|Fits as expected||
Dr. Howie Unisex White Lab Coat with Mandarin Collar • PROFESSIONAL QUALITY
$70.95 - $75.95
- Snaps closure
- New & Improved Quality 2017 Model
- Two waist pockets and one chest pocket with pen holder
- Mandarin collar for extra protection • Designed to minimize pathogen contact with street clothes
- 7 oz. Hardwearing 65% Polyester 35% Cotton FabricStud closing • Knitted Cuffs
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Unisex P/C Howie Coat by Dr. James is manufactured with a hardwearing 245 gsm polycotton fabric and with its absorbent material, offers the user limited protection against non-chemical spills and dust to clothing underneath. Because of its mandarin collar, knitted cuffs, and cross over concealed closing, the Unisex P/C Howie Coat offers increased protection over a standard V-neck lab coat. The coat is knee height and has a relaxed and comfortable fitting to a unisex tailored design. Used in a medical or laboratory environment, or as a uniform. Popular for doctors, dentists, students and industrial workers.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B009M5QMF6
- Item model number: White Howie
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 22, 2011
- #22 in Industrial & Scientific > Professional Dental Supplies > Apparel, Gloves & Personal Protective Gear > Professional Apparel > Men's Medical Clothing > Lab Coats
- #43 in Industrial & Scientific > Professional Dental Supplies > Apparel, Gloves & Personal Protective Gear > Professional Apparel > Women's Medical Clothing > Lab Coats
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. The large has an 'inner flap' that allows you to have the 'outer flap' open, and still be protected.
2. The large is made of slightly thicker (albeit noticeable) material.
3. The large has two bottom pockets, where the extra large has only one.
4. The upper pocket on the large has a snap button to protect things from falling out if you bend over (the extra large does not).
5. The large has a more detailed/extended collar that goes up your neck (which I really really wish the extra large had).
6. They appear to come from different companies (the extra large is distinctly Dr. James brand).
Overall, the large was nicer, but for me I needed functionality so I went with the extra large. Odd that there are so many differences just between two sizes.
The cut and quality of material are fine, the cut especially. I normally wear a medium, but the medium became unavailable after I ordered, after several emails about "a problem with order awaiting resolution." Eventually, the order was cancelled because "the item is no longer available." When returning to Amazon, it turns out just the Medium Size wasn't available.
So I then I ordered a large. I wanted a a Howie because of the coverage (especially with the length and the double breast), the lack of fuss with the collar, and the freedom of movement it affords (never you mind why, nosy!), and a large would work fine. There is where the cut of the garment shows versatility. In this size it's a bit too roomy, and the medium would have worked better, but it never gets in my way.
The material is a little lightweight, which is fine for minor cleanroom work and most common sterile environments, but inappropriate for very-high-end cleanrooms or preventing liquids from staining clothes. I'd like it a little heavier. 65/35 poly/cotton is easy to clean and breathable.
The price is fine... if you live in the UK. It's no bargain, but it's not a gouging either. However, the price of shipping doubled the price! And it wasn't fast shipping, this was standard "our post will put it in a bottle floating in a Westerly--moving-current and your post will send it to you when they find it washed ashore after crossing the Atlantic."
The exorbitant shipping cost, the time to resolve the out-of-size issue, combined with the waiting once it did ship, makes me think I will never get my Medium Sized Howie to replace the Large. The material has neither serious pros nor cons.
While I am pleased with this purchase, the only thing that would make me get another is the rarity of this type of garment off-the-rack vs. the expense and effort of having one made.