Dr. Catsby's Food Bowl for Whisker Relief
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Material||High Quality Stainless Steel With Non Skid Silicone Mat|
|Special Feature||High Quality Stainless Steel With Non Skid Silicone Mat|
About this item
- ORIGINAL WIDE DISH: Shallow design means food doesn't get stuck and prevents overfeeding. Patented design prevents whisker fatigue for stress free meals.
- SAFER FOR PETS: More hygienic than plastic. Non toxic and non allergic. Will not absorb bacteria and may prevent feline acne.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Kitchen grade stainless steel is durable and easy to clean. It won't hold onto smells. Dishwasher safe. Comes with a food grade silicone non-slip mat to prevent sliding on the floor.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Our bowls are backed by Dr Catsby's promise: If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please contact us for a replacement or refund. We're a small, American owned business committed to you and your pet's happiness!
- New York Times: "...the winning bowl..."
Customer ratings by feature
Dr.Catsby's food bowl for cats
Does your cat suffer from whisker fatigue?
Does your cat display behaviors such as leaving food behind, not finishing his meal, loss of interests in food, or pawing food out of the bowl to eat on the floor? If so, he/she might be suffering from Whisker Fatigue. Sometimes these eating related problems even manifest themselves as aggression towards other pets or furniture.
The original whisker fatigue prevention
A cat's whiskers are ultra sensitive. When they are forced against the sidewalls of a traditional feeding bowl, it can cause discomfort and even pain. Dr. Catsby's food bowl is a wide and shallow dish, with no sidewalls and corners. Cats don't have to pull back their whiskers to avoid agonizing contacts, creating a much more enjoyable dining experience. Many of our customers reported improved eating habits from their cats. Check out what our customers have to say in reviews and comments
Stress free eating
Relaxed whiskers make a happier cat. Dr. Catsby's food bowl is a wide and shallow dish, with no sidewalls and corners. Cats don't have to pull back their whiskers to avoid unwanted or agonizing contacts, creating a much more enjoyable dining experience. The dish shape also keeps food in the center (in most cases) and is sized to hold one day's ideal portion to prevent over feeding.
Does your cat suffer from acne on the chin that won't go away? Maybe the cause is in the bowl. You see, with a traditional deeper feeding bowl, it's easy for him/her to rub the chip on the bowl and food. An unclean chin makes it easier for acne to develop. Dr. Catsby's shallow wide dish design can keep the chin clean during eating. This surprise benefit was observed by several of our customers' and our own cats.
Not all materials are created equals. We use food-grade premium stainless steel because that is what we use for ourselves, period. Cheaper materials like plastics are porous, which can cause bacteria growth and risk acne for your cats. Plastics also pose multiple severe health risks as food containers. They also cause negative environmental effects. PLEASE SAY NO TO PLASTICS when it comes to feeding your cats!
Detachable anti skid silicone base
We use a food grade silicone base to hold the bowl in place. This also marks out a feeding territory for your cat. It is detachable for easy cleaning.
Food-grade premium stainless steel is not only durable and good looking, but is also easy to clean and maintain. Just throw it into the dishwasher or rinse regularly with warm water. (Please rinse it thoroughly before the first use)
How to choose?
There are many options on the market that claim the same benefit. How do you choose? Dr. Catsby is the first to bring an awareness and a solution to this issue in 2015, Since then, we are happy to see our cause gaining traction. Unfortunately our design and marketing approach have inspired quite a few copycats with cheaper materials and qualities. However, we believe when it comes to originality, quality and care, there are no substitutes. Your cats deserve only the best.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 7.25 x 7.25 x 1.25 inches; 14.08 Ounces
- Item model number : 001
- Date First Available : November 24, 2015
- Manufacturer : Dr. Catsby
- ASIN : B017DUKHKM
- Customer Reviews:
Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
NOTE: I've been using this bowl for 5 days now, with wet cat food. The wet cat food styles I've had in it are stew and pate.
- Both pieces are dishwasher-safe (hard REQUIREMENT for me).
- Both pieces hand-wash easily.
- Silicone pad has a dual function as a bowl cover, so there's no need to put leftovers from a meal back into the can (I LOVE this feature).
- Bowl looks "modern" (clean design, stainless steel) - If you give a sh*t about that kind of thing :)
- Seems a bit pricey.
- Can't put the bowl in the microwave. (My cats seem to be less interested/enticed by cat food coming straight out of the fridge. So, after giving this a few more days of experimenting, I might end up having to put leftovers back in the can, after all, which would defeat the purpose of having the silicone cover...)
- Silicone cover tends to collect fuzz/dust (albeit a small amount). I think some of this "fuzz transfer" happens during a paper towel dryoff after handwashing in sink. I imagine this problem could be resolved by manufacturing a solid cover with no design (there's a raised cat imprint and branding or something on one of the sides of the cover).
SUMMARY: If you have the money, buy it. It's worth trying. I still really like it because of its traction and its wide bowl.
However, the next battle in my life began because of the plate. My wife absolutely lost her mind because I put one of our pretty-much-average-probably-purchased-at-Target plates out for Thug Life to eat off of. She went so far as to say that our lovely home now looked like Sanford's place from "Sanford and Son." Surely this was a joke. But alas. She would put the plate up and I would retrieve another one, until this game of cat and mouse exploded into an argument. Even when I explained that I am a man, a man who needs at least 4 hours of unbroken sleep, she would not relent (the cat was likely loving all of this chaos). Our argument ended with shouting, tears, and angry stomps (all of which came from me).
After drying my tears, I went to the place that can solve all problems: Amazon (hit that smile.amazon.com URL and donate to charity with your purchases, people. St. Jude's or Steve Gleasons's No White Flags are great organizations to pick as your charitable organization). After searching for "whisker sensitivity bowls" and reading reviews for hours (people really have a lot to say about the dish their cat eats out of), I said "screw it, this dude may wake me up in the middle of the night, bring snakes, birds, and other live animals into my house to terrify my family, occasionally barf in my shoes, attack my feet in the middle of the night when I shift them in my sleep, beat the holy hell out of any other unfortunate cat that happens to wander onto my property, and steal my dogs' food just because he can, but he is my kid's cat, so he will getting the best smile.amazon.com has to offer. So, I ordered up Dr. Catsby's Food Bowl for Whisker Relief, and patiently waited for it to come in, while continuing to fight with my wife about why I can't use one of our Target plates so I can sleep through the night.
And when this bowl came in, it was everything I dreamed about and more. Demon cat will eat every morsel down to the last bite, it is shaped so that it doesn't touch his whiskers while he eats. I think it is stainless steel, so it is easy to wash. It has a rubber mat on the bottom so the bowl isn't pushed around while he eats (the bowl sits on this, so you don't have to pry it off to wash the bowl). It is lightweight and extremely sturdy. I'm pretty sure I could pop a few rounds with my 9 into this thing and it probably would survive. Bottom line is this: If you live with an a-hole cat, possibly against your will, and he wakes you up in the night because he wants more food stacked in his bowl, this is very possibly your solution. This bowl may have saved my marriage, my sanity, my job performance, and kept my family together.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on October 15, 2022