Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Graduation forum

Dr Dre's Detox..........release date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2007, 11:32:20 AM PDT
I know that this album is coming, sooner than some people think too. I have seen 3 possible tracklistings and I know that Dre will not disappoint and his album is going to be pure heat!

Does anyone have a release date or any news?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2007, 1:15:22 PM PDT
S. Medlock says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2007, 1:15:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 12, 2007, 1:15:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2007, 2:14:08 PM PDT
You're an idiot; don't post replies when you have nothing to say that's worth reading. My question was for anyone who is interested and watching for the release of what will be an epic rap album. Age is completely irrelevant, moron.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2007, 6:34:37 AM PDT
Hopefully soon, btw WHERES THE WESTCOAST BEEN????
HA NEW YORK WHAT UP!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2007, 8:48:31 AM PDT
Daniel Case says:
Release date pushed back to Summer 08. Apparently Dre is waiting for the South to die down a little. Jay-Z has stated he worked with Dre on Detox. Rap needs this album. The "music" on the radio these days is absolutely terrible and is without a doubt the worst "music" in the history of mankind.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2007, 9:28:12 AM PDT
thanks for giving a straightforward answer, as opposed to the moron that replied first (Medlock).

As for the West Coast, open your eyes Mr Cabral.
WC just released a new album produced by Ice Cube.
Cube released Laugh Now Cry Later which is an excellent cd, and Snoop Dogg has released the Blue Carpet Treatment and The Big Squeeze in the last year. The Game released "Doctor's Advocate". The West Coast is alive and well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008, 10:32:54 AM PDT
Cesa Perez says:
It might be alive and well but it's not having an impact in Hip Hop like the stuff that is coming from the East Coast and unfortunately the Dirty South as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008, 10:39:53 AM PDT
I have to disagree with your comment on the impact of Hip Hop. Since my last reply, Ice Cube has released another CD, this one better than the last one, and Detox is coming this winter. What noteworthy music has come out of the East Coast and South? Lil Wayne was produced by Dr. Dre so his swagger may be south but his beats are west coast and Ludacris is pretty much the boss of music that is not west coast since 50Cent calls his home NY and he's a flunkie from the school of Eminem and Dr. Dre. He got murdered in his sales battle with Kanye. West Coast rap, especially "gangsta rap" is the child of NWA which is west coast and everything else is just trying to follow the lead. When Detox drops, everyone will try to follow that album as the template of what rap music should be.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2008, 4:20:20 PM PDT
Red Beauty says:
I love Dre

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2008, 11:40:48 PM PDT
Well, Dre's sons death has to have pushed it back even further. Also, he's been in the studio with Queen Latifah

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2008, 7:09:46 AM PDT
Being that he put a song for his brother on Dre 2001 I'm sure he'll add a track about his son to the final cut so I agree the release date will probably not come until 2009. Of course, he may be so strict about the tone of the album that he wouldn't want to add it on there to throw it off. No doubt he's hurting and this will interfere with his focus on getting the album out. Perfection cannot be rushed, so as much as we all want to hear it I'm sure we can wait a bit longer to let Dre deal with everything he's going through.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2008, 9:56:43 PM PST
Reuben Roa says:
Yeah tru tru, I mean fans are hassling Dre so much for this release but they dont take into account what hes going through. He wants everything to play out perfect thats why it takes him 10 years to put out an album. If I lost a son I prolly would be hiding in an abyss so I give him credit. Detox will be sick I know it, whenever we get to hear it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008, 6:59:50 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2008, 6:59:59 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 11:42:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2011, 11:44:59 AM PDT
D. Morrell says:
Dre Been With You Since (World Class), Time 2 Silence These So Call Called Rappers. (Radio Gangstaz) These Remixed Lil Jon Beats, Tha South Is Dead. Tha West iz Back..... Westcoast Stand Up & Be Heard........ Need 2 Go Get Jeezy & Put Him On Tha Team.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 9:43:49 AM PST
walker says:
The south makes nothing but crap. It's sad that they influence hip-hop in the way they do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Graduation forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers