Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 728 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 4, 2015
I like this book a lot. We have 3 or 4 ABC books for our daughter and I really like the text in this book and that it's got different stuff than you see in other books. The words flow really well. My little one is 9 months old and she sort of checks out around the K page since it is a little long...but she's at that age where she just wants to move around rather than sit still so I've started reading to her while she takes her bottle. I think as she gets older this may be one of her favorites...I know I enjoy reading it and the board book is the perfect size. It's not my favorite ABC book...but it's easily #2 of the ones we have.

UPDATE 4/27/16: My daughter is now 17 months old and we love reading this book together. I get the sense that people are very critical of the board book edition of this book because it is abridged but I disagree. It is definitely abridged but my daughter does not have the attention span to sit through a full length Dr. Seuss book just because I like that version better. At 9 months old my daughter could only get up to the K page in this book before she checked out and now at 17 months old she sits for the entire thing. This is a book that she has been able to grow with. And the best thing about it being a board book is that my daughter can pick it up and "read it" all on her own. She loves when I read this book to her but she also is able to interact with it on her own and that's important. I definitely recommend this book!
Great classic of Dr. Seuss! Goes through the alphabet and teaches about things that begin with the applicable letter. The pages are brightly colored and can be read like a little poem. Only critique is that the pages are a bit busy and for your littlest ones it might be hard to follow a bit, but with a parent guiding it would be easier to follow. Really small, about 3 x 5 so a excellent book for the diaper bag.
on June 19, 2015
Not what I expected. Read the fine print on this book. I missed that this was a smaller sized book. (1/2 of the original size?) I missed that this was missing some of the original text. CAREFUL! I bought what I thought was a good price. I would not repeat that purchase.
The book might be great for the back seat of a car, but buy the full size original for the enjoyment of sharing with your favorite child.
on August 30, 2016
I'm no expert on the best books for kids to help them learn, and I imagine it's probably a little different for each one. I'm a bit partial to Dr. Seuss, though, as I grew up reading all those books, and so we got this one for our little girl. We've been reading it with her everyday since she was 3 months (along with a bunch of others), and she seems to like it (started reacting more to it around 8 months). Sure, the characters are a bit weird but whacky is good, in my opinion, for helping their creativity, and the flow of the ABC's is pretty good. We also still use a bunch of the Dr. Seuss books from my wife's and my own childhoods, too.

Anyway, I would recommend this book, although there are probably a gazillion others out there.
on June 22, 2015
A classic that I read to my toddler on a regular basis. An elementary school principal recommended reading this from an early age to help kids learn letters and sounds in preparation for pre-school and kindergarten. It's a hit in my house!
on May 9, 2016
I love this little book! My almost 2 year old loves how it's the perfect size for him. He'll sit on the couch and flip though the pages and look at the pictures when i'm not reading it to him. I like that i can throw it into my purse when we got out so he can have something to do.

I hope my review helped you with your decision whether or not to buy this product. When i buy products i try my best to give an honest and unbiased review whether or not i received it free, at a discount or paid full price.With that being said, I did not receive this product free or at a discounted price for my honest review. I enjoy helping others where others have helped me. Thanks for taking your time to read my review!
on June 1, 2016
I purchased this Dr. Seuss ABC book for my one year old granddaughter. She is just now really getting into listening to us read her books instead of trying to eat them. Her mother has been teaching her colors and shapes and has now moved onto her alphabet. She really enjoys the colors of the book. I didn't know that this version of the book had been changed from the original version. Since I only have this as a reference, I like it. I will probably purchase the paper copy now to compare but for now, this is a nice book for my granddaughter.
on December 2, 2015
This is a really cute book and I have memorized most of it from reading it to my daughter often. My only complaint is that there are several times throughout the book where Dr. Seuss used made-up words. I know that's his thing and that it's silly for me to complain about something like that; however, I feel like it takes away a little bit from using this as an educational book. Regardless, the book covers every letter of the alphabet in a fun, alliterative way and both my daughter and I really enjoy it.
on April 14, 2016
I am a huge Dr. Suess fan so this is my go to Baby Shower book. I usually opt to give this instead of a card. I did have to buy a 2nd one for my friend's son at 2 and a half because he loved it to the point of destruction. The book does leave out some of what the original paperback has but the abridgement keeps the best parts. This is some of the best literature you'll find as a board book.
on September 19, 2016
Love the way the rhythm of each of the lines flows! My daughter loves the way we can inflect different notes in a sing song way. It's rather catchy and a great way to get a little one excited about letters :) Perfect ABC book for any young library! Dr. Seuss is always a hit!