Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 10, 2012
Back when DBZ first started showing in the USA, I remember going to my friend's place to watch 2nd or 3rd generation tapes that were subtitled just to watch the "uncut" DBZ as it was meant to be. This is the best version to my knowledge of DBZ, you get the Japanese intro (rather than the American one) and the quality is just top notch. The supplemented book gives you a great rundown on the episodes and little bits you may have missed. This also just looks exceptional when paired up with the others in the set. I held off on getting the other releases and opted for the Dragon Boxes and I'm glad I did. These are just the way they are meant to be seen!
on February 19, 2017
THIS IS FOR any DBZ fan who grew up watching this as a kid. This doesn't have the Bruce falcuner music on it. It has the original music from Japan which fit the one for the show.
on June 23, 2011
This is a great addition to any Dragonball Z fan's collection, if you're looking for the original uncut Japanese version, and also it's full screen! The new dub is a hit or miss. Even though Funimation went back to redub spots here and there, they really should have just left it alone if they were not willing to do a more accurate overhaul of the translation that is believable. Still I have all of the original DVD singles released by Funimation, so this is nothing for me. I do wish that they were able to include the American Bruce Falconer soundtrack version in this set, but I perfectly understand the fact that there was not enough room to include this and still maintain the quality. Since I also bought the previous Season boxed sets before this release, I am very satisfied! Now if only someone would release the OVA Plan to Destroy the Saiyans, then that would make my collection complete.
on February 25, 2012
As most people reading this would know, the Dragon Boxes are insanely awesome!! But I only intend on buying sets 5,6 and 7 for two reasons.

1. Sets 1,2 and 4 are now out of print and are ridiculously expensive.
2. The picture quality is so great that I make sets 5,6 and 7 my follow up to Dragonball Z Kai. The english dub of kai is accompanied by Japanese audio anyway so the music is no issue. Also the Majin Buu saga english dub is decent enough and makes the transition from kai to dragon boxes smooth.

Buy the Dragon Boxes while you can people!! And before all sets disappear.
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 12, 2016
Fantastic
One person found this helpful
on July 7, 2017
I am thrilled to finally get my hands on these. Considering they are out of print and EXTREMELY hard to find at a decent price, I lucked out. It is a 6 disc set with a booklet of concept art and information.

As far as quality, it is top notch. I grew up watching the funination episodes and this definitely caters to my nostalgia of my youth.

Not of the kai episodes where they changed music and some of the lines of dialogue, it's the real deal.

I'm am happy.

Side note: if anyone knows where I can obtain a copy of box 4, PLEASE contact me so I can make that purchase. I have been searching for a long time!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 5, 2012
Reading the reviews I thought the original Japanese version would be better. Not so. I'm used to the edited version(s), with the added sound track and sound effects. I felt the editing truely was needed, as the Jpn version tend to drag on a bit. I'm glad I bought it though, otherwise I wouldn't have known the difference!
on April 6, 2012
I am overjoyed to finnally have this. A must for any dragonball z fan! It has origional japaneese or dubbed english, also subtitles if you prefer. Its all origional uncut dbz which is a lil drawn out but i love it. If you want all the action with none of the filler you may prefer dragonball z kai.
on October 18, 2014
I am a huge fan of Dragon Ball Z and the dragon boxes deliver.
on August 11, 2011
The Dragon Boxes are great, as an owner of both the season sets and Dragon Boxes, I would recommend the Dragon Boxes for hardcore fans of the subbed anime. They are in 4:3 format instead of 16:9 like the season sets, although this may be a little annoying it's better because that's how the series was made. In 16:9 format you lose some of the screen. The Dragon Boxes went through a much better remastering process, in the season sets, many lines were deleted do to the remastering process used. They do not include the English broadcast music, so if your not a fan of the Japanese music or the 4:3 format then I would recommend the season sets, I you like both of these then I would recommend the Dragon Boxes.
3 people found this helpful