Dr. Ph. Martin's 800851-XXX Bombay India Ink Bottles, 0.5 oz, Set of 12 (Set 1)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Set of 12, 0.5 oz plastic bottles with mixing palette
- Vibrant India inks made from the finest ground pigments
- Lightfast, permanent, and waterproof when dry
- 24 unique colors available across two different sets
- Made in the USA
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Dr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India inks offer powerful color in a convenient package. These highly pigmented India inks not only remain lightfast and permanent, but are also totally waterproof when dry. They adhere to nearly all surfaces and are non-clogging when used in pens. Inks can be diluted with water and used with brushes in traditional watercolor techniques or in dip pens, technical drawing pens, and airbrushes. All colors are brilliant and transparent, except black and white, which are opaque and have excellent covering power. Each set includes 12 different colors in 0.5 oz (15 ml) plastic bottles and a custom mixing palette. Set 1 colors: yellow, red, magenta, green, blue, brown, black, white, violet, bright red, teal, grass green.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The colors that come in the set are:
I absolutely love them
The white container/thing the ink bottles come in can double as a pallete if you don't feel like buying another pallete for your inks
BOMBAY ink, however, was vibrant, and did not bleed through the sketchbook paper, and did not feather at all whether the line was thick or thin. I love the colors. I used it with my Comic G flexible nibs, and my speedball nibs and they did awesome in both. I am thrilled with this ink. AND it is waterproof, really.
Definitely get these inks if you have the slightest interest. I doubt you'll regret it. They're very beautiful and very fun. It may take some practice though and trial and error but it's worth it :)
I've added three pictures of the process o was going through (it's still a WIP but I'm loving it so far!). I also did a mother's day card that turned out pretty flipping awesome. I'm in love with these inks.
things to know.
1. this is again not for pens this is for painting or to add something to your work.
2. it requires water paper and a brush or dropper to work with
3. if it is to bright you CAN dilute it with water do not soak your paper as even water paper can bend.
4. you can blend colours if it is not to wet or to dry and depending on what you want.
5. done correctly it can be used over another image to give the illusion that you are seeing through something .in short it will be as light or as heavy as you want it to be and a few drops can go a long way. So this set can last for a very long time.
it has proved excellent in collage and when mixing with other medias for mark making.
shown pictures are 2 paintings i made for a college level project both recieved great A's.
this is something that requires practice like anything else.
i highly recommend the sets for anyone wanting to experiment with India Ink and Ink wash so they do not invest alot o a single big bottle of one color that simply may not be right for the idea they have. The set lasts a long time and lets you know what colours you like so you can replace them with bigger bottles later if the ink is right for you.