Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 43% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Enhanced Battle Mechanics - "Impact Break" system allows large scale environment destruction. Improved mechanics allow for faster long-to-short range fights.
- Complete Character Creation & Customization - Appearance and attributes can be customized such as model body, face, hair, attire, fighting style and more! Additionally fighting style and special moves can be selected.
- Deeper Brand Representation - Fight presentations more closely mirror the animation series. Battle against a new group of giant bosses as in the animation series.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Individual Gaming Aspects
1. Graphics- The best of any DBZ game hands down. The character models don't look 100% anime-like, and to my surprise, I actually like it better this way. Melee and Specials(whether regular or ultimate) really capture the epicness of the series. It does this better than any before it. The way the battlefield looks after a special/ultimate is amazing, although it does revert back to the original battlefield afterwards(that is slightly disappointing).
2. Story- The main story is the main story. You probably know it by now, and if you don't, then I suggest you watch Dragonball Kai in jap with english subtitles(easily found just google), then DBZ for the Buu saga. Don't count on the game story mode. It goes into some detail, but a good portion is told through text walls, and that's boring. Plus all games that are based off anime usually never completely follow the way the anime was presented to a T. What it actually does show through cutscenes and in-game fights is very well presented, following the storyline VERY closely, even including some redone HD anime clips of the series. You can tell that if Spike actually had decent time to develop the game(i.e. more than 1 yr) that it would've been really special. As it stands, the main story is 3.5/ 5, above average but not quite there yet.
Hero mode, however, is another story. It's an alternate storyline parallel to that of the canon, where you create your character to try and save the world. How you save the world, I will not say, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.Read more ›
I think not even the die hard fans of DBZ would enjoy this game, it is by far too simple. I will give it credit for entertaining me the first 20 minutes, after that, there's nothing holding you to play more or even complete it. Even though, I did complete it.
I don't think is a total waste of money though, but if you want to buy it, you should wait until it cost $25 or less, probably less. You are not really missing anything at all.
I grew up on the 7 DBZ games for PS2: the Budokai Series, and Sagas was a decent single player. Addressing the "fighter" aspect of DBZ games: you need to have knowledge of the series to enjoy them, pretty much. But this game sucks. I love the graphics, all the modes, i even love the idea of fighting bosses on campain. But the fighting system is garbage. Its mostly luck based from what i can tell... and ... it makes me sad. Its like playing guitar hero, only theres no song, its not fun, and it doesnt make any sense. I am totally serious when i say guitar hero, though. The fighting system uses minigames midbattle to decide who wins a clash or something, which as you can imagine, has no place in a fighting game. However this is what battles are like for 90% of their duration.
Bottom line: Get the DBZ HD Collection or any Budokai Tenkaichi game. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It sucks. Ass. The cutscenes are great, but definitely not worth it. I got it at launch for $60 and returned it a month later for $15. Good bye. The PS2 games were so much better in every way.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As a fan of the DBZ series, both the show and the video games this game is absolute trash. This game offers little to no actual gameplay. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Dan
I just opened the game right out of the packaging and there is no game to be found. I'm truly upset. My heart was set on playing it this morning.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I was thinking hey I can get a cheaper price if it's used I've done this before and it's worked 10 times but this time they charged me 18 bucks for the wrong game the pic says... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
This game sucks you cannot fight freely its too restricted buy another dragon bal zPublished 8 months ago by Gustavo Ortiz
item looks just as described by the seller, was a pretty pretty good deal, i'll buy again from this seller no doubt !Published 8 months ago by jorge