Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on October 2, 2013
I was a bit hesitant to buy this set without seeing a list of the films it offered, but I'm glad I purchased it--this will be the perfect complement to my "The Original Christmas Classics Gift Set" DVDs. I really love the Rankin and Bass animation styles and songs for the holidays, and the addition of the classic Grinch cartoon in the same box is fantastic. Here's what you get:

DISC 1

Frosty's Winter Wonderland
'Twas the Night Before Christmas

DISC 4
Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July

The quality of these films is great, the extras are fun, and I'm thoroughly enjoying a Christmas preview in October. <=)
44 comments| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I made this purchase from my phone and did not have a completely clear picture nor a full description of the DVD provided. I just saw the amazing price and the high star rating, and knew it had a few of the classics I have been dying to see again (and searching for). I thought since it was a 4 disc set there would only be about 4-6 movies which seems to be the norm. I was delighted to see it contains 10 movies, including every single classic I have been looking for! So glad I didn't have to buy them all separately.
The quality is superb and all movies are shown exactly how I remember them! I will never stop loving Rankin/Bass Productions! This is most definitely an excellent value that we will continue to enjoy for years to come!
on February 26, 2016
This past Christmas, my husband was lamenting that we didn't have any Christmas movies to watch at home. Since we don't have cable, trying to catch a movie on TV can be tough, especially when the Netflix offerings are sparse. After watching "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" a dozen times on Youtube, I decided that this year would be the perfect time to get him the movie on DVD so he can watch it all year 'round. I was thrilled to come across this collection of old Christmas movies. I remember watching Frosty and the Misers every year growing up, and was so pleased to see how much my children fell in love with this classic. My husband loved the purchase as well! The movies look great on the screen, and we didn't have any issues with any of the discs. I highly recommend adding this set to your collection!
I'm a sucker for the Grinch movies...both the animated classic and the JC live action version. I was able to watch this with my daughters this Christmas and it was by far the most requested rewatch of the season and it is a must have for anyone with kids, or a heart. The extras that come with the download (or DVD) are fun to watch and everyone, including my four year old, was just as entertained by the extras as they were the movie. We have a tradition of reading the Grinch a thousand times during Christmas, and about 50 times the week after. That's a slight exaggeration of course but I can honestly say that the Grinch is the first book my seven year old memorized, word for word, when she was three and a half years old. I tried to convince people she could read but I was always foiled when they asked her to read other books. I'm off topic but for a good reason, the movie is fun and creates memories...great movie that transcends the animation and limitations of the day.
on May 10, 2016
We love so many of the different Christmas classics that are included in this set. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is always a classic. I like that in one purchase you get such a variety! All of the story lines don't hold my interest, but my three year old loves them.

I always wait until I have used an item for at least five days before reviewing it. I also try to come back and update my reviews as needed if something changes with the product and how I liked it. I hope that you find my review helpful when trying to make a decision whether or not to purchase an item.
on January 20, 2016
When I was a little girl (about 30 years ago, lol) my family and I, like most, would watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas once a year on tv. Among the other Christmas favorites, like Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and of course the Peanuts Christmas, this movie was my favorite. I think it is funny and entertaining for all ages, where some of the other common Christmas movies, especially the newer ones of today, are a bit difficult to tolerate. I so very much appreciate these classic cartoons over the newer, digital movies. The artwork is amazing and so impressively! If you haven't seen this movie, you must! You cannot go on properly without it! If you are like me and just want to own this classic, consider buying the digital copy, as it's so nice to not to have to try to jam it in with our numerous outer dvd's.
on December 31, 2017
The grinch is a classic. I could whatch this movie 10million times with my son and it still wouldn’t get old. I must say that the ‘Horton hears a woo’ little short film freaks me out though. Also, I didn’t like how they had at the end, how the movie was made and what people played what voices. That takes the fun out of the cartoon. Not only that, it’s boring and I don’t see any kid wanting to see that.

How the grinch stole Christmas movie was great though and of good quality.
on September 28, 2014
Wonderful brought back childhood memories I got these because every holiday they seem to hack them and edit them more that I cant enjoy them these are the original uncut versions. .The little drummer boy book 2 was suppose to be on this as well..But it is not..Was a different version sent.? Or was this a reissue? Has anyone else had this problem? In order for me to get the drummer boy 2 I will have to buy the DVD which has the same titles that I already own.And some of them are on this disc.Shame! IF ANYONE has a suggestion on how to contact the company or what I can do please comment..Thank you..
on November 15, 2016
If you don't already own the 2007 Christmas Television Favorites Collection DVD set from the WB, I know my sister didn't have one of her own, then this updated and upgraded collection is for you and your holiday collections! It was originally in book-like packaging, as my sister's was sold to me from here on Amazon, but as early as 2013, this whole 4-disc set is in 1 normal-sized DVD case! The Classic Christmas Favorites set contains 9 out of all 20 of Rankin/Bass' original Christmas specials plus How The Grinch Stole Christmas from MGM in 1966! Happy 50th anniversary, Mr. Grinch! The 9 Rankin/Bass Christmas classics in this set are; Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, The Stingiest Man in Town, The Leprechauns' Christmas Gold, & Rudolph's Shiny New Year! Sadly, the Little Drummer Boy Book 2 never surfaced here, but did in the Warner Archive's 2012 Rankin/Bass Christmas DVD, with the 3 Rankin/Bass specials included with the Grinch's DVD in this set! This set's a perfect partner to ClassicMedia's Original Christmas Classics set on DVD OR Blu-ray! Be sure to add this WB set to your ClassicMedia set today, if you want to!
on January 18, 2015
You just can't not love the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I was nauseated by the one with Jim Carrey. This is the best! It brings back great memories of my family when I was little.

Purchased this through Amazon Instant Video app. Colors and picture quality are exactly as I remember from childhood. It came with Horton Hears a Who, which I had never seen before. The actual book has a great message but the story in this animated feature is much different from the book. Same sort of message though, but I loved the book so much I couldn't get into it. Buuut I purchased this for the HTGSC, which I am happy with. So, 5 stars for me.