Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ProFlowers - 24 Count Red Two Dozen Red Roses w/Free Vase - Flowers
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on February 18, 2010
I ordered these flowers for my mother's birthday, 2/17, on 2/16 in the early afternoon Mountain time to be delivered the next day. I expected 24 red roses in a red vase to be delivered just like the picture leads one to believe.

The flowers never arrived on the 17th. When I contacted Pro-Flowers, they advised me that they did not receive the order until 10:39AM 2/17 and do not do same day delivery but the flowers would be delivered the next day. Ok, I can understand this. A day late is not acceptable but I can deal with it. Amazon must have had technical issues.

The flowers were delivered 2/18. There were only 12 with a white vase. Of the 12, 8 were tiny roses. Nothing at all like the picture which is displayed.

I spoke with Christine and explained the issue. She apparently had computer issues but could give me no information beyond the fact they were delivered because she had computer issues. She tried to transfer me to a supervisor, where I held for over 20 minutes and finally tried calling back. Spoke with Babbette, who pulled up the order. When I asked when the order was placed, she also placed me on hold for a few minutes. She came back and when I explained that the situation was not acceptable, she placed me on hold again for 5 minutes. At this point, she offered to replace them; however, the gift that I purchased to bring joy and a smile became nothing more than a headache. She blamed Amazon's system and beyond the fact that only 12 were delivered, they delivered on time.

I will pay the additional money next time and order from another company who can deliver on what they advertise.
55 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2010
Flowers arrived limp and dead. I had ordered Roses, but they sent me something else. I don't know what they are, because they are mostly dead. The first impression is the one that counts. The recipient was very disappointed and thought it was done on purpose to piss her off. No replacement flowers, refund, or resending the correct ones will undo the damage. Thanks ProFlowers.

First I only complained (did not ask for a refund out right) because I had one more day fordelivery. "Mike" assured me I would get them the following day in the morning, so I waited. I did not receive the order by 10AM so I called. They had no record of a replacement order and said they have over 200 employees with many "Mikes". When I requested same day delivery (because of my problem), they said they could not deliver the same day, even though they offer this service online. So now it is Friday and mother's day is on Sunday. I don't have any Roses with a refund that means nothing.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. I also have experience with 1800flowers, but they also made mistakes sending the wrong/dead flowers. To be fair, they only screwed up 1 time out of 7 orders. But that one time was enough for me to look like a cheap fool and go to ProFlowers, and now this! Walk to your local florist and have them deliver the old fashion way.
on November 10, 2011
I have never had a worse experience with delivered flowers.

It started out when placing the order... The previous times I ordered flowers through Amazon, I was given options to select the delivery date, as well as what to say on the card. This vendor had no such options. During the order process I was informed it would take 1 to 3 business days. Since I was ordering in advance, 1 to 3 days was enough. 3 days would be on-time, and one day would make my wife happy as she would get to enjoy them for the whole week...

4 days after placing the order, the tracking status shows that the delivery estimate was changed to 2 to 10 days. Worse, the tracking info indicated the shipper (fedex) was holding the order back, but I could go pick it up if I wanted. Keep in mind that I'm shipping it to an office building that gets fed-ex shipments daily. Apparently they shipped with a super-low-priority option allowing the shipper to delay the shipment.

Sure, I could go pick them up 35 miles away at the FedEx warehouse, and drive to the opposite side of town to deliver them myself... Of course the reason I ordered delivered flowers was because I wanted to pay someone else to deliver them for me. I wouldn't mail-order flowers that I can buy at the grocery store, if I planned to deliver them myself.

So here I sit, a week after I placed the order, wondering if they might be delivered soon... With amazon telling me that, for sure, they will be there by next week.

So what kind of condition will roses be in after a week and a half being tossed around in a cardboard box? And I paid for this?

There are 123 florists in this town, and they all are affiliated with 1 or more florist delivery networks. So getting flowers delivered fresh from a florist should never need to involve Fed-ex. But I guess I get what I paid for, if I wanted real service, I should have paid a real florist for real florist service (or do it myself).

I'm sure that my bad experience is partially because of my own high expectations from having used flower services for the last 20 years, always getting next day (or same day) delivery of my orders. The last time Amazon forced me into 2-day delivery expectations, which was ok as that was explained up-front and I got exactly that.

But this time I was promised 1-3 days before I was charged, then promised 2-10 days after it was too late to make a different choice. That is called bait and switch. Perhaps the delivery estimate provided by Amazon is not based on the original representation in the shopping card, but that wouldn't matter if the item had arrived on time. Perhaps it is all FedEx's fault... But that is what is being sold, so the delivery service is part of what is being sold... So even if the seller is blame-free for my poor experience, it is the sum of my experience
with the vendor AND the delivery service that counts toward my ability to enjoy my purchase.

I would suggest avoiding this vendor. Use vendors that are part of a reputable florist network.
on June 4, 2009
I try to buy this flowers for my mother .
The site says "order it in the next 4 minutes if you want to ensure the delivery by may 29."
It was two days earlier than the real date I was interested, but I go for it.
I place the order, and the next saturday (may 30) I write to them because the flowers does not show up, asking if they can't send it on sunday i should place an order with a diferent suplier...anyway the wrote to me the next monday: Your order was already cancel.
I wrote them again and tell them that, as they don't answer to me, I asume that they are actually sending the flowers and I have nothing, so please, send it anyway...
Thay reply: Your order was not delivery, and It will never be delivered.
So rude
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2011
this product seemed to be 24 roses from the picture and everything it was 12 of the most pitiful roses vie ever seen not worth it at all
on January 28, 2012
the flowers did not look like they did in the ad and they were completely dead the next day, waste of money that couldve been spent on a good present also were they supposed to come in a vsae because they didnt
on February 18, 2011
12+12 roses and a crystal squared vase.

I read the rest of the reviews and some of them were bad and other ones were good. I also checked other products from ProFlowers and they were actually a bit gray.

I was afraid of ordering this, but at the end i decided to do it.

Shipping: The package arrived on time.

Package: the flowers were nicely wrapped, and inside a box, it was actually an excellent package that protected the flowers and the vase very well.

Roses: there were 24 roses, very nice roses, good size, and color.

Duration: the flowers indeed last for 7 days in an excellent state, and they actually lasted for longer.

I recommend this product, and the starglazer lillies form Proflowers.

I didnt put 5 stars, cuz i was expecting the red nice vase from the pic.
on January 24, 2013
The roses arrived looking as if they had been stored in a freezer and then dethawed. They had brown spots and some were even prematurely wilting without even opening. After 24 hours they were almost all drooping and petals hanging loosely. We complained to the company and they sent another two dozen roses out. This set was admittedly better, but still not a good quality. In this batch only 2 arrived wilted and maybe 3 others had the spots the first set had. Very disappointing.
on January 2, 2012
I sent these flowers to my Mother for her birthday. They wilted in a day or two and the buds never opened.
on March 18, 2015
My husband is stationed overseas and ordered this on our amazon for me for Valentine's day. He was very disappointed to find it came in a clear rectangular base and never bloomed, only wilted for 3 days. I contacted customer service for him to get a replacement. They were very kind, apologized that it didn't last their "guaranteed 7 days" and offered to send me a replacement on my date of choice. The replacement arrived several days after my date of choice, during snowy weather, while I was away from home all day. The replacement came in the vase pictured this time. The stems were trimmed, the food packets applied...and it lasted 4 days, flowers didn't open. Also, it looked very spare when arranged in the vase.

See 1 answered question