FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Scalable combat options that let you decide the level of control you have over your party, including NPCs. Issue orders, set your own tactical AI, or take control of any party member to lead the charge.
- 6 possible playable preludes known as ‘Origin Stories’ which along with your play, define how your hero character will see the world, how it sees you and sets the tone for the entire story.
- Travel across the vast and varied lands of Ferelden; from the conspiratorial halls of the last great dwarven city, Orzammar, to the untamed snarls of the Korcari Wilds.
- Dragon Age: Origins will give you deep character customization options including: class, race, appearance, abilities, and equipment.
- At the heart of the storm sweeping across Ferelden. Decide the fate of nations, people and, ultimately, yourself. Just remember: for every choice, there is a consequence.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The survival of humanity rests in the hands of those chosen by fate. You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of guardians who have defended the lands throughout the centuries. Betrayed by a trusted general in a critical battle, you must hunt down the traitor and bring him to justice. As you fight your way towards the final confrontation with an evil nemesis, you will face monstrous foes and engage in epic quests to unite the disparate peoples of a world at war. A romance with a seductive shapeshifter may hold the key to victory, or she may be a dangerous diversion from the heart of your mission. To be a leader, you must make ruthless decisions and be willing to sacrifice your friends and loved ones for the greater good of mankind.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The spells are pretty cool. The leveling up is interesting, although it's not very linear like other games such as Neverwinter Nights or The Elder Scrolls. I also like the ability to control any of four characters in sequence during a battle, and the ability to put the other three characters in auto-tactical mode.
There are only two things I don't like about the game. First, the NPC dialogue. In most RPG's, the dialogue is short and often just a bubble above their heads. This game's dialogue takes up hours and hours of playing time. There are times when you hack and slash for 30 minutes straight, but there are also times when you have to talk, walk around a town, talk again, etc., for 30 minutes straight, and that doesn't even include trading. In other words, there are many pars of the game where 1/2 the time you are having to sit through a long and forced conversation with an NPC. BORING! They need a "Speed it up" option. The NPC dialogue may bring some depth and richness to the game, but if I want to talk with someone, I'll call up a friend or get on Facebook, not sit and watch an NPC blabber endlessly on my TV screen...
The second thing is the saves (I think you get 32 total saves). They are not in chronological OR alphabetical order. This means if you don't remember exactly the title and save number you last saved, you have to skim through every save and search by time played to find and load your last save. Why would they design the saves like this? Those two problems, though annoying, are still nothing compared to how great and fun this game is to play.
When it comes to Bioware, you are buying story. In Dragon Age, They pull out all the stops. Mixing Tolkien with Authurian Legend; a dash of vikings and a little ancient Rome all thrown into one. This is a very Western RPG. For the most part, Bioware pulls it off. The main quest is well done; especially given that its the plot to almost every pulp fantasy novel out there. In other words, you defeat the once righteous traitor, unite the kingdom and attack the doom that threatens all. There are times when I felt I was playing another game but those times were few and far between.
The reason this game excels would be your companions. They are all fully developed and each (save maybe Sten) is fun to take out and play with. Dialog, as always, is rich and rewarding. I especially love Shale, the HK-47 of the game.
Then there are the personal quests. Again, Bioware outdid themselves; especially on Ogharen's quest. It may be my favorite personal quest in any Bioware game.
Here is where the game has its ups and downs. The basic gameplay is fun; the system is similar to Mass Effect but not as well presented. In my mind, this is still a plus. however then we have the bumps in the road. Combat can go from a ridiculously easy boss fight to an impossible "normal" fight in the blink of an eye. However the unforgivable problem is when you have "Codex updated" or "Quest updated" or "received item". Bioware, please tell me what I just got, or what was updated! Please!
Yes, this game would look great on an xbox, sadly this is a 360. In any case, yes the graphics aren't great. They are good enough though. I do feel that Bioware should have made this a 2 disc game and maybe that would help?
This may be the best Bioware game since the first "Knights of the Old Republic". It has a ton of real gameplay. The main quest line is, maybe, 80% of the game and its really well done. The other 20% is equally strong. This is unlike Bioware's last game, Mass Effect where 30% of the game (main quest) was awesome whereas the other 70% was redundant. Dragon Age is a great RPG; one that will keep you sleepless for many nights to come. It's the logical successor to Baldur's Gate and that is high praise (now if only we'd see a Planescape Torment 2!)