Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English (Old Version)
|Price:||$54.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12's natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text-with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control-for easy proofing and multi-tasking
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location
Use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone
Dragon Home turns talk into text with greater recognition and formatting accuracy than ever before. Capture your ideas at the speed of thought without letting typing, spelling, or fear of the blank page slow you down. Say words and they appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with no spelling mistakes. Correcting your dictated text is fast and easy, too.
Use your favorite applications to dictate documents, send e-mail, search the web, or network with friends and family. Speak simple voice commands to launch applications, select menu items, "press" keys, save files, or switch from one window to another. Dragon 12 Home makes working on your PC for home or school easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
Key New Features
- Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
- Use Dragon with two of the most popular web-based e-mail applications - Gmail and Hotmail - with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions.
- An interactive tutorial provides simulations to enable you to learn and practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits so you can become more proficient with Dragon in record time.
- Use an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (4th gen) or now a compatible Android device as a remote microphone for flexibility and convenience.
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
Ignite More Fun at Your PC
Dragon 12 Home lets you say words and watch them appear on your computer screen. It’s easy to install and fun to use, making even mundane PC tasks more enjoyable. It changes the way you interact with your PC for the better so you can get through your "to-do" list faster than ever before.
Ignite Creativity by Capturing Your Spoken Thoughts
Simply speak and Dragon captures your thoughts so you’ll never lose track of another great idea. Capture your thoughts quickly and completely, without having to keep your eyes fixed on the screen or keyboard. When it’s time to edit and revise your documents, use Dragon’s commands to breeze through the process. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
Ignite Productivity by Turning Talk into Text
Turn talk into text three times faster than typing with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Dragon 12 Home adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can even personalize Dragon with acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use.
Ignite Convenience by Using Your Favorite Applications
In addition to DragonPad, the built-in text editor, you can use Dragon 12 Home with many of your favorite Windows applications.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or OpenOffice Writer.
- Send e-mail in Microsoft Outlook or Windows LiveMail.
- Search the web using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Post to Facebook or Twitter.
Dragon 12 Home even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Ignite Speed with Powerful Intuitive Voice Commands
Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: "Search the web for licensed electricians in Brooklyn, New York" or "search Google for 87 divided by 12" and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say "open top site for Girl Scouts" and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords. You can even use voice commands to schedule tasks and appointments and search your computer faster than ever before.
Ignite Comfort and Freedom
With Dragon 12 Home, you can use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. You can even use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone for optimal convenience.
Ignite Ease of Use, Right Out of the Box
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a "Tip of the Day" window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor
NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. SSE2 instruction set is required.
- Recommended: 2 MB L2 cache
- Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache
Free Hard Disk Space
- 3.2 GB
- 4 GB for localized non-English versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Recommended: 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit; 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Minimum:1 GB for Windows XP; 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
NOTE: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick, anonymous process). This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Use Dragon with Gmail and Hotmail with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions (view larger).
Top Customer Reviews
The OS is Microsoft XP Professional. I generally use Dragon to answer and create emails, and in MS Word 2010. Also use it with miscellaneous other programs from time to time. It seems to work just fine for me. Takes a little while to train (less than an hour).
I would recommend this program to family and friends without hesitation. It has several different modes, and a huge array of commands. Can't tell you about technical support or how good it is, as I've never had an occasion to use it.
The new version 12, is definitely more dependable and more accurate. As confirmation of the value and ease-of-use of the product, this entire review was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 12. I have not had to do any corrections at all. The only thing I had to do, is capitalize two the words that I used, and change a to to a two. And that I did with Dragon commands.
And as a further bonus, the version 12 that I bought at this price, you have licenses for five computers.
The following is a guide to helping new users to voice dictation to understand how to get the most out of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Now these principles apply to all voice dictation software. I will update this review with more of the new features and how Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 runs when I've had time to use the software more.
(This whole review is done with Dragon I will not edit it at all)
As a quadriplegic standup comedian (okay I'm the cant stand up comic) I spent a lot of time doing voice dictation. I have been using Dragon naturally speaking since 1995 and I must say it is truly an amazing product and Dragon Dictate for Mac/Dragon NaturallySpeaking are only getting better. I want to give a basic overview on voice dictation and being successful.
To see my comedy set just google: AskACapper or I'm The Can't Stand Up Comic
One other thing to note I do not use Dragon for mouse movements and commands as I had the ability to use a touchpad mouse so I will not delve into those features in my review. This will merely focus on how you can use voice dictation effectively to receive near 100% accuracy. And how Dragon does it almost perfectly every time.
One thing you need to think about when you get into voice dictation is speaking in word clumps.Read more ›
Before purchasing Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12, I attempted to use the speech recognition program included in Windows 7. I found myself repeating commands over and over, until I eventually gave up and began typing. Another problem that I had was remembering the commands. With Dragon NaturallySpeaking, there is a convenient sidebar with various commands that you can use to navigate around your computer. When dictating, it also gives you a list of different commands that you can use to operate the system. In Microsoft Word 2010, you can do almost any operation with the sound of your voice: you can move the mouse, access tabs, and perform any editing functions from your top toolbars.
Upon first bringing the software home, and installing it on my computer, it seemed that I was going to have the same problem that I had with Windows 7 speech recognition program. Every time I attempted to dictate the only thing that Dragon would print across my screen were the words "him him him him him him him..." Also, I was getting a terrible feedback from the microphone. This frustrated me to no end. Before giving up on the software, and simply throwing it in the garbage, I decided it would be best to call technical support.Read more ›
It sometimes gets confused in the correction mode, where you ask it to correct and it does not respond appropriately to the "correct that" command. So its helpful bells and whistles can sometimes be a source of irritation.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I LOVE this software. I used this version on my older computer and when I upgraded to a new computer and new version of the software, all my files came with it with no issue! Read morePublished 25 days ago by Jana Satterwhite
Could never understand me no matter how slow or fast I spoke....BEYOND frustrating and a complete waste of money. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Laura
May be good for dictation but for handicapped person using it for computer control, this product flat out sucks. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bookseller
Have not had to chance to fully come to grips with the product yet,but what little I have used it .... works just fine.Published 1 month ago by Randy S. Cierley