Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

• Customer Reviews

on October 12, 2012
What can't I say about Castille soap? About 4 or 5 months ago I decided to go simple with my cleansers and had always been perplexed by Dr Bronners...what in the world do you use it for? Well, today, I pretty much use it for everything but in my dishwasher Here is a little guidance from me and my daily life:

1. Laundry Detergent for ONE load:
1/4c Dr Bronners (I use peppermint for everything because you get it dirt cheap at Trader Joe's: $9.99 for 32oz--YES, $9.99)
1/8c white vinegar. Got a great tip from a friend and put it in a downy ballDowny Automatic Dispenser--it will release at the rinse cycle.
2 tbs Borax or Washing SodaChurch & Dwight Co 03020 Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda. I prefer Borax because I feel like it gets things cleaner.

2. Hand Soap:
Get a foaming soap dispenser. Just go to Target and get one there than you think is cute, use all that soap and begin to use it. Fill bottle 1/3 way with water first, then add Dr Bronners (I use Almond--peppermint is too tingly and I have a 2 yr old). I add some tea tree oil to make it anti bacterial.

3. Foaming body soap:
Ok, I ended up washing out one of my foaming mousse bottles and now I use that in the shower. I fill 1/3 water and 2/3 Dr Bronners (I use Almond...I made the mistake only once of using peppermint. Ouch--it burns).

4. Toilet cleaner:
I squirt peppermint Castile soap and clean out. It works fabulous.

5. Everyday household cleaner:
I fill a spray bottle mostly with water and add some peppermint Castile soap and tea tree oil for antibacterial. Too much soap and you have a residue. Start with 3/4 water and 1/4 Castile and see where that gets you.

6. Cats:
I have a real jerk of a cat that seems to think the best way to express his displeasure is to pee in the kitchen. Nothing stinks worse than cat pee. I use full strength PEPPERMINT Castile soap and it completely eliminates odors, better than anything I used before I discovered Castile soap.

Really, the flavor depends on what you like...and since I work near a Trader Joe's with super cheap peppermint Castile, my cleaning routine is 95% peppermint, except when it comes to anything body related *more flashbacks to shower incident*.
77 comments| 600 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 30, 2015
I like the Dr. Bronner stuff. Our son started using this and we picked it up. Started with the peppermint (pretty strong scent), then went to the lavender (not bad, but I'm a guy and we can't use lavender anything), now using the eucalyptis. Stuff works great in small quantities (doesn't take much to make a lot of bubbles). A quart should last me at least a year, probably longer.

One minor note - I have a 2 oz. squeeze bottle with the pop-up tube next to my sink. The Dr. Bronner soap tends to harden in the tube, so if you use it like this you sometimes have to rinse out the tube. I try to remember to blow some air through the tube after each use (hold the bottle upright and give a small squeeze). I have a similar but lesser problem in the fluid dispenser in our shower, but that clears with a quick pump.

I travel with 3 ounces of this in a Goo Tube, which works nicely. Goo tubes don't work particularly well with runny liquids, so you sometimes get a bit more than you expect. If you are careful, the Goo Tube is an adequate dispenser for this.
on September 12, 2015
Wonderful soap. Bought this after going to a spa and being intoxicated by the sensation of steam with the scent of eucalyptus. This soap has a very strong and natural (doesn't smell like bad perfume) scent to it. The soap itself also works very well and is highly concentrated. I'm sure this bottle will last over a year as just a drop lathers up great.
on July 1, 2017
This is so great!! It leaves your skin squeaky clean, smelling great an even cools it with the peppermint in it.

I didn't necessarily feel "moisturized" afterward. But living in a hot or cold climate can redefine what moisturizing is.

I've been using this for years and continue to do so.
on March 22, 2009
Since learning about Dr. Bronner's soap in 1983, I've gradually eliminated every other cleaning product from our home. It's the most economical, safe, great smelling (we prefer the eucalyptus) product ever invented. We use it to clean EVERYTHING. Kitchen, bathroom, floors. I use it in my HE front loading washer. One 32 oz. bottle lasts for months because it is so concentrated and a tiny, tiny bit goes such a long way. Our house always smells so good. I even started washing the dogs with it (BE SURE TO DILUTE!!!!!!!) Back in 1983 when we were white water raft guides is how I learned about it, the national park where we took some canoe trips only allowed Dr. Bronners to be used to wash with in the lake as it so pure and causes no damage. Totally safe around babies. We save a fortune now in cleaning products and laundry soap and dish soap that is no longer needed. If you are looking to save money for your family and have a healthy home, this is the way to go. There are articles in the thousands you can find online to read about Dr. Bronners soap. At first you will want to think you need to use more than you need but you really only need the smallest amount. I only use one teaspoon diluted in about 1/2 cup of warm water to wash a fully packed largest load my huge washer will hold. Same for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, just one teaspoon diluted in a small bucket of hot water cleans the whole room. No more toxic cleaner smells in our house!!!!
on October 8, 2016
This is one product I can't live without I love the smell and with the hot summers down here in Florida I love the way I tingle when I get out of the shower it makes the evening much more and lightning I've never been able to read the whole bottle LOL but I love the scent and it works great even my kids are very much hooked on it.
on March 12, 2016
Being in the cleaning service business, this is one of my favorite cleaning products. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way. The soap leaves a pleasant, not over powering scent. The cleaning properties are superb.Use a tiny bit straight on a cloth for bathtub cleaning or a few drops in the toilet. Dr. Bronner's is also super gentle on the hands and the environment.
on October 2, 2017
I'm surprised this didn't work for me in any capacity..I used it a lot of times to give it a fair chance.. all it did was dry out my skin and I couldn't use it in my hair at all...when i did use it the first time my hair was a tangled mess...oh and I broke out all over my skin and scalp....
Update: I decided to use it as a cleaning solution for my bathroom and kitchen..it worked great!
on January 26, 2018
We use this soap everyday my husband doesn’t use anything else and he uses it for everything it’s been great! Smells great cleans good only takes a bit my biggest suggestion is to buy a foam soap pump!
on April 17, 2017
I've used Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap as a body wash for over two years, in various essences. The Hemp Eucalyptus has a refreshing and woodsy scent that is true to nature. Imagine showering with a eucalyptus branch in hand. If that's not what you're looking for, than this is not the product for you. We have a woodland themed guest bath, so this 16 oz bottle was the perfect choice to make the space feel complete. These 2-in-1 soaps can be diluted and used as household cleaners (instructions on bottle), but I have never ventured to try them in that manner.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse