Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on August 30, 2013
I have been enjoying using my Dragon naturally speaking software since I bought it a couple months ago. I have been vigorously training the software, so that it now makes minimal mistakes, keeping in mind that I can transfer my profile to different computers.
However, only today I found out I'm not able to transfer my profile with this basic edition, which is a disaster because I invested many hours to train the software. If I knew, I would have bought a premium edition because I have several computers and I was planning to install Dragon software in very near future, not to mention without the training every single computer.

If you have one computer and you think you will not use again in your future computer, this basic edition is a good buy, otherwise you will be paying the price difference by your precious time and effort in training the software again from scratch. To me, it's not worth $50.

FYI, you can install any edition of Dragon 12 software to up to 2 computers. I cannot speak for older versions.
22 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 28, 2017
Works ok but the training my wife had to do was a pain talk like this,stop now say this keep your voice low.You can not have any back ground sound.If the person is using this and it hear you it will start to put down what you are saying some times.If you like taking to your self and haveing to go back and type any way then this is for you
on April 13, 2017
Not full featured and didn't serve my purpose. Very limited so I didn't use it. I had a different version in the past that was excellent.
on April 16, 2017
Terrible Product, doesn't work as good as advertised
on August 21, 2015
This product came amazon listing did not say software was dvd not cdr. Nuance tech was horrible they have no download for product even with your serial number. told me to copy dvd contents to thumb drive tried it on my wifes laptop twice with tech on phone the dvdrom crashed and blue screened the computer twice in a row. tech tolf me to go to friends house and copy it to thumb drive. this item us junk i returned it to Amazon. it was supposed to work on windows xp not CRASH the computer. caused me a repair issue ans lots of wasted time, buyer beware
on May 4, 2014
I had heard good things about Dragon, but it was basically useless. Laggy and with an interface circa 1998. The headset that comes with it is horribly outdated as well. The worst part, though, is the terms of service, which gives Nuance the right to use any data you let them crawl for whatever purposes they want, including marketing and advertising - and they ask to crawl your email account and documents. Talk about signing your life away.
on March 16, 2013
At first I wasn't happy with Naturally Speaking 12. It made many errors in dictation, would not respond to commands, took forever to load, would cause my computer to freeze up,etc. I played around with it despite these annoyances and contacted Nuance technical support. I got a response from them quickly but in the meantime the software mostly corrected itself. That alone is impressive but the accuracy is even more impressive. It takes a brief training period for the software to learn your manner of speaking and vocabulary. As long as you don't speak too quickly and enunciate well it is practically flawless. There are a few trouble spots that still need some work but I would highly recommend this software to anyone who wants to dictate rather than type. It is truly amazing software and I would not part with it for anything.
on December 17, 2017
wish it was easier to use ....trying to write my books with a broken back.... not easy
on January 8, 2013
The dragon software works great. I was really surprised how accurate it is in transcribing my voice to words. I have stated a life story for my kids and it is amazing how fast you can get through it. A few simple commands and you are off and running. Great deal1
on February 16, 2016
THIS IS PROBALY THE WORST PIECE OF SOFTWARE I'VE EVER TRIED TO USE!!! THIS WAS MY THIRD TRY [PURCHASE] TO INSTALL DRAGON NS. THIS ONE WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY SERIAL NUMBER. PREVIOUS VERSION SAID I HAD TO RUN WINDOWS 7 -- WHICH I AM RUNNIG, FIRST VERSION SEEM TO WORK UNTIL I UPGRADED [$$] AND THEN NO WORK. UNFORTIONATLY THEY HAVE NO COMPITITION!! BUMMER,
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.