Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Down to a Sunless Sea: A Tiller Galloway Underwater Thriller
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 15, 2000
This being my first David Poyer novel, I truly did not know what the expect. I picked this book up because I am a fan of Benchley and Alten who both write thrillers about the deep. The first thing I found refreshing was that Poyer did not go to deep in past Tiller Galloway stories. You can pick this book up and not feel that you are missing anything.
The wonderful thing about this book about cave divers, is Poyer's ability to make you feel "closed in" almost out of breath, during the cave diving scenes. I enjoyed most of the characters including Galloway's son, and group of friends.
The ending is somewhat dissapointing. It is exciting, but it gets a little too far fetched at times. I do recommend this book, despite the ending and it's shortcomings.
on December 31, 2000
This was my fourth book by Poyer. I had been looking for another author after finishing everything from Clive Cussler. Although Tiller Galloway is no Dirk Pitt (from Cussler's books),I still find his character exciting.
I'm not a diver so I only assume that at least some of the details are accurate. Nevertheless, Poyer keeps you spellbound with his description of the various dive equipment and situations encountered while under water.
I used to think that being a professional diver was glamourous but after reading Poyer's accounts of the physical hardships encountered when working undersea I've gained a new appreciation for the individuals who dive for a living.
In summary, Poyer's books with the Tiller Galloway character are quite interesting.
on January 3, 2013
Really shows Poyer's extensive diving knowledge. Anybody that knows diving and especcially cave diving can appreciate this one. I love the Tiller Galloway novels. Some of Poyers other stuff doesnt do it for me, but the Tiller novels really have a great feel for the water and diving. Love them all.
on April 21, 1999
As a Florida cave diver myself, I can tell you this book is much more technically accurate than I ever expected (even though I bought it in a dive shop near Peacock Springs). If you ever considered cave diving this book may change your mind, at the very least it will make you reevaluate your decision. The diving sequences are taunt and frightening in thier realism. Even if you aren't a diver, this book is a very interesting look into a very dangerous and little understood sport. Aside from its technical accuracy the book is an entertaining adventure story made more interesting by it's flawed protagonist. If you like Clive Cussler you will probably enjoy this book.
on December 8, 1998
I just finished reading David Poyer's DOWN TO A SUNLESS SEA and it is no doubt the best book Poyer has written featuring his hard luck hero, Lyle "Tiller" Galloway. I'd even have to say it's the best book I've read this year!
After reading the previous "Tiller Thrillers" (Hatteras Blue, Bahamas Blue, and Louisiana Blue) I was eager to dive in and read "DOWN TO A SUNLESS SEA" and see if Tiller still had a knack for finding trouble. Poyer didn't disappoint me. This book is an excellent read for divers and non-divers alike! I sure hope that Galloway licks his wounds, and gets over the bends so he can make an appearance in another Tiller Thriller real soon!
on May 31, 2001
If your a Tiller Galloway fan this is a must have.If you are a cavern or cave diver even more so. The descriptions Poyer uses in this cave diving thriller are awesome.I've read all the Tiller Galloway novels and I feel this one is the best.As an active diver and a North Carolina native {Tiller's homestate} I highly recommend this book.
on July 7, 2001
As a Clive Cussler/ Dirk Pitt fan, I gladly welcome Tiller Galloway to my library. I couldn't put this book down (and donated it to the dive shop in Truk). This is a must read, action thriller. I am not a cave diver, so I can't judge how "hokie" some of it may be. Definitely a fun read!
StrongDiver
on February 19, 1998
Being a diver I picked this book up on a whim. It promptly consumed all my free time. Excellent dive scene descriptions will get even an accomplished diver's pulse up. Now I have to have the other Tiller Galloway books. Diver or not, BUY THIS ONE!
on January 7, 2000
First Poyer book I read and it was excellent. The cave diving parts were so realistic as to be frightening. I'm hooked! Excellent read for divers and/or cavers!
on November 12, 1996
Poyer's latest is a thriller about cave diving in the honeycombed caverns of the Florida aquifer.
The underwater scenes are so vivid, you feel the claustrophobia of a diver wedged
into rock a mile under the ground. Tiller Galoway, the main character, is an ex-con trying
hard to go straight. He's just flawed enough to be both interesting and believable. Poyer
throws in a corrupt land conservation group and a hot romance
but the graphic descriptions of this dangerous sport leave you short of breath, and with
bleeding knuckles. Diver or not, don't miss this one.