Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on July 9, 2017
Dr. Demento Presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time is fifty – five minutes and eighteen seconds long and was released in 1989. The CD is in the genre of spoken, holiday and pop and rock. Of the sixteen songs on this album Stan Freberg is featured on three of them. The most of the songs on the album most people have heard if they are into funny Christmas music. There are some true rarities like I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas, A Christmas Carol, I Yust Go Nut at Christmas and I’m A Christmas Tree. The only I did not like was the Singing Dogs. I would hit the next button each time they came on. Overall this is a great CD to listen to at Christmas. Dr. Demento Presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time gets an AAA+++.

Track Listings

The Chipmunk Song – David Seville
US Billboard Hot 100 #1 for four weeks in 1958
All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – Spike Jones & His City Slickers
US Billboard Hot 100 #1 in 1949
I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas – Yogi Yorgesson
US Billboard Top Sellers in Stores #5
Twelve Days of Christmas – Bob & Doug McKenzie
Green Chri$tma$ – Stan Freberg
I’m A Christmas Tree – Wild Man Fischer (Duet with Dr. Demento)
I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Clause – Kip Addotta
Christmas At Ground Zero – Weird Al Yankovic
Christmas Dragnet Stan Freberg & Daws Butler
US Billboard Best Selling Singles Chart #13 1953
on November 29, 2011
I really dont understand why some people call this album unsuitable for children. Like one other reviewer the closest I can get is I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Slaus by Kip Addotta of Wet Dream fame. Taking a close second if you really examin it is Weird Al Yankovics Christmas at Ground Zero but only for certian lyrics. That song by the way is what really got me intersted in him though I had heard of his songs before. I also like Stan Freberg and was floored the first time I heard his Dragnet parody St George and the Dragonet. So i was glad to see he was continueing it with Christmas Dragnet. His version of Nuttin for Christmas and Green Christmas were good too. The Chipmunk Song by David Seville was a nice surprise because Ive known that one since I was a kid. Yogi Yorgussons I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas was one of my grandmas favorites and is one one of mine now too. I Want a Hippopantamaus For Christmas I didnt realise was as popular as it is but I guess it is. Both versions of The Twelve Days of Christmas are pretty funny. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer stands as one of the few Christmas songs I have actually hated but Ive gotten over that.Fun fact. Jingle Bells by The Singing Dogs is David Lettermans favorite Christmas song.Spike Joness All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth is another favorite and another song I heard as a kid although then it as by the Chipmunks. I found out about Spikes version years later.Then theres Cheech and Chong doing Santa Claus and his Old Lady. Thats one of the few sketches they did that had nothing to do with drugs.Tom Lehrers A Christmas Carol has nothing to do with the Charlers Dickens story. Its about a guy who is too commercial for Christmas.And finaly Dr Demento himself joins Wildman Fisher on the partially jewish Im a Christmas Tree.Anyway I cant say enough about this album and I probably said to much already. Merry Christmas.
on April 21, 2017
My mom always played this cd when I was a kid and I wanted it for my two kids. The later tracks are awful but the first and middle tracks are great for Xmas.
on September 18, 2017
Lots of songs I have never heard of before. Loved "My grandmother got run over by a reindeer."
on September 18, 2016
My dad was looking for this CD everywhere for thr n past few years...I went online, found it in seconds and surprised him. He loves it! It's super silly and fun and somewhat raunchy which is a perfect combination in my house!
on April 3, 2017
I thought it was very well done.
on March 6, 2017
Fast & as described. Highly recommend. Thank you.
on July 15, 2017
great deal
on March 13, 2014
Cd arrived quickly and in good condition. plays great. I would buy from this seller again.

where else will you find songs like "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" and " I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". the Hippopotamus song was written and sold to raise money in the 80's to buy a Hippopotamus I believed for the Chicago zoo. It was a wonderful success. The song was sung by a women in a child's voice. Check it out it's great..

I cannot image a Christmas without playing the Hippopotamus polka song or a western type song with "Grandma got run over by a reindeer".
on May 19, 2017