Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English (Old Version)
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12's natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text-with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control-for easy proofing and multi-tasking
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Turn Talk into Text-Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Home speech recognition software ignites new levels of creativity and convenience by letting you interact with your PC using your voice. Dragon recognizes what you say and how you say it so you can turn talk into text and enjoy using your voice to command your PC and applications. Say words and they appear on your screen - three times faster than typing. Use your favorite applications to dictate documents, send email, search the Web, or network with friends and family. Speak simple voice commands to launch applications, select menu items, “press” keys, save files, or switch from one window to another. Dragon 12 Home makes working on your PC for home or school easier and more enjoyable than ever before
From the Manufacturer
Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location
Use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone
Dragon Home turns talk into text with greater recognition and formatting accuracy than ever before. Capture your ideas at the speed of thought without letting typing, spelling, or fear of the blank page slow you down. Say words and they appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with no spelling mistakes. Correcting your dictated text is fast and easy, too.
Use your favorite applications to dictate documents, send e-mail, search the web, or network with friends and family. Speak simple voice commands to launch applications, select menu items, "press" keys, save files, or switch from one window to another. Dragon 12 Home makes working on your PC for home or school easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
Key New Features
- Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
- Use Dragon with two of the most popular web-based e-mail applications - Gmail and Hotmail - with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions.
- An interactive tutorial provides simulations to enable you to learn and practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits so you can become more proficient with Dragon in record time.
- Use an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (4th gen) or now a compatible Android device as a remote microphone for flexibility and convenience.
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
Ignite More Fun at Your PC
Dragon 12 Home lets you say words and watch them appear on your computer screen. It’s easy to install and fun to use, making even mundane PC tasks more enjoyable. It changes the way you interact with your PC for the better so you can get through your "to-do" list faster than ever before.
Ignite Creativity by Capturing Your Spoken Thoughts
Simply speak and Dragon captures your thoughts so you’ll never lose track of another great idea. Capture your thoughts quickly and completely, without having to keep your eyes fixed on the screen or keyboard. When it’s time to edit and revise your documents, use Dragon’s commands to breeze through the process. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
Ignite Productivity by Turning Talk into Text
Turn talk into text three times faster than typing with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Dragon 12 Home adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can even personalize Dragon with acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use.
Ignite Convenience by Using Your Favorite Applications
In addition to DragonPad, the built-in text editor, you can use Dragon 12 Home with many of your favorite Windows applications.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or OpenOffice Writer.
- Send e-mail in Microsoft Outlook or Windows LiveMail.
- Search the web using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Post to Facebook or Twitter.
Dragon 12 Home even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Ignite Speed with Powerful Intuitive Voice Commands
Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: "Search the web for licensed electricians in Brooklyn, New York" or "search Google for 87 divided by 12" and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say "open top site for Girl Scouts" and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords. You can even use voice commands to schedule tasks and appointments and search your computer faster than ever before.
Ignite Comfort and Freedom
With Dragon 12 Home, you can use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. You can even use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone for optimal convenience.
Ignite Ease of Use, Right Out of the Box
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a "Tip of the Day" window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor
NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. SSE2 instruction set is required.
- Recommended: 2 MB L2 cache
- Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache
Free Hard Disk Space
- 3.2 GB
- 4 GB for localized non-English versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Recommended: 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit; 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Minimum:1 GB for Windows XP; 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
NOTE: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick, anonymous process). This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Use Dragon with Gmail and Hotmail with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions (view larger).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The dufuses also put a part of the program in the temp directory. I don't know if it happens on installation or training. But if you ever clean your disks like you should of cookies, temps, etc, it looses something it needs. Who in their right mind stores important program files in a temp directory?!
It is also incompatible with certain Flash versions, and can screw up Firefox as well if you use one of those versions. This is most likely Flash's fault.
I am computer proficient and have a powerful computer. I reinstalled a few times,made a new user profile and tried solutions others suggested in their forums.
I can't believe they have the nerve to try and charge such a high price for the upgrade to version 12. People on their forums say version 12 has the same problem. There is no excuse for such poor support for a program.
Do Not get it until you hear of a patch to fix the problems.
The OS is Microsoft XP Professional. I generally use Dragon to answer and create emails, and in MS Word 2010. Also use it with miscellaneous other programs from time to time. It seems to work just fine for me. Takes a little while to train (less than an hour).
I would recommend this program to family and friends without hesitation. It has several different modes, and a huge array of commands. Can't tell you about technical support or how good it is, as I've never had an occasion to use it.
The new version 12, is definitely more dependable and more accurate. As confirmation of the value and ease-of-use of the product, this entire review was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 12. I have not had to do any corrections at all. The only thing I had to do, is capitalize two the words that I used, and change a to to a two. And that I did with Dragon commands.
And as a further bonus, the version 12 that I bought at this price, you have licenses for five computers.
Before purchasing Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12, I attempted to use the speech recognition program included in Windows 7. I found myself repeating commands over and over, until I eventually gave up and began typing. Another problem that I had was remembering the commands. With Dragon NaturallySpeaking, there is a convenient sidebar with various commands that you can use to navigate around your computer. When dictating, it also gives you a list of different commands that you can use to operate the system. In Microsoft Word 2010, you can do almost any operation with the sound of your voice: you can move the mouse, access tabs, and perform any editing functions from your top toolbars.
Upon first bringing the software home, and installing it on my computer, it seemed that I was going to have the same problem that I had with Windows 7 speech recognition program. Every time I attempted to dictate the only thing that Dragon would print across my screen were the words "him him him him him him him..." Also, I was getting a terrible feedback from the microphone. This frustrated me to no end. Before giving up on the software, and simply throwing it in the garbage, I decided it would be best to call technical support.
One valuable tool that is included with your Dragon software is the technical support team. This is a service you can take advantage of, at no additional cost, for the first 90 days after you register your product. The service far exceeded my expectations. The person on the other end of the phone was polite, patient, and took the time to walk me through a number of commands to attempt to fix the problem. After we had exhausted all efforts to adjust the settings, with no solution being found, the technician advised me to try a USB headset instead of a line in microphone. Evidentially, my sound card was not compatible with the headset provided with the Dragon software. The technician informed me that the USB headset would bypass my soundcard altogether. His advice was accurate, and Dragon has worked flawlessly for me ever since.
I think it's important to mention, for any of you considering buying Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12, that I've used this software to write this review. I have made almost no corrections with the exception of when I got hung up and couldn't speak properly. It did take me a while to learn how to dictate to the computer as opposed to type, but now that I've got the hang of it, I'm more than happy with this product. In fact I find that I wonder how I got along before I had it.
Once everything is configured properly, and you've trained Dragon to your voice (which takes about 4 min.), the software is very accurate. On the box Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12 claims to have a 99% accuracy rate. After getting a few hiccups worked out, I would have to agree with that percentage rate. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who has difficulty typing, spelling, or wants to increase their productivity.