Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 368 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 406 reviews
on May 30, 2013
This product is a must have. We are a family who has become enlightened to all of the chemicals in our lives. We chose to give up the chemicals and experimented with a few products. This product is OUR FAVORITE. We use it for shampoo, body wash, hand soap, most house hold cleaners (great mixed with vinegar and fresh squeezed lemon), leather cleaning, detailing the car, dish soap, and carpet cleaner.

It has a great lather for everything. I would say that you have to get used to the texture of your hair when using it as a shampoo. It cleans really well but your hair will not feel slick like with other chemical filled shampoos. I use coconut oil BEFORE washing and then wash 2 times and I love the way my hair is after words. I do not blow dry so it gives it a wonderful soft natural look.

Skin care is great with this product. We have sensitive skin in this house.. later found out that we just couldn't tolerate the chemicals in other products. It washes off great and leaves the right amount of natural oils on the skin. No tightness or drying effects like usual products. (We also use coconut oil as lotion nothing else.)

A little bit goes a LOONNNNG way with this product. The price is well worth it because you can do SO much with it. I have had this bottle for almost a month and have barely even used an inch (from the top of the bottle) and have made 1 bottle of dish soap, 2 bottles of cleaner, 3 weeks worth of showers (we take daily showers), and detailed our cars, cleaned the carpets, well you get the idea. It goes a LONG LONG way.

Lastly, I will mention that it smells GREAT and is good for the environment. What's not to like about it??? Try it, and you will love it to. (especially, if you are a naturally minded, ecofriendly, free spirit)
on October 21, 2016
All natural! No obnoxious fragrances! Doesn't dry out your skin! Cleans surprisingly better than most other soaps, and I'm mean for blue collar stuff like automotive grime. Great for people with multiple chemical sensitivity or fragrance allergies. Be sure to pick up a foaming pump dispenser. It will clog a traditional dispenser because it doesn't contain any anti-coagulant chemicals :) I especially like the almond. It's subtle and pleasant. Not that it matters that much, the scent doesn't stay on you. It washes away with the soap like it's supposed to ;) I wish this was the soap found in public restrooms. Actually, most public bathrooms aren't as bad with the fragrances. It's the private bathrooms that are the worst, when you are FORCED to use soaps that make you hands smell LONG after you wash them. I hate that! Anywhoo, I love this soap! I love the company behind it too. Be sure to check out the work the company does lobbying against the DARK act (Denying Americans the Right to Know) and to help Fair Trade amongst other things. I hope this review helps sell a lot of soap. Enough to get my local grocer to carry it ;) Maybe even enough to drive the price down a little. It is a little pricey, but worth every penny.
on April 19, 2017
Cleans almost everything on spaceship earth!

What's not to love about Dr. Bronner's magic castile soap? It's vegan, fair-trade, biodegradable, and organic. I should say, "Most of all it works!", but I'm admittedly one who is all about the smell-goods; I love the way these soaps smell. Also, It doesn't contain any of those harsh and drying foaming agents. It's concentrated and must be diluted (this stuff will burn your pee-hole and eyeballs, seriously). Dilute! Dilute! OK! A little goes a long way; you'll absolutely get your money's worth. There's a laundry list of uses for Dr. Bronner's and I'm always on the look out for new ideas that may benefit me and my family. Saying it's a multipurpose soap is an understatement. From armpits to dishes, I've been using this brand for over twenty years. Here's a list (I love lists and will find any excuse to make one) of my favorite uses.

Shampoo
Body wash
Two or three "squirts" in the bath (the bottle is nice reading material)
Shaving
Toothpaste. Peppermint of course. (only in a serious pinch. It's gross, but it works)
General purpose household cleaner
Laundry soap (again, in a pinch)
Soft scrub
Dish soap
Foaming hand soap
Houseplant pesticide (peppermint - this totally works!)
Pet shampoo
I even wash my car with it!
Perfect for travel - it's concentrated
Perfect for camping - it's biodegradable

My favorite scents are almond, peppermint and rose; they smell delicious. My husband likes it when I buy the unscented and add a blend of eucalyptus and peppermint oil.
If you've never tried castile soap you really should give it a go. You'll only miss your traditional thick lather at first, but soon realize it's a grandeur you can easily live without. Castile soap does lather, just not like mainstream soaps containing additives and surfactants. Dr. Bronner's really sells itself. It's a natural, wonderful, high quality castile soap. At the very least, the incredible scents will make a fan of you.

We're All-One or None! *giggles* I love it!
review image
on December 27, 2015
I am a huge fan of Dr Bronner's! There are so many uses for it and it lasts me for quite awhile. I have been trying to explore the different scents that Dr Bronner's has which can be scary considering the price. I don't like paying for something that I don't enjoy the scent of. After reading reviews on the Almond scent, I decided to give it a try. And I love the scent! IT smells exactly like Almond extract for those who wonder what it smells like. I use Dr Bronners to make my own foaming hand soap and my 4 year old son, said that the soap smelled GREAT! This is a huge compliment from a 4 year old boy who thinks vegetables smell gross. This Dr Bronner's will go on my list of loves!
on January 27, 2015
My daughter started using Dr. Bronner's almond soap for my granddaughter who has eczema. She was happy with it and I liked the idea of the natural ingredients so I purchased a bottle about a month ago. I love the stuff. I use it in the shower and also filled a small pump bottle that I leave in the kitchen to wash my hands throughout the day. Love the smell of the soap, A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, it lathers great, rinses well, and it leaves my skin feeling clean without drying. I buy a lot from Amazon and do leave reviews on items I feel inclined to comment on. I wanted to comment on this product in particular because I almost did not buy it because of the negative reviews. My experience with it has been entirely positive, so if you are on the fence like I was then I would offer that if you can afford it, it is worth the try.
on March 19, 2017
Absolutely love the smell of this almond scented soap! I use this in the shower and for shaving my legs - smells good enough to eat. I also use this to clean my nice makeup brushes and sponges. Very gentle, keeps them soft and clean but there is never any lingering scent on the brushes when I'm done. I just put a little soap in a cup with water and swirl the brushes around, it does an excellent job removing any makeup residue that's stuck on them.

This is my fourth large bottle and I will continue to purchase!
on March 20, 2016
One of the best, if not the best organic liquid soap in the market. It easily foams, with a small amount going a very long way. It readily and easily rinses leaving no soap residue or film on the skin after a bath or shower. It leaves you instead with this thorough and deep feeling of cleanliness, freshness and rejuvenation. Definitely worth its price. Since I discovered it a few years back, in one of my local Health Food Stores, I practically use it exclusively either as a hand soap or to washing the entire body. Keeps skin nicely hydrated and the fragrances it comes in are not offensive like many other bar or liquids soaps out there, but rather soft, unobtrusive aromas. You'll love it, give it a try...
on August 24, 2016
I love Dr. Bronner's castile soaps. My favorite scents are peppermint and cherry blossom. I use it for cleaning, bathing, anything that requires soap. This soap can cleans grime off the walls with a sponge well. The peppermint is great for kitchen and dishes because it leaves everything smelling fresh. Also, mint helps deter pests. Note: this soap is very concentrated. For regular use, you want to dilute it with water. Instructions are on the bottle.
on September 21, 2014
I am from the generation when every college student had Dr Bronner's in their shower and we all smelled like peppermint soap. The peppermint soap is wonderful in the heat of the summer because it cools you down after a shower. After all these years (36 yrs of peppermint) I decided to try the almond and rose soap. The almond is heaven. The rose is nice and mild. You just can't go wrong with Dr Bronner's. It has never changed and it is the best. You can use it for everything and if you need something to read while on the throne, the label is always entertaining.
on May 7, 2015
This is my favorite skin soap. It is organic, contains no petroleum products or other chemicals which damage hair or body. It takes off the dead, dry skin and leaves your skin glowing. I use it also as a shampoo, leaving in on my hair for a few minutes to absorb better. It leaves my dry hair manageable without requiring additional products to control it. The bottle is large, the price is small.

One caveat: I am old (86), and the skin on my arms is thin. If I use it on my arms, they start to itch and little red marks appear as the dead skin is removed. But unless, like me, you are old, that should not be problematic for you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.