Dr Stanton Paperback – July 20, 2017
|New from||Used from|
"The Glamourist" by Luanne G. Smith
A spellbinding novel of bloodlines, self-discovery, and redemption by the author of The Vine Witch. | Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Item Weight : 1.61 pounds
- Paperback : 502 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975895789
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975895785
- Dimensions : 6 x 1.26 x 9 inches
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 20, 2017)
- Language: : English
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The most glaring mistake was in Cam's profession. He is a cardiologist. They do not do surgery, at least not major surgery like the 8-hr procedure Cam did. That kind of surgery is left to the cardiovascular surgeon. The cardiologist will do a cath, but if that takes 8 hrs, he needs a new discipline.
2. Grammar. I'm a grammar Nazi so try not to be too critical. This, however, was ridiculous. Someone please educate the author on her pronouns! "Him and Josh" or "Her and Tash" went to the bar... Come on! Even if the author doesn't know better, where are the proofreaders and editors? Infrequently did she use nominative case in this form.
3. As for the story itself, the premise was good. Kinda like Stopover. Ashley, however, drove me nuts. She had ample opportunity to come clean. I get that it was supposed to further (or drag out) the story, but it made her look like more of an idiot than she already was. It was distracting and frustrating.
Cam was a little overbearing, but it was tolerable. That's the type of H in all of her stories. Having said that, the language and graphic sex was too crude and vulgar for me. It bordered on sadistic. I don't mind off-color language in a book, but vulgar and filth detract from the story. Again, less is more.
I don't know why romance authors have to make the h 'less than'. I like finding new authors. Case in point: Tess O'Connor's Heart of S.T.O.N.E. Series where both are equally strong and intelligent protagonists.
Others have suggested Mr. Masters. Should I click? Maybe I'll just wait for Takeover.
Now they’ve been reunited and finally know one another’s names, things are suddenly complicated. Ashley wants Cameron and he has never forgotten her, but Ashley has secrets and she knows once she reveals them, she’ll lose Cameron.
This was an emotional read and it bumped back and forth with the characters wanting one another and then tearing each other apart. I just wanted to knock their heads together at times. Loved it though and could barely put it down.
1. Without spoiling it for anyone, but one of the things that the H does is unforgivable in my book. I'm not sure how anyone would come back from that and if they do, there would have been a lot more groveling and proving yourself to me. Certain actions just break one's trust so thoroughly that rebuilding it is either impossible or takes a lot more that what he did.
2. I felt that there were a few plot lines that were just left hung open. What happened with Andrew's mom? Who drugged h?
3. h was a bit of a doormat. She had moments of "empowerment" and then they were gone.
4. H was a domineering a$$hole, and not in a good way. I get that he is wealthy and he doesn't understand how far a parent would go to keep his/her child fed/taken care of, but in a healthy relationship you discuss things with your partner and don't constantly force your will on them.
5. The sex scenes were off. Though the scenes themselves were hot, the pain/pleasure aspect was not written well. There is something sexy about flirting with that pain for the ultimate pleasure, but the way that it was written felt like H didn't care about the fact that something hurt h, but wanted her to deal with it because that's what he needs and he was in control.
6. I haven't read other books in this series yet, but I didn't like H's brother at all. First of all, with that kind of money and skills, I'm sure he could have found h for H. Second, he should have guided his brother a little better in getting all the facts before making life-changing decisions. A smart and savvy businessman doesn't just jump the gun, especially when the outcome will undoubtedly have consequences that will be long and far reaching.
There were some editorial errors, but I didn't think they were terrible enough to take away from the book.
I really think that this could have been a true gem, but I just couldn't forgive H.
Top reviews from other countries
5 yrs later Ashley and her son arrive in LA, she has done med school now has a yr as an intern to a surgeon, her friend is coming to stay stay too. Now she just needs a 2nd p/t job to help pay the bills. Fantastic read, you only need to read this, but there is a 2nd book Dr Stantons The Epilogue, so I got that too. Was unsure whether to buy this as not my usual style of book but very good, glad I did
I’m such a sucker for a sharp suited, quick witted, intelligent yet dumb in matters of the heart hero & gawd did I get that in spades with one Dr Cameron Stanton. I swear this man has some serious panty melting moves & that’s just with his words lol. Even when he was putting his size 11’s in his trap hole, I still loved on him hard..See, such a sucker.
Then we have Ashley Tucker & damn did I have a girl crush. This feisty, funny, hyper intelligent girl had me high fiving her across the pages & flying her flag throughout.
For me this story had it all. Humour, heart, love, lust & some serious banter between the H & H that lifted their relationship to a whole new level.
Amazing read from cover to cover
There were many things that led to her being called a bad mother that were incredibly unrealistic and highly unlikely for it to happen. Granted this is fiction but this was an exaggeration. Also feel like maybe the overdose could have been explored more by either one of them, to find out what really happened. Seems again unlikely that he would one day just wake up and believe her.
Also the ending was completely unnecessary.
Ashley Tucker is a top girl that you would love as your bestie. Struggling with money and trying to make ends meet, she is a determined woman that is feisty when needed and fun to be with. This lady has a big heart but doesn't take any S*** and I respected the hell out of her for that.
This story, this authors writing was absolute perfection and I was glued to every word that came out of that gorgeous mans mouth. Stubborn, focused, dedicated, loyal, beautiful, sexy with a filthy mouth, I mean what is not to love here. Yes Dr Cameron Stanton is the bomb !!!
Ashley Tucker is the lady he wants and sets out to woo her. After meeting her in Vegas five years previous when Ashley was on a hen party their connection sexually was off the charts, he wanted to keep in touch with her but along the way he looses his phone and ultimately her number. When she turns up as one of his new interns five years along the line he is as shocked as she is, but delighted to find all the old feelings are back and we follow their story which may I add is a rough and rocky road. Five years is a long time and they both have pasts and secrets that they may both not want to hear.
Their chemistry is intense and charged with energy that is explosive, brace yourself for the sex scene's, because oh boy they are deliciously hot hot hot !!!!! The story is amazing, the characters strong and wonderfully written, secondary characters play a massive part as well and although this is a standalone, it is part of the Stanton Series which I have just downloaded and will most definitely be reading.
I can honestly say yes this is my first book by TL Swan but it certainly won't be my last and this is one of my top favourite reads of the year - yes it is that good !!!!