Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 688 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 719 reviews
on January 1, 2013
I have bought 2 of these units and they worked fine for about a month, then died.
They won't warm up any more, even though the light is on.
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
Arrived super Fast.
Great price.....End of *Pro's*
The French terry cloth cover is White, Not a good idea. The cloth doesn't fit tightly on the heating pad, so it slides constantly.
Does Not heat evenly, Only the back section warms nicely . The sides, just hang there. It Smells like chemicals, That smell fads only slightly during use. It is Very Stiff when cold, the sides stay Stiff because they don't warm like the back section. I would Not recommend this heating pad. I'm sorry I purchased it.
on September 20, 2012
This product arrived today and even though I was warned about the heat seating, I purchased it anyway. The reviewers were correct. On my bare skin the hot setting was NOT hot enough. (And I am a 5'7'' female who weighs 100 lbs.) The neck part only covers the back area of the neck. It does not cover the side area where the trap muscles are, which mine get extremely tight. Also you have to lean against a pillow or lay down for the pad to properly heat your neck. It should have been designed to cover the sides of your neck with a velcro strap so that you can properly tighten and adhere it to the neck. It also should have had a snap or velcro on the front. Last complaint is that the quality is terrible. It is just poorly designed and poorly made. As a note, I do not normally take the time to write a negative review, but I know people reading the reviews are people like me who need a quality heating pad for our pain. So please save yourself the money and look elsewhere. I am returning mine tomorrow.
55 comments| 263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
Highly disappointed!! I have the Sunbeam pad but this pad seems much larger and being a man I thought it would give more coverage for my shoulders which it does. However, the neck flap on the one I received is not nearly as large as pictured. I have to pull the product all the way forward and keep tension for it to cover my neck at all. The picture is very misleading. Second the other comments I've read about lack of heat are on point. It's really too bad. I have a lot of shoulder and neck and upper back issues. This could be an awesome product. But needs more heat. Maybe I got a dud, but the neck flap definitely needs to be larger. Bummed out. I'll stick with the Sunbeam. 20 bucks cheaper and a much better product.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2012
This item is the perfect shape to cover the shoulders and back where most people carry most of their tension. However, with the control set on "High", it does not get hot enough to deliver deep penetrating moist heat. I would have rated it a "5" if the temperature was not an issue. The terry cloth cover is just about spa quality too. It's a shame. This company could have hit a home run with this product if they had used a decent heating element.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2016
I have spine issues in my neck that and back that can cause muscle spasms and nerve irritation. Sometimes I need some heat. Unless you go with moist heat, it's difficult to find something that works well on your neck.

Well, this one does a pretty good job. It covers from the back of your skull to your upper back, and wraps around your chest. It is very soothing when my neck is acting up. Temperature controls are intuitive and reliable.

One note I should add, if you have forward head posture like me, using this thing can be a little inconvenient. What I do is use it in bed; I get it into position and lie down on my back so it won't move.

Happy healing.
on November 8, 2016
I have a disorder called dystonia. My neck is always sore. I have tried every type of heat pack from rice ones to water and the square electric heat pads. This one works well has a removable cover for washing and it covers all the right areas I need. If this one ever fails over time it is worth the money to buy again as along as it lasts a few years but that is a waze out to see but I think it will it feels and looks like great quality!
on February 17, 2014
This is a costly heating pad. I gladly paid the price because the majority of the reviews were positive.

I used the heating pad every other day for thirty minutes a day on the highest heat setting for almost three months. For my needs, it heated up fast and stayed hot a long time. Then it broke. It just quit working.

Today, I looked into Amazon's return policy. The return window expired on January 30, 2014.

It is a shame that an expensive product would break after normal use. If I bought a cheap heating pad, I would not expect it to last long. High price = high expectations. Waste of money.

Now, I return to spending time reading reviews of other products...spending time evaluating...and spending more money. An inferior product has now led to a waste of time.
on March 27, 2017
Meh. This thing is going back. The neck thing at the back doesn't touch my neck unless I prop something behind me. The sides are too close to my neck and make me feel like I am choking. The shoulder parts don't warm my shoulders because it is too stiff and doesn't lay properly. The back part only reaches my rhomboids. I bought this over the sunbeam because I wanted the part on my neck like the picture shows- it shows it tight to the back of the neck and going as far as the earlobes. It doesn't even begin to come anywhere near my ears at all. I feel like I have to hold tension in my body in order to get the thing to be tight enough to actually warm my muscles. I will order the sunbeam instead.
on April 15, 2014
You will have to wash the cover and wipe the plastic down with a mixture of white vinegar and water before use. Even then, when you use this, you will spell the odor of hot plastic. The white cover is nice and soft, but it is cheap material, and it's not going to last. Since it is snow white, it will have to be laundered frequently, and it's a pain to get it off and on the device.