Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 13.0, English
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$19.01 (16%)|
- The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer; Dragon dramatically boosts your personal productivity and helps you realize your full potential
- A personalized, voice-driven experience; Dragon gets even more accurate as it learns the words and phrases you use the most, spelling even difficult words and proper names correctly
- An intuitive design and helpful tutorials make it easy to get started and easy to master
- The ability to create, format and edit documents by voice allows you to think out loud and break through barriers to creativity
- Dictation of text anywhere where you normally type within popular applications enables greater productivity and efficient multi-tasking
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 13
- RAM: Minimum 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1, 10; 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- CPU: Minimum 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 4GB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 8 & 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
- Note: Supports Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013. Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
A Nuance-approved microphone is INCLUDED with this purchase.
Be more productive on your PC for work, school, or home by using your voice
Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Premium is perfect if you want a robust speech recognition solution that enables you to accomplish more on your computer in less time by talking instead of typing so you can realize your potential at work, school or home. It lets you dictate documents naturally with up to 99% accuracy and control your computer and applications using simple voice commands for significant productivity gains and reduced stress and strain on your arms, neck or back.
Whether you’re a student, teacher, professor, self-employed worker, writer/blogger, consultant or anyone who spends a lot of time on a computer, you can use Dragon speech recognition to complete everyday tasks or large work projects faster than you ever thought possible.
Dragon makes it easy to:
* Dictate, edit and format letters, articles, papers, essays, spreadsheets, presentations, reports and more — all by voice
* Search the Web to find facts, figures and images for inclusion in assignments and documents
* Take voice notes on the go by dictating into a digital voice recorder or smartphone for later transcription
* Enter frequently used text or graphics into a document with a simple voice command
* Email professors, colleagues, friends and family by dictating, editing and sending messages using your voice
* Speak into a chat client instead of typing to collaborate with peers on projects or to communicate with friends and family
* Talk to fill out online applications, registration forms, shopping check-out fields and more
* Enter and check class schedules, client meetings, kids’ activities and other calendar appointments by voice
* Update your status and check what’s new on social media like Facebook and Twitter
* Multitask by interacting with your computer hands-free to fit more in your busy day
Enjoy amazing speed and accuracy
Dictate up to three times faster than typing; your words appear on the screen almost instantly. Speak naturally and Dragon recognizes what you say right out of the box.
Talk naturally at normal speeds and your words appear on screen almost instantly. Eliminate spelling concerns and minimize corrections. Get results the way you want them;
Dragon adapts to your preferences for how words, phrases or numbers are formatted.
Achieve even better accuracy the more you use it; Dragon continues to learn the way you speak and write. Optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails further enhance accuracy.
Be more productive on your computer
Create, edit and format documents—with no spelling mistakes! You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes.
Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task. Launch applications, control programs, surf the web and switch from one window to another—all by voice.
Create your own custom voice commands to insert frequently used text and graphics. You can also import/export custom word lists.
Work the way you want to
Interact with your computer in a more comfortable and ergonomic manner.
Go wireless with built-in laptop microphones—no headset required! Or, use your smartphone as a wireless microphone. With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a Bluetooth wireless mic at school, and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go.
Capture notes using a digital voice recorder or compatible iOS and Android devices and Dragon will transcribe the audio for you. Dragon is optimized to transcribe a single speaker’s voice.
Use favorite applications
Control your computer and your applications—whether on the desktop or in the cloud—using your voice. Speak voice commands and use Full Text Control in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Notepad, WordPad, and DragonPad.
Enjoy Full Text Control in many popular web applications including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, when using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome. Full Text Control allows you to perform direct dictation, selection, correction and cursor movement within the text using your voice.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium speech recognition software lets you accomplish more on your computer - quickly and accurately - using your voice. Dragon turns spoken words into text and executes voice commands much faster than you can type so you can realise your productivity potential at work, school or home.
Platform: PC Disc | Edition: Premium 13.0
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You have to be REALLY good with tech to install this sucker.
I'm moderately tech savvy but I would never have been able to install the dragon software. This is one thing they just have to fix because it's ridiculously hard.
In fact for me it was no problem because I just had the main problem-solving guy from our company's IT department install it for me.
Despite the installation complexity, I gave it five stars because for the eight months I've been using it, it's just great.
It's accurate and it's easy to correct mistakes. I've no complaints with it at all. It's the best Dragon has ever made.
I've been using voice recognition, Mostly Dragon, For 17 years. I never type anything more then one short sentence. Every document, e-mail, etc. that I have created all these years has been done with voice recognition.
So, I have a tip:
With each new version of voice recognition software that I use, I have found that over time, The voice files get so huge and complex that they begin to degrade and then the software makes more and more mistakes and becomes becomes less and less useful.
So, what you can do is use the new software for a couple months to get its vocabulary just where you want it.
Then, back up your speech files and save them somewhere where you can find them.
When the software starts going all to hell, uninstall the software, reinstall the software along with your backed up speech files.
The installation was painless as well as the initial setup. There is no training required to get started, and the accuracy was surprisingly high without this requirement; however, I have since read one of the training documents because of the amount of text that I have to dictate every day, I wanted to ensure greater accuracy.
Since purchasing DNS13 on August 11, 2014 I've dictated just over 6,000 words; out of curiosity I did track corrections that had to be made, and Dragon NaturallySpeaking's accuracy came in at 99.2%. My VXi TalkPro UC2 microphone is working very well with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, much better than it was with Windows speech recognition.
The product integrates well with Microsoft Word and Outlook, but all of the default hotkeys must be changed otherwise you cannot create formulas in Excel. It is unfortunate that after all of these years that people have requested integration with Microsoft OneNote, the only thing DNS 13 can manage is the ribbon; text cannot be dictated directly into the program.
One thing I do miss about Windows speech recognition is the add-on macros tool where I could build routine formatting commands. I use this extensively in Microsoft OneNote; for example, I would dictate a line and then voice a command that would select the entire line, set the font point size, set tags, and then enter a double line feed.
If you try to dictate into some web forms, such as Amazon's search field, the Internet Explorer Full Text Control browser add-on does crash Dragon NaturallySpeaking (according to the DNS and Windows event logs), and corrupt all right-click context menus in Windows 7; a reboot is required to clear up the problem. With Firefox, the browser add-on simply does not work.
There is a plethora of commands available in DNS 13 to suit whatever level of keyboard or mouse interaction you would rather use your voice to control. I particularly like being able to search the web when something comes to mind, the "search the web" command is great.
Overall, for me, the product is better than Windows speech recognition, and I can continue to work around the browser add-on crashing, missing Microsoft OneNote integration, and lack of custom formatting commands as quality recognition is my number one need. For now, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 gets four stars; address the missing OneNote integration and the browser add-on crashing, and I might bump it up to five stars.
I bought it from Amazon on Jan. 20th and have finally given up any hope of ever running it on February 24th. In the month in between we (myself and everyone I know who can handle computers) have tried everything possible to load and run 'The Dragon'. We have the ghastly Windows 8 and Nuanace Naturally Speaking is specifically designed to work with this. We have had a month of failure!
I would say that Nuance customer relations have tried their best to get the thing working. We have had a correspondence involving 19 E mails. We have had a dozen long sessions with their customer advisors. We have relaunched Windows 8, disabled all anti virus programmes, set up a new and separate Windows account. All to no avail. And why should it have to come to this? Every other programme I have working on the computer has worked straight out of the box!
Above all, if I ever see the words ....
"One or more registry settings are corrupt and your registry permissions prevent Dragon NaturallySpeaking from correcting them. Please run Dragon NaturallySpeaking Setup and select the Repair option."
again I will loose the will to live.
So , if Dragon can not make the thing work on Windows 8 for which it is specifically designed, then I am none too impressed. I am moving to Windows 10 anyway and the Naturally Speaking will not work on that yet.
So, that is a month of my life I will never get back. Now I have to test the Amazon return policy and the Nuance 90 Day return guarantee.
I've been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking for many years, over 20, and the program still needs a lot of work. I have a real love/hate relationship with it because it makes a lot of stupid mistakes. It still does not take adequate advantage of multi-core CPUs or of vast amounts of memory like it should. This program needs to learn how to utilize system resources if they are available. Come on Nuance get it together. Your programmers turn out the same old thing with only minor improvements over decades of development, yet claim vast improvements with each release. You need some good competition.
Most recent customer reviews
Installation was trouble-free and took less than 25 minutes.
Caveat: I exactly followed all of the instructions in Baker's "A...Read more