Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 706 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,128 reviews
on November 7, 2016
This is a very interesting novella. I found it to be a surprising fast read. It is an enjoyable, easy read. I am a fan of Robert Louis Stevenson. I feel he wrote great stories that can be enjoyed by a wide variety of readers. I have yet to read any of his books or poems that I have not enjoyed. This, of course, is the story that has led to the "Jekyll and Hyde" cliche. We tend to say things like this without having read the source of the reference. Thank You...
on September 11, 2017
Have already given a review of this book when received. It was one of my first books ordered by the Weekly Reader when I as in the 6th grade. To this day I still have the book, albeit it survived when my home burned down. It was wonderful to find this excellent book once again, though not quite the same as the original.
on June 8, 2017
I bought this copy to use to teach my middle school special education students (around 3-5th grade reading level). They loved it! They enjoyed the characters, the story, and the classic twist at the end. It was the perfect reading level for them and the pictures added to their experience.
on December 11, 2016
It was always one of my wishes to read this work although I knew the story in general -and its roots in psychology- but for some reason I never did before today. It's a genius novel that took my breath chasing Hyde. I dived into the story the degree I started to read it as a true story at some point.
on April 23, 2016
Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde doesn't match Stevenson's Treasure Island, but is a classic worthy of the title. It's also short and readily available at libraries or online, so you won't be wagering much in reading it for yourself
on January 6, 2014
This has to be the best book written on the duality of man. Stevenson wrote an interesting and entertaining piece that held through the test of time.
Some people may not like the language as written, but think of when it was written.
People interested in literature should read the classics just to improve their own reading skills. It never hurts to improve the mind.
Read this enjoyable book and take it all in. You may even learn something about yourself.
on January 28, 2016
I was happy to finally read this classic. It was not as I thought it would be but I enjoyed it a great deal. Bear in mind that modern psychological thrillers are much more graphic than this, which is written an an old-school style.
on August 30, 2014
As I preface every book review I'm not a book reviewer by any stretch. I'm barely literate, so I'll give you layman's view. I've read the book, seen the play, played Jekyll in the musical and watched the movies. It's a great (and short) book that you simply must read to get a full appreciation of the character that you all know on some level whether you've seen spoofs ala Bugs Bunny or seen David Hasselhoff strangle a performance like a butcher chops up 3 day old pork...read it please :)
on March 29, 2017
The book was excellent. But this version has VERY small print, it's only 57 pages long. If it was normal print I feel the book would've easily been 150-200 pages long, so don't be fooled by how thin it feels. I wish they'd have used larger print and let the book take up more pages because it was a little hard to read such small font.
on August 29, 2016
Always having heard about the work and never having read it, I finally decided to give it a go. The plot is well developed and being able to read Dr. Jekyll's journal really explains a lot about how he got himself in this pickle. The events leading up to the ending were quite a surprise to me. The story is a jolly good show with a lesson: Don't fool around with Mother Nature.