Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 172 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 183 reviews
on June 1, 2016
Visually, I love these shoes. They are completely badass, and all of my friends love them. The only downside is, the first time I wore them (for a measly hour and a half of errand running), I got a blister over the entire back of my heel so bad I was unable to walk without limping for the rest of the day and the entire next day. Three days later and I am still stuck wearing flip flops as shoes are just too uncomfortable. Holy moly. My feet are no stranger to blisters-- I almost exclusively wear Doc Martens and other shoes that require breaking in... but this was RIDICULOUS. I even used this blister preventing stick thing that works for some pairs of sneakers, but it was no match for these.

I am not giving up, because I have fallen in love and beauty is pain. And I know that Doc Martens are worth the torture once they get broken in. But I have invested in some heel pads and other items that will hopefully make my next experience with these shoes a little smoother. But if you choose get these (and I hope you do because they are beautiful), PLEASE take extreme precautions to ensure some semblance of comfort.
on August 9, 2016
These shoes are great!! If you have wide feet, I'd recommend buying your normal size. I have fairly wide feet and I bought a size down and they fit perfectly snug, but id prefer them to be a little looser! It all depends on the width of your feet and how you'd prefer them to fit:)
on March 3, 2017
I am a perfect 8.5 borderline 9. What I mean by this is I have the least amount of toe room you could have in a size 8.5 before having to go up a size. So I find that when I choose to wear a size 9...say if my size is not available, I can barely tell the difference. My feet are also slightly wide too...mostly because I have a flat foot with no arch. So its not really noticeable to anyone but me. But I generally take a 8.5 medium shoe in US sizing. In this particular shoe, considering they only had full sizes, I went with the size 8 and it fit me the way an 8.5 would. In other words, just enough toe room to be a legit 8.5. It was not too wide around my foot either...it was just right. They do have a thick sole and so they are a taller sandal (chunky). I went with the patent leather black pair and they're cute but I feel strange in them because I tend to go with a less bulky shoe with dresses and shorts and that's what I bought them for. I may have to play with them for a couple days. But I haven't worn them yet but imagine they will hurt slightly because they are patent leather which is stiff. But back to the sizing, my thoughts are, if you are a full size, take your normal size but if you are on a 1/2 size like I am, go down one full size. If I were a size 9 in a typical shoe and went with a size 8, no doubt in my mind that my toes would be hanging off the edges. Hope this adds some clarity for someone out there.
on April 25, 2017
Love the way this Dr. Marten sandal looks on my foot. I appreciate the arch support. However, it feels hard. I'm thinking that I will get a silicone arch insert before I wear them out. I wear a 9.5 and I have a long second toe. So, I did a Google search on Dr. Marten UK sizing to US sizing. Luckily, I found a thread where a woman with my same shoe size and toe issue wrote that Dr. Martens sizing runs slightly larger than US. So ordering a size down is suggested. I ordered the 9 and it fits perfectly. I've worn Dr. Marten sandals some years ago; they were heavy. I've not worn this sandal out yet. So, I don't know if it is heavy. Still, I love the style. It's so chic. And is very well made. It will last forever. This sandal can be worn as a dress sandal. Love it.

Update: I love this sandal so much. I love the way it looks on my feet. However, I wore them in home, while getting dressed to go out. My feet slid about in the footbed and made sucking sounds when I walked. I couldn't understand why my feet were slipping around, until I remembered back to my old Dr. Martens sandals which had a suede footbed. This sandal has a gorgeous black shiny footbed that is not practical for the immobile sole of the shoe. Regretfully, I am going to have to return them. Please make this sandal with a suede footbed!
on June 6, 2016
The shoes are soooo cute! I've worn them a few times and I can tell it's going to take a hot minute to break in. The only thing I hate is they don't have half sizes. So if you have wide feet and wear a half size, go up. If not, go down in size. But the great thing with Docs are they last forever so the price is worth it.
on July 9, 2016
These sandals are amazing! I bought them because I wanted a sturdy sandal for walking around the city and taking the subway because there's nothing grosser than the city in the summer. I love that my feet are still pretty covered and the Dr. Martens sole keeps you from sliding around on a wet floor. Keep in mind that they do run big, so order a size down and they'll be perfect. They may also rub the back of your heels something awful the first time you wear them, I found that putting vaseline on my heels right before I put them on helped a ton. After my first time wearing them (where I think they took off half the skin on my heels) I wore them for 3 days straight and they were fine.
on October 31, 2016
These sandals look great are very comfortable. I am glad that I ordered one size smaller than usual based on all the reviews I read. The buckles rattle when you walk which may bother some people. I put some small twist ties around each buckle to keep them from shifting and the ratting has stopped. You can't even notice them. I plan to wear these sandals for a long time.
on May 17, 2017
I would give these shoes 5 stars for style and uniqueness. They have the verve and funkiness that you would expect from a much more expensive European shoe such as Trippen. The Clarissa manages to be both a pretty walloping big shoe and weirdly comforting AND flattering to wear.

I'd have to give just 4 stars for the reasons that these shoes are HEAVY. I warned you. They feel like bowling balls on your feet. But I think that their heft contributes to the comforting sensation. Your feet are protected, honey. Also, order down a size. They are whomping big. And last of all, like many Doc Martens, they will take a while to break in. Wear socks. Or bandaids. Don't set out on a 4k with these right outta the box. It'll be a commitment, but once you do get them broken in they will be comfortable and so long-wearing you can leave them to your grandchildren.
on June 18, 2016
My daughter normally wears the shoe size 8 1/2, regular width. She wears a UK6 US8 in the Dr. Martens boots and they fit her perfectly. We ordered the Clarissa sandal in a UK6 US8 and they were gigantic, unwearable, there was an inch to spare in front of her toes. We repurchased a size UK5 US7 and they fit perfectly. If your feet are wide you could get away with it but if you have a regular width I would order a size down.
on March 18, 2017
I'm a size 10 US and my feet are on the very edge of not being wide which normally means wide for sandals. Instead of listening to the reviews I got a size 10 and there's no regret at all! Even though they're a little big, they're really comfortable and breaking them in will be a lot easier. I have about half an inch room in front of my toes and a little less than that on either side of my foot without socks on. With fuzzy socks on, the shoes were snug and comfortable. If the shoes were smaller I don't think I could have worn them with fuzzy socks. The only thing that hurt after wearing them for a day (without socks) was the back of my heels - and this is on the first day wearing them so I consider that a win.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.