Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 187 reviews
on April 25, 2017
Love the way this Dr. Marten sandal looks on my foot. I appreciate the arch support. However, it feels hard. I'm thinking that I will get a silicone arch insert before I wear them out. I wear a 9.5 and I have a long second toe. So, I did a Google search on Dr. Marten UK sizing to US sizing. Luckily, I found a thread where a woman with my same shoe size and toe issue wrote that Dr. Martens sizing runs slightly larger than US. So ordering a size down is suggested. I ordered the 9 and it fits perfectly. I've worn Dr. Marten sandals some years ago; they were heavy. I've not worn this sandal out yet. So, I don't know if it is heavy. Still, I love the style. It's so chic. And is very well made. It will last forever. This sandal can be worn as a dress sandal. Love it.

Update: I love this sandal so much. I love the way it looks on my feet. However, I wore them in home, while getting dressed to go out. My feet slid about in the footbed and made sucking sounds when I walked. I couldn't understand why my feet were slipping around, until I remembered back to my old Dr. Martens sandals which had a suede footbed. This sandal has a gorgeous black shiny footbed that is not practical for the immobile sole of the shoe. Regretfully, I am going to have to return them. Please make this sandal with a suede footbed!
on September 11, 2017
I love these, I bought my normal size for Dr.Martens, which is a U.K. 4, which is the same as a US 6 women's and in other brands of shoes I generally wear a 7-6 1/2 in women's, just for size reference, Dr.Martens are tricky and run big, so go one size down. If you are a half size, go down to the nearest regular size. For me all Dr.Martens fit the same so if your really not sure, stop at a Journeys store or any other store that sells Doc's and try on some, and then you can be sure to get the right size. I own 5 Doc's and I love them they are great and sturdy.
These sandals are so cute and I get so many compliments on them, I highly recommend them. They do take time to break in so I wouldn't wear them for a super long time the first time you wear them or you will be blistered up. But mine are broken in now and perfect(:
review image review image
on July 9, 2016
These sandals are amazing! I bought them because I wanted a sturdy sandal for walking around the city and taking the subway because there's nothing grosser than the city in the summer. I love that my feet are still pretty covered and the Dr. Martens sole keeps you from sliding around on a wet floor. Keep in mind that they do run big, so order a size down and they'll be perfect. They may also rub the back of your heels something awful the first time you wear them, I found that putting vaseline on my heels right before I put them on helped a ton. After my first time wearing them (where I think they took off half the skin on my heels) I wore them for 3 days straight and they were fine.
on May 17, 2017
I would give these shoes 5 stars for style and uniqueness. They have the verve and funkiness that you would expect from a much more expensive European shoe such as Trippen. The Clarissa manages to be both a pretty walloping big shoe and weirdly comforting AND flattering to wear.

I'd have to give just 4 stars for the reasons that these shoes are HEAVY. I warned you. They feel like bowling balls on your feet. But I think that their heft contributes to the comforting sensation. Your feet are protected, honey. Also, order down a size. They are whomping big. And last of all, like many Doc Martens, they will take a while to break in. Wear socks. Or bandaids. Don't set out on a 4k with these right outta the box. It'll be a commitment, but once you do get them broken in they will be comfortable and so long-wearing you can leave them to your grandchildren.
on August 23, 2017
I love doc martens, I own a pair of high heel boot and I wear them all the time, I wanted to try the sandal because they look super cool in the pictures and all, I ordered a size 8 and they fit just right, but the model is somewhat weird looking, they're huge!! It's a big a sandal and the material is very hard, I have skinny legs so there was no chance for me on rocking these, totally bummed out, unfortunately I am in the process of returning them, so my advice is if you wanna purchased these make sure is your size and expect them to be wideeeeee ;)
on June 18, 2016
My daughter normally wears the shoe size 8 1/2, regular width. She wears a UK6 US8 in the Dr. Martens boots and they fit her perfectly. We ordered the Clarissa sandal in a UK6 US8 and they were gigantic, unwearable, there was an inch to spare in front of her toes. We repurchased a size UK5 US7 and they fit perfectly. If your feet are wide you could get away with it but if you have a regular width I would order a size down.
on March 18, 2017
I'm a size 10 US and my feet are on the very edge of not being wide which normally means wide for sandals. Instead of listening to the reviews I got a size 10 and there's no regret at all! Even though they're a little big, they're really comfortable and breaking them in will be a lot easier. I have about half an inch room in front of my toes and a little less than that on either side of my foot without socks on. With fuzzy socks on, the shoes were snug and comfortable. If the shoes were smaller I don't think I could have worn them with fuzzy socks. The only thing that hurt after wearing them for a day (without socks) was the back of my heels - and this is on the first day wearing them so I consider that a win.
on May 1, 2017
Second pair I've ordered. I purchased the wrong size two times. Stupid me. I'm bound and determined to get the right size. Hopefully the pair in the mail will be The Ones! I'm loving the Doc Martens, their style, quality, colors and durability. I wish they designed more crisscross sandals that would cover the bunions on both sides of my feet. Barefoot dancing did a trip on my feet over the years.
on August 22, 2015
No, the arch support isn't great but then I'm probably used to Birkenstocks. These are still REALLY comfortable. Just be aware that you will be clomping around pretty loudly in these no matter how gently you try to walk. The buckles rattle and whatnot but these are AWESOME. I mean they are Docs and they are these weirdly wicked sandals at the same time? What more could you ask for?
on August 27, 2017
Purchased a size 6 women's and it fit like a glove! I didn't have to break it in either. It does start to tire my feet after wearing it for longer than 3 hours LOL. Maybe I have weak feet? I think inserts would make it a lot more comfortable.

When I first wore them, I was super surprised at how heavy it was, but after the second wear, you get used to it and it's not heavy anymore. I have received many compliments!

This is my first pair of Docs and I feel with proper care, it will last me years! So happy it's vegan too!!! :)

*edited for spelling error

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.