild and repair your health from years of alcohol damage?
3. Protect yourself from alcohol damage?
4. Minimize hangovers?
5. Learn how some people tolerate alcohol, while others become aggressive, giddy or sleepy?
6. Understand how genetics and medical conditions effect alcohol cravings.
7. Recognize if eating disorders encourage heavy drinking.
8. Minimize relapses in your drinking.
Esqueça as dietas de passar fome e as longas rotinas de cardio que podem acelerar o envelhecimento e as lesões. O livro Barriga Chapada Depois dos 50 ensina cinco passos básicos para aliviar a dor nas costas, fortalecer todo o corpo, afinar a cintura e combinar a força e a resistência de uma pessoa com metade da sua idade
No livro Barriga Chapada Depois dos 50 você vai descobrir:
- A relação cintura-quadril ideal para um corpo saudável e atraente
- Como ajustar sua postura para ter uma barriga mais definida em minutos
- Técnicas de respiração que tiram centímetros da sua cintura e lhe dão mais energia
- Maneiras de reduzir a dor nas costas, fortalecer a região lombar e protegê-la de lesões
- Maneiras eficazes de aumentar seu metabolismo para você queimar mais calorias
- Como mudar sua programação mental para recuperar a força e o poder de sua juventude
Escrito por um ex-campeão de kick-boxer (vencedor do cinturão aos 40 anos), maratonista e personal trainer agora na casa dos 60, o livro Barriga Chapada Depois dos 50 oferece métodos para ter uma barriga forte e definida pelo resto da vida para que você poder:
- Acompanhar seus filhos e netos
- Prevenir lesões
- Reduzir as contas com médicos
- Ficar mais forte, em forma e confiante em seus anos dourados
Encomende sua cópia do livro Barriga Chapada Depois dos 50 hoje ou clique no recurso Pré-leitura para começar a ler o primeiro capítulo
Conforme falado em: Audacy, BYU, HOT1037, KOGO600, WARM106.9, FM NEWS101, WCCO830, WCRN830, WMT600 e programas de rádio dos EUA.
A Long-Term Proven Method for Reducing Alcohol Craving
Learn how to lose the craving, but still enjoy your alcohol on special occasions, especially while in college.
This book will explain:
- Why some drinkers can play sports, get high marks and function at a high level
- How some people take years to build up tolerance to alcohol, while others are addicted almost immediately
- How wheat allergies and sugar can increase your alcohol craving
- Which medical conditions increase your desire to drink more
- If eating disorders encourage heavy drinking
- How industrial environments can influence alcohol use
- If menstrual cycles increase women's need to drink
- How to protect yourself against alcohol poisoning and hangovers
- How to repair and rebuild your health against years of drinking
- Which behaviourism techniques can change most habits, including drinking
- How family and work influence your drinking habits
- How to enjoy alcohol with less harmful effects
and most importantly
You will also understand why alcohol makes some people sleepy, some aggressive, some over-confident and still others high performing. Also, you will learn the differences between alcoholic and non-alcoholic metabolisms. Alcohol craving has less to do with will power and more with your physical self.
You don't have to claim that you have an alcohol addiction, attend embarrassing therapy, take expensive drugs or become a total teetotaler. Instead, you can enjoy drinking alcohol, suffer less hangovers and feel better all round.Download your copy today!