Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on September 27, 2012
Here I am again going against the grain. I'm going to try hard not to give anything away but still explain my low rating. I didn't like the cheating and dishonesty in this book. From the book description you know stuff happens between Olivia and Nash, her cousin's boyfriend. I just don't feel like we were given a good enough reason for the cheating. Olivia's friend even encourages her to go after Nash. The insta lust and the cousin being a witch with a capital B doesn't make it ok. I don't condone cheating but in the book "Thoughtless" I felt we were given an idea on how it could happen. The characters had the same immediate attraction as in this book but they also had a building friendship over a period of time that turned into something else. We didn't have that here.

(possible spoilers):
A huge secret is revealed that really ruined this book for me. It wasn't the secret that ruined it but one of the character's actions. His actions were deceitful and hurtful. It made the cheating way worse. I just don't know how people fall in love with these type of characters. (end possible spoiler)

Another thing that I found distasteful is Olivia had no idea which twin crawled into her bed for sex. She didn't care because she desired them both. She eventually finds out who it was. I don't mind love triangles especially when I'm having a hard time picking one over another. But if your going to have sex with one of them I think it might make it more meaningful to know who you are sleeping with. That's just me.

The writing was good and the sex scenes were hot. I just like my characters a little more honest.
3434 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2012
I have been so book depressed since I finished the Fifty shades of Grey trilogy, not finding anything to compare to the I-can't-put-this-damn-book-down feeling or way to similar, until now... You can't compare story lines but this is the best book I've read in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised by the twists in the story - a wee bit predictable but still a great story & characters that ooze chemistry. M. Leighton is very witty and some of the thoughts Olivia had made me laugh out loud! I recommend this book to all romantics. Well done, Ms Leighton! I look forward to your next book.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Down To You was a sexy and thrilling book. The romance was steamy and the plot was mysterious, which was a great combination that hooked me in. The love triangle between Olivia, Nash and Cash was definitely unique and held all kinds of twists and surprises that I didn't expect.

I really liked Olivia; she is smart and hardworking. However, she is a little naïve and lusting after your cousin's boyfriend is kind of shady, even if she is a total bitch. It probably should have bothered me more that she had her insides all bunched up for Nash but he wasn't exactly an innocent party and the way he flirted and came onto her definitely didn't help her behave. She was also conflicted by his twin brother, Cash and the lusty feelings she had for him too. They were so different but she was equally attracted to both and that worried her. Cash was the guy she didn't want to be attracted to but couldn't help it and Nash was the one that was unattainable but had every quality she wanted.

"He's the perfect blend of bad boy and successful, driven adult."

Cash and Nash; where do I begin? First, I have to be honest; I'm disappointed in the creativity of the names however I get that parents in real life actually do this kind of stuff so I'll let it slide. Cash is the bad boy club owner. He is a ladies man and the type to break a girl's heart. He doesn't hide his attraction to Olivia and he shows her what he wants from the very beginning. Their first meeting was hilarious and I was taken with him immediately. Nash, on the other hand, is the elegant, smart and sophisticated brother. He's the one to settle down and start a family. His first meeting with Olivia is a little less dramatic but equally awkward. He is a little less forward with his attraction for Olivia but considering his relationship with her cousin, it would make sense for him to be less obvious.

"He's everything I ever wanted and everthing I ever needed. All wrapped up in one gorgeous sexy package."

I'm not sure what I expected from this book really but I would have to say that they were exceeded. Love triangles make me all sorts of nervous and I am often hesitant about them because of it. I definitely wasn't expecting the outcome of this one but I was certainly pleased with the way it played out. It was completely unique and mysterious, which I liked. It lacked the tension that normally knots my stomach and it made it easy for me to root for one over the other. I was definitely more taken with one brother over the other and hoped Olivia would make the same choice. I won't tell you which brother I fancied so I don't spoil the ending. Aside from the love triangle, I also really liked the plot. There was mystery and suspense and I wondered a time or two what the brothers were up to. I could never have guessed the turn things would take or the outcome in the end and I loved that. I like being thrown for a loop every once and a while and an unpredictable plot.

Down to You was well written, flowed smoothly and drew me in from start to finish. It balanced romance, mystery and suspense perfectly and the sex scenes were steamy and unforgettable.
on January 14, 2014
"Her eyes are shifted downward, as if she'd like to watch me slide into her. When I don't move, her eyes return to mine in the mirror. I nod and see them shift to her own reflection. And then I thrust into her, hard and deep" (Cash and Olivia)

Oh what a love triangle... or is it? Olivia Townsend moves home to help her dad run his business, and in the process meets Cash and Nash Davenport. Nash, a successful, reliable, and taken by none other than Olivia's cousin and roommate. Cash is a dark and sexy bad boy who also happens to be Nash's identical twin brother.
Starting work at the club that Cash owns, was a responsible decision, with a car that's constantly breaking down it's closer to her apartment and has absolutely nothing to do with her attraction to Cash.
Taken or not, Nash feels an attraction to Olivia that he just can't explain, so much so that he will find any reason to be around her.
Olivia is torn between the 2 brother's, Knowing that Cash brings out her wild side where Nash is the more sensible choice, but are either of these mysterious men a forever kind of guy?

So similar but so different it's getting hard for Olivia to be able to tell who is who.

" Even as he speaks, his hands are skimming the outsides of my thighs, sliding under the band of my panties. He pauses. Maybe he's waiting for me to tell him to go. Maybe he's rethinking what he's about to do. I have no idea because I don't know who's in my bed. And at the moment I don't care. I want both Cash and Nash.They
both come with their own brand of trouble. Maybe not knowing which one I'm giving into will be a good thing."

This book is the first of 3 so far (i've been keeping my fingers crossed for more of this twisted triangle) and I have to say that M. Leighton certainly has a way with words. I devoured this book in hours. I just had to know who she was going to pick, and let me tell you was I ever SHOCKED! I finished the book feeling pretty good but the ending was still a .... To be continued kind of moment, and I of course bought the next 2 books in the series. By the end of book 3 even my husband was thanking Mrs. Leighton for writing the books ( and he didn't read them) if you know what I mean!
on July 19, 2013
Holy hotness! Twins! A sexy, fun and totally addictive read. One moment I was biting my nails in indecision, the next I was fanning myself at the irresistible temptation that is Nash and Cash!

4.5 stars.

"And most of the wreckage revolves around two guys. Two guys that, for totally different reasons, are tearing me up inside. Two guys I want. Two guys I can't have. Two guys I can't stop thinking about."

I've wanted to read this book for a long time, especially since I absolutely loved The Wild Ones, also by M.Leighton. This book had it all - seduction, angst, humor, love and hell, sexy twin brothers... what more do we need?! I inhaled the pages... it felt like I started the book one second and before I knew it, I was on the last page, totally captivated by the story and begging for more.

Olivia is an accounting student who is out one night with her friends when she meets tattooed bad boy and club owner Cash Davenport. "Cocky, sexy, charming. Untamed. Rebellious. Heartbreaker." He's everything she likes in a man... and just the type she needs to run from.

"He's the embodiment of the one thing in life I need like a hole in the head-another bad-body love interest."

And here, at this moment, when she meets him is one of the things I love best about M. Leighton. She totally makes me feel flushed and nervous, feeling everything our heroine is feeling when she meets the book's love interest. She is so skilled at bringing the words to life that I felt as if Cash Davenport was looking at me with his seductive dark eyes... GULP!

But I digress...

I loved their immediate chemistry. Her body is definitely responding to him. And their banter is so entertaining.

"I'm beneath no man!" she replies harshly. Then, with a mischievous quirk to her mouth, she adds, "At least not without dinner and a drink first."

Imagine her surprise when she runs into the same guy the next morning... but wait...he's not Cash, he's Nash! WHAT?! Yes, his identical, gorgeous and sophisticated good-boy twin brother who works at a prestigious law firm.

"Note to self: Do not expect coherent thought to be possible when staring at Nash. Motor skills may be impaired as well."

But of course, there's a problem. He's the boyfriend to her awful, rich b**ch snotty cousin, Marissa. Yup, just the kind of guy she should be going after and he's taken. Dammit!

When she starts working at Cash's club, the desire she feels for him continues to intensify, not eased by the fact he's made it clear that he wants her in his bed.

"I promise you won't regret it. I promise to make you feel things and enjoy things you never even thought of before. I'll make every night the best night of your life until you say it's over."

He's so charming, so persistent and it's so very hard to stay away...

"But you don't get social with your employees," I remind him quietly.
"I'd make an exception for you." His face is getting close and closer. Slowly. A centimeter at a time.
"But it's your rule."
"I'll break it for you," he whispers.
"No, don't do that," I say breathlessly.
"Fine, then you're fired," he says just as his lips meet mine."

Nash, on the other hand, is sweet, thoughtful and is just the kind of guy she needs. But she can't help what she feels. She's drawn to each for different reasons, but at the end of the day, she wants them both, heart and body.

"I feel like all of a sudden, my life is a train wreck. And most of the wreckage revolves around two guys. Two guys that, for totally different reasons, are tearing me up inside. Two guys I want. Two guys I can't have. Two guys I can't stop thinking about."

The love triangle is stressful (as all love triangles are for me) and I loved both Nash and Cash equally. I also loved that Olivia isn't a weak female character... although indecisive (but who wouldn't be), she's snappy, sassy and intelligent. A really surprising and unexpected plot twist left me reeling, but really happy. At the end we are left with a sorta cliffhanger... a to be continued or sorts, that left me wondering how the story would unfold, wanting more Davenport goodness immediately! (Lucky for me, book 2, Up to Me is already out!). There are bad guys in the mix and it seems book 2 will include an element of danger that is sure to get my heart racing.

Overall, I really loved Down to You. M. Leighton's writing is humorous, cheeky and smooth making it easy to devour this book in one, delicious, fun-filled sitting!
on March 2, 2013
I was surprised by how fast I got thru this book! I'm a pretty slow reader and after four hours I was over half way thru! Not to mention the fact that I didn't even realize four hours had past. I started the book shortly before my daughter announced she was ready for bed, I was getting tired too, but said I'll just read a little longer - then three hours later I was surprised to see I was at 60% on my kindle - until I saw the time! It book is quick to read and the point of view of the story rotates between Olivia, Cash, and Nash. I love books that do that, you usually know more than the characters themselves as you know what they are all thinking! And now for a little bit about the book to get you as hooked as I was...

Olivia is a college senior living with her snobby cousin (Marissa) working on a degree in accounting to return home and help her dad with the family business. While at her best friends bachelorette party she meets Cash. She thinks he is the stripper for the party and the bride to be convinces her to strip him. Who wouldn't want to strip him - he is very tall, has messy dark blonde hair, very dark eyes, wide shoulders, a narrow waist, and muscles showing thru his shirt. Olivia only has his shirt off when the real stripper shows up. Turns out he is actually the owner of Dual, the club where the bachelorette party is happening. Olivia is so embarrassed she has no idea what to do. Imagine her surprise when she finds him talking to Marissa in their kitchen the next morning - except he seems different. As it turns out Marissa is dating Nash, Cash's twin brother. She is confused at how attracted she is to both of them. Cash the bad boy motor cycle riding tattooed club owner. Nash the intern at a law firm, wouldn't hurt a fly, good guy with a beamer. They seems so different, but they both make her feel the same way. If she hadn't been burned by all the past bad boys she had fallen for the choice would be easy. The choice should be easy since Nash is taken, by her cousin no less. But she is still undecided. As the days pass she gets to know both of them better and is surprised one night when one of them shows up in her bedroom, problem is - she doesn't know which one it is. The light is only from the moon, she can't see if it is Cash with the awesome tattoo on his arm and pec. Very few words are exchanged so she is left not knowing and neither one give it away in the morning when she talks to them. Who did she sleep with? Who will she choose?

Check out this first book in the Bad Boys series, I have book 2 downloaded and I'm off to read it next!
on February 13, 2013
When I read a book with a love triangle I tend to easily pick a side. Sometimes though I will pick what I like from each person and combine them into my own hybrid of a man. In Down To You though, I was completely torn for a good chunk of the book on who to choose. Cash and Nash have some differences but also similar aspects as well. It was definitely hard to choose between the two. I can completely understand how Olivia was so torn.

Cash was just that all American bad boy and I wanted to devour him. He owned a nightclub and rode a motorcycle and I am sure looked great on it. Nash was the smart sensible guy that you could tell wanted out of his stuffy business clothes and have a little fun once and awhile. I just wanted a Cash/Nash sandwich. The Sex Scenes in Down To You were hot, delicious, and indescribable. You could feel the intensity and passion off the pages. I will never look at public bathrooms or four wheelers the same and that is a good thing.

I read Scandalicious Review on Down To You and have to agree with her thoughts on Olivia.

" "Olivia Townsend is nothing special" Really? I beg to differ. Olivia is beautiful, in an unassuming girl next door kind of way."- ScandaliciousReviews

I think we can all agree Olivia is not just some ordinary girl; she is definitely something more than "nothing special". I do wish Olivia was not settling in life. I can't tell if she is making herself happy or just trying to please others. Olivia works hard in life and is exceptional in everything she does. Marissa was so mean and vindictive towards her and I honestly think it was because she was jealous of Olivia. Olivia's friends were a hoot and it was crazy to see Ginger with a sex drive of a 20 something woman. Some of the things that came out of Ginger's mouth were hysterical. I hope to be as fiesty as her when I get older.

The big twist that came from this book has me still speechless. I saw this book going one way and being completely predictable. I was so wrong, Down To You decided to slap me in the face with this big curve ball. I still don't understand how I missed it when there were signs. I felt like Down To You had this perfect ending and then I read the epilogue. I was so confused about what was going on but it smells like trouble. I really don't want anything bad to happen but I have no idea how things will go. I am so glad I have Up To Me on my kindle because I need to know what happens next.
on January 15, 2013
Oh my, where to start......I guess the best place to start and to end is with Cash Davenport. Yes ladies, he is to die for and I am totally in love with him. This book starts out hot and crescendos into hottness of earth-shaking proportions by the time the book ends. Olivia Townsend is in college, studying accounting, with the plan of helping her dad with his business when she is done. She's never really considered anything else. She only knows she doesn't want to leave him or disappoint him the way her mother did. After her roommate leaves and due to financial reasons, she moves in with her cousin Marissa. Marrissa is spoiled and bratty, her family is very wealthy, and has a law firm, which Marissa is a part of. She's everything that Olivia is not, nor does she want to be. However, there is one thing Marissa has that Olivia is very envious of, and that is Nash Davenport. Yes, Nash Davenport is Cash Davenport's twin brother. Nash is everything that Cash isn't. He's on his way to become a successful lawyer and of course he is good looking (I mean he is Cash's twin). In fact, he is everything that Olivia "should" want in a guy, and boy does she wants him.

Cash Davenport is your ultimate hot bad boy. He owns a club, is mysterious, is a ladies man,and has a dark side........everything Olivia doesn't need, but yet everything that her heart desires. Thanks to Nash, Olivia gets a job as a bartender at Cash's club. The same club where she first met him, and oh the details of that meeting are mouthwatering. Olivia has a history with bad boys, and not a very good one, so she tries really hard to stay away from Cash.......EPIC fail. Cash wants Olivia as much as Olivia wants Cash, and when Cash wants something, he is bound and determined to get it. The more time Olivia spends with Cash, the more attracted to him she is, and she hopes beyond hope that maybe he isn't as bad for her as she thinks There is one problem. She really likes Nash to, and Nash really likes Olivia. Needless to say, Olivia has some things she needs to figure out. Just when it seems things can't get any more complicated, Leighton ups the ante and throws a twist in the story that will leave your reeling, and believe me that is exactly what happens to Olivia.

DOWN TO YOU is one of the sexiest books that I've read in the past year and I absolutely loved it. I liked Olivia's character, though I would never have fought the attraction to Cash as much as she did. I am a bad boy groupie, so I fell hard for Cash. OMG, he is the epitome of sexiness, and hotness personified. I read the book in one night, one late night, because I just couldn't put it down. I loved the story line. It gets intense as you go along, and the romance is off the charts sizzling hot. DOWN TO YOU is one contemporary romance you don't want to miss out on. It get's even better in the second book of the series, UP TO ME. If you haven't read DOWN TO YOU, hurry and get it ASAP, then you are in for a treat because UP TO ME is now available. Trust me, you haven't lived until you experience Cash Davenport.

Favorite Quotes from Down To You:

"You've never ridden a motorcycle before?"
"What kind of bad-boy girlfriend are you?" I ask in mock dismay.
"Evidently a terrible one."
I swing onto the bike and grab my only helmet. "Nah, you just haven't met the right bad-boy."

"I shouldn't have stayed as long as I did, but I wanted to hold her while she slept. I wanted her to know I wasn't going anywhere. That she was safe with me. In my arms."

"His eyes meet mine and one brow rises in that holy mother of hell-sexy way, then he mutters, "You've got one chance to make my mouth water."

"What the hell do you want from me?" "What are you trying to do to me?" "Stop! Just stop!" he spits.
"Why? What else needs to be said? I think you've told me enough lies for a lifetime." "No more lies," he says angrily. "I don't even want to talk to you anymore. I just want to hear you tell me that you don't feel anything for me. That you want me to leave you alone and never come back. Then I'll go. If that's what you really want, I'll go." "Don't. Please don't say it." "Why?" "Because I don't want you to. I need you to come back to me. Not to help me. Or to help my father. I'm done with that. I don't want your help. It all boils down to you. I just want you." "I just want you."
on October 20, 2012
Olivia Townsend has a plan. Her plan is to graduate from college and go back home to help her father run his business. Her plan does not include meeting two hot identical twins. While at a bachelorette party in a club, she mistook the owner of the club, Cash, for being the stripper and slowly began to undress him. And he let her. Embarrassed to find out he was not the stripper, she hoped to never see him again, even if this sexy guy made her pulse pound and her head spin. The next morning she walks into her kitchen and sees the same guy sitting there. However, after embarrassing herself again, she finds out he is Cash's identical twin brother, Nash. What's worse, she finds herself wildly attracted to not only Cash but to Nash as well. This is not part of her agenda. She does not need these two men distracting her from moving forward with her plans. But, to her dismay, she can't seem to stop thinking about either guy. Little did she know, the life she knows, is about to completely change.

Cash is the epitome of all bad boys - flirty, sexy, tattooed, rides a bad-ass motorcycle, and owns a club. He is everything Olivia is determined to stay away from since her past relationships with bad boys all ended badly. However, in desperate need to work closer to home and make more money, Cash hires her as a bartender at his club. Where Olivia has no choice but to see Cash. Often. Resisting the rebellious bad boy is becoming harder and harder with every moment she spends with him.

Nash is the opposite of Cash. He's the responsible twin on his way to becoming a successful lawyer. Olivia is attracted to not only his good looks but also to the idea that he is steady and dependable. Someone she can take home to daddy. But he's dating her cousin and roommate, Marissa. Not willing to chance the wrath from her bitchy, mean cousin, she decides it would be a good idea to stay away from Nash. Plus, it would be a bad idea for Nash to cheat on his boss' daughter. Unfortunately, the attraction between Nash and Olivia is unavoidable, and doing what is right is becoming harder the more time they spend together.

Olivia, Olivia, Olivia, I would love to be in your shoes. But to Olivia, this is confusing and frustrating. Her mind says Nash - if he was single. But her body and heart says Cash. How on earth did she get in this situation? She just wants to finish school and go home to help her father. My first thought when she realized she was not only attracted to both men, but she wants both of them was, "Try them both out and see which one is better in bed!" I know...I'm bad. What's even funnier, her friend Ginger gave her the same advice. See, I'm not alone in this logical thinking. It would be easy to judge Olivia for flirting and kissing both men, who are brothers, but she sees something in both of them that makes up the perfect guy she's always wanted. Nash is the good guy--dependable, successful, respectable and someone Olivia could rely on. But Cash, he is the bad boy--rebellious, cocky, and wickedly charming. And they are both incredibly gorgeous. They each have traits that Olivia is very attracted too. Who does she choose?

And, to top it off, the chemistry between Nash, Olivia, and Cash is unbelievably sexy. HOT. This book was seriously loaded with scorching hot sex scenes. My Kindle was on fire.

"His hands are hungry and urgent as he grabs me around the waist and turns to lay me on the bed. We undress each other as though we've never made love, as though this is the first time and we can't wait one more second to feel skin on skin.
When he enters me, my whole world collapses. It melts and covers us as he moves within me, like a perfect crystalline cocoon."

Not knowing who Olivia was going to choose, and the sexual tension that built up as the story progressed, was exciting. Titillating. There is one part of the story where I felt exasperated because I wanted to know so badly who Olivia was with. Okay, I admit, I rolled my eyes at this part. I would've at least turned on the light! I know this sounds vague but it's a great little scene in the book that will leave you baffled and frustrated because you don't know which twin was in this scene.

And yes, there is a shocking twist at the end that will make you do a double take. This changes everything. Readers don't go looking for spoilers or it will ruin the fun when the secret is finally revealed!

Down to You is funny, sexy, exciting and hard to put down. I was so engrossed in the story that I read it in one day. The ending was a bit of a cliffhanger but I just chalked that up to another part of the story. It didn't really bother me. Mostly it just made me excited to find out there will be a second book.
on November 28, 2012
A fun read that will have you drooling lusting, sweating over the bad boy, or maybe the good guy....

O.K. I'll be the first to admit it- I bought this book solely because of that YUMTASTIC cover! I mean is that not drool worthy or what? I have read M. Leighton's Madly Series, and already know I heart her books, so this was my first non-paranormal read from her, and let me say I will be reading more from this fantastic author.

Cash/Nash ~ Nash/Cash

Two HOT twins!!! One is the smart bad boy, one is the smart, nice guy!

Which would you choose????

Well for me it's always been about the bad boy, heck I even married one! Bad boys can be good, they just need to find the right girl, and that's exactly what Olivia is. She's the girl, that both Cash/Nash want! They find her appealing and although Nash is dating Olivia's cousin that doesn't stop him from wanting to be closer to Olivia.

Cash is the hot, bad boy, owner of a club, he sounds yummy and I couldn't get enough of him. He radiates heat. You know the type, as soon as they walk into the room your eyes meet and your heart starts racing and you start feeling really nervous around them, you get sweaty and you say to yourself "I bet he's HOT in bed".....

Nash, the successful "good guy"(think suits, fancy job, and romance) is with Olivia's bitchy cousin. Even though he's just as hot, as Cash(there twins!) I didn't connect with him as much as Cash, maybe it had to do with him being in a relationship. He does manage to take Olivia out, due to the fact that the bitchy cousin is away-he needs a date to go with him to a function. He's caring and makes her feel wanted, although she is hesitant of him because of her cousin, she does think that he is the best choice for her.

This book was filled with heat and sexual tension. M. Leighton throws in a HUGE monkey wrench in the plot, and although we get a sense of something else going on throughout the book, It still surprised me.
Why, Cash/Nash do the things they do, has alot to do with family, and even though it's CrAzY, I can totally see why it had to be done.

The ending was really good, as raw feelings are expressed and we feel for the characters. Who does Olivia choose, and does she even bother to choose one over the other...You'll have to read it to see. Let me just say this book is HOT, and the ending is a tbc and left me wanting to read the next book, to see what the ramifications are to being with her choice, and what or who is after her, now!