Dragon Age: Origins - PC
|Price:||+ $4.72 shipping|
- Scalable combat options that let you decide the level of control you have over your party, including NPCs. Issue orders, set your own tactical AI, or take control of any party member to lead the charge.
- 6 possible playable preludes known as 'Origin Stories' which along with your play, define how your hero character will see the world, how it sees you and sets the tone for the entire story.
- Travel across the vast and varied lands of Ferelden; from the conspiratorial halls of the last great dwarven city, Orzammar, to the untamed snarls of the Korcari Wilds.
- Dragon Age: Origins will give you deep character customization options including: class, race, appearance, abilities, and equipment.
- At the heart of the storm sweeping across Ferelden. Decide the fate of nations, people and, ultimately, yourself. Just remember: for every choice, there is a consequence.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Become immersed in a dark and heroic fantasy world realized with BioWare’s trademark depth and expertise, enriched with its own unique lore and brought to life by some of the best artists in the industry. Deep customization gives you control over your character in Dragon Age. Race, appearance, abilities, and equipment all affect how you look. What you do will affect how you are perceived. Your origin defines your place in the world and how others see you. These playable sequences introduce the world and let you decide how your character becomes a hero, setting the tone for the entire story to come. Stand at the heart of the storm sweeping across Ferelden. Choose the fates of nations, people and, ultimately, yourself. Just remember: for every choice, there is a consequence. Control your perspective as you guide a party of four into battle. Issue orders, build your own tactical AI, or take control of any party member to lead the charge. Downloadable content will provide you with exciting new stories and ways to expand your Dragon Age experience beyond the original game. Use the provided toolset to author your own adventures to share with friends.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Highly polished and well finished, there are a few tiny bugs that pop up here and there that don't disturb the game play and are gone in an instant. For instance, while confronting the demon in the Fade while rescuing Connor, if you click too fast on a party member after combat is over, the game loops back into a dialogue you already had, with the demon you just fought invisible on the screen. The sound didn't quite catch up to the graphics in this case, but just clicking through the dialogue and the game returns to where it's supposed to be.
The game mechanics are the best I've ever seen in a role-playing game. This game could just as easily be labeled as a strategy game considering the infinite ways in which you can respond to the hundreds of different tactical scenarios it throws at you. When taking into account the options, including what party members you choose for a particular mission and the high degree of variance in their individual attributes (there are only three classes, but specializations can create very different characters within a single class), and we're left with a game with insane amounts of strategic fun and replay value.
All told, this game has all the right stuff. It does everything well, if nothing best. Not making a bigger and better followup game worthy of this original would be a travesty to the large group of diehard fans of this great game that I am now definitely a part of.
And your choices (quest/dialogue) will affect how your party members feel about you. And kudoes to the game maker for making those choices affect members differently. As in real life, you can't please all the people all the time.
The graphics are top notch, even for a 2+ year old game. I love the fact that the character you create in the beginning appears in the cutscenes in all his glory. The voice acting ranges from acceptable to excellent and the dialogue options are, again, amazing when you think of what must have been involved in coming up with them.
The combat mechanism is the only area that I felt could use improvement. While the Tactics option, which allows one to program a party member's tactics during battle, is a neat feature, I thought it was too limited. I still ended up doing a lot of switching between characters during battles to get the full benefit of their various talents/skills.
There are some other cons:
1. The game did not come with printed manual which is very disappointing.
2. Lack of an in-game tutorial. Yes, the game is easy to use/learn but it took me a while to get the hang of the tactics system. Even after playing the game for 10+ hours, I still feel like I'm missing something in that area.
3. I'm playing as a human and I thought it odd that the death of the main character's parents was dropped the way it was. It was all about the Blight, Leilana's story, and Allistair's story, and...I mean, hey, if we can go and take a detour to do all that, can't we stop and avenge MY parent's betrayal?
4. I know I'm asking a lot here, but it would have been great to have included the main character's voice responses. Having just the onscreen text dialogue followed by the NPC voiced response was the only thing that kept me from becoming fully immersed in my character. Now that I think about it, that might be a good thing as I might never have stopped playing.
If you're looking for an engrossing story with engaging characters, rich backstories, and challenging quests this game must be tried.
My system: Laptop i7 Quad with 1GB GPU & Win 7 64 Bit OS
Update 01/17/12: If you're going to get this game, get the Ultimate edition instead. The game has a bunch of downloadable side quests that would cost major bucks for you to buy them online which you'd have to do if you bought this particular version. So getting the ultimate edition for about $10 more only makes sense.
Top international reviews
Il gioco è Dragon Age 2 non Origins come c'è scritto, Play2Game che lo vende non so perchè mette queste false informazioni. Se non si ha non bisogna spedire un oggetto diverso, almeno avere il coraggio di cambiare l'immagine e mettere la vera descrizione di ciò che si vende sarebbe d'obbligo. Oppure contattare direttamente il cliente per informarlo che non è più disponibile ma prima che sia già arrivato.
Meno male che lo ho contattato mi sono fatto fare il rimborso per questa cosa. Soprattutto il gioco tutto in inglese, non ci sono nemmeno i sottotitoli in italiano.
Ecco anche alcune foto di cosa vi arriverà se lo acquisterete.
Become a Grey Warden, and experience the difficulty of saving the world that may not want to be saved. Battle darkspawn, bandits, and maybe your own brother. But have a blast, because this is one of the best RPG's I have played. I have played a lot.
I recommend it to everyone a bit interested in RPG and fantasy.
Best part of the series. Really good and meaningful story, good chararacters and good fighting system.
Dont miss out on this classic. With some addons you can also pretty up the graphic
Malheureusement les langues de choix, ici au Québec, anglais et ...espagnol.Pas de choix pour le français à l'installation.
Comme il y a des intrigues importantes liées au texte, cela tempère un peu nos ardeurs.
My gamer husband LOVE IT.
And the delivery was super fast!!
I'm one happy customer.